WTB: Used RH Female "starter" set

RxGus

Argyle Warrior
Reaction score
Handicap
Winter
I have been teaching a female friend of mine how to golf over the past few months and she is starting to get pretty good (and really enjoy it!). She is still using an AWFUL set of rental clubs at the local course and I would really like to get her a set of woman's clubs as a "I am going away gift" but a new starter set just isn't in the budget at the moment.

Does anyone here have an old set of Female clubs lying around?

They don't have to be nice, in great shape, or even a full set... just something better then the 20 year old male blades she has been renting.

Thanks!

WHat are you looking to spend?

Thats a really good question.

I can find new starter sets with free shipping around $200. So something less than that?
I would love to be in the 100-120 range, esp if it doesn't come with a bag (and I would need to purchase that too).

Clear as Mud?

A little off topic, but any chances she wants to come to the outing Gus? That way she could try 4-5 different ladies iron sets and give you a better idea of what works for her.

I will talk to my wife tonite. She might have what your looking for at home. I will see if she wants to upgrade. She really took to the game and has improved quickly.

well, I know you can get some used sets on ebay for nothin, and it comes with a bag usually

well, I know you can get some used sets on ebay for nothin, and it comes with a bag usually

Yep, I have seen some of those auctions. Mostly, I wanted to see if someone here had something... I would much rather my money go to a THPer than a stranger, ya know?

Yep, I have seen some of those auctions. Mostly, I wanted to see if someone here had something... I would much rather my money go to a THPer than a stranger, ya know?

I completely agree, my wife has one of those Wilson Hope sets, someone gave them to her and she hates golf. Its the whole set with bag.

Try Craigslist or even put a wanted ad on there. I see women's clubs with a bag on there a good bit. Do they have to be women's clubs? I know several women who play well with men's clubs. If she is a stronger hitter and above average height, she could probably hit men's soft or regular flex just fine.

A little off topic, but any chances she wants to come to the outing Gus? That way she could try 4-5 different ladies iron sets and give you a better idea of what works for her.

I brought up the topic to her earlier and she didn't seem all that interested. When I say that she is improving I mean only that the balls are going in the general direction of the hole and that she is topping less than 1/2 of them. IMO she still has a long way to go before being able to tell the difference between similar sets of irons

Try Craigslist or even put a wanted ad on there. I see women's clubs with a bag on there a good bit. Do they have to be women's clubs? I know several women who play well with men's clubs. If she is a stronger hitter and above average height, she could probably hit men's soft or regular flex just fine.

I have been looking in those places as well. All things being equal I would just rather do business with a THPer than a stranger. You never know who might have a set in the basement and could use some extra cash (to go start club ho-ing again).

As the the girl vs guy set... she is not tall enough to hit guys clubs and watching her swing those rentals I can tell she is really struggling with the weight during the backswing. That is why I am really looking at cheap/beat up used clubs. When she gets good (and I think she is going to get very good) she will need mens clubs and likely a senior flex... but not yet. Whatever I give her now will only be good for about a year.

Hey Gus, Are you still looking for a set? Give me a little bit, but I may be getting rid of mine soon. I have the Wilson Hope set.

Yes. And Perfect.

If you are getting a new set, allow me to contribute some of the money for it!

Back