THP Event Random Memories Thread

Cure Putter Event Ohio 2015

We will give away 3-4 putters...Nah screw it Jeff said, lets give away putters to everybody.
And that course was fantastic. Long live Schlongingburger
Coming up on hole 9 with you, Jeff and John there to give those who missed another chance to make was awesome, seeing jeff put the ball in a tap in range for Robo was so cool. Cure absolutely got it for that event and spread the word on their putters the best way possible, put them in the hands of THPers from around the country to get other people to try them. Class acts all around!

stupid thing. I may have crapped myself. Still got up and down though. Thankfully it slithered away or else I would have conceded that hole and left the ball.
Lol, good times

Going to the grocery store with my Villamates in the 2012 Morgan Cup and watching Smalls buy a half dozen two liters of diet coke for the three days lol.

Oh yeah, I did that!

2014 #TheKing La Costa

This was one of my favorite events we have hosted from a hosting standpoint. Hashtag and I decide to surprise the guys with bags for everybody, to go along with the rest of the swag that included a new driver. But at dinner, something amazing happened. Man Candy was born. This sweet and spicy bacon deliciousness from our 2nd group dinner at Ignite Bistro was something else.

2014 Taylormade Testing. v.man and I eat the awesome breakfast buffet at Mission Inn and then head to the range. 441 announces that two guys didn't pay for their breakfast.

Whoops.

#BreakfastNotIncluded

2014 Morgan Cup

Playing a practice round at Caledonia. I hit my ball on the right side of the fairway, and the trees cut in pretty close to the fairway on that hole. Maybe eight feet from the trees when I get to my ball.

I grab my laser sight, but no clubs, and my cart mate quickly pulls off to find his ball on the other side of the fairway. I hear a rustling in the trees, and about eight feet away from me is a hawk standing on the ground. It was a squirrel in its talons, and it looks at my while raising its talon to show the squirrel -- while giving me a "come at me, bro" look.

I slowly back away. It then flies into a hazard area just ahead of me and starts eating the squirrel. Everyone gets an up close view of nature while trying to hit their approach shots.

2010, maybe 2011 wedge shootout. An ungodly amount of wind at Prestancia, someone passed out dead on the couch, and the sushi dinner hoover plate cleaner.

2013 OH Invitational.

Having a real father son moment with ATL after our round going to get ice cream. His rental smelled so terrible, I almost threw up on the ride to the ice cream shop.

2013 Morgan Cup. Possibly the most fun I've ever had. War Eagle almost banned me on Sunday night. "Because I was stupid" was the reason he put in the box.

2014 Grandaddy

Guys walking around on the range and someone says "I think that is Roger Cleveland". Finley turns to me and says "Oh I guess we forgot to tell them that they get to work with Roger Cleveland today". Classic.

2013 OH Invitational.

Having a real father son moment with ATL after our round going to get ice cream. His rental smelled so terrible, I almost threw up on the ride to the ice cream shop.

2013 Morgan Cup. Possibly the most fun I've ever had. War Eagle almost banned me on Sunday night. "Because I was stupid" was the reason he put in the box.

Someone smoked a lot of pot in that car, and then they tried to hide it with an exponentially greater amount of incense.

The car smelled of South Central OH, that was clear.

Watching Tyler from TM go for it in two on 17 at Mission Inn. Great stuff. He's a really good dude.

I hate that effing hole.

2014 #PersonalDistance

Round table discussion with WS President Tim Clarke. The freaking president of a major golf company came in bright and early on a Saturday morning to talk with 11 strangers of the Internet golfing world. So cool

2013 Morgan Cup: Listening to Jake, buckjob and a few other guys recant the story of a "cougar" trying to come with them to the Friday night dinner after Media Day.

2014 MC:

2 words: Bill Mealy

The random memories of the Morgan Cups make me kick myself for not being able to even enter the last few.

2010, maybe 2011 wedge shootout. An ungodly amount of wind at Prestancia, someone passed out dead on the couch, and the sushi dinner hoover plate cleaner.

For you my friend. The Walrus dance on our first hole Sunday morning at Grand Cypress.

2014 MC:

2 words: Bill Mealy

Bill Mealy was a plus handicap, if I remember correctly.

Huge hands on that Bill Mealy. Like catchers mitts.

Not snapping your club on a tree? I find that hard to believe. :alien:
That wasn't a random memory...lol....

I presumed it was watching me hit 5W from 235.
Still the most ridiculous recovery shot ever. We were 2 up at that point.

2014 MC, Sunday Singles
Sharing a cart with Adam where two strangers and former competitors became friends.

Adam's dad following along in his cart and getting everything we love about golf and the community.
This is definitely one of mine.

2014 MC -
I was mic'd up by JLD for our practice round with Golferbest, Trout and Scarni. I hit my first tee shot and it flies down the fairway and before the ball lands I turn, and walk away and say, "That's how babies are made." About 10 minutes later on the green, Trout starts to have a conversation with me and I had to remind him that I had a mic on. Never seen someone turn so red.

Sunday Singles - Standing on the tee watching everyone get ready and trout and I are talking. I told him I was going to wear my hat backwards but my dad told me I looked like an a-hole. He looks at me with the most serious look ever and turns his hat around and says, "Seriously? I don't him him thinking I'm some piece of trash." I started laughing and told him I was joking. It spoke to the respect that he had for my dad though and it really stuck with me.

MC Practice Round - AD, Paladin, GolferBest and I went out for a round and about 6 holes Golferbest and I are doing our "act" if you will and Donne says to Steve, "I'm so glad I only have one round with you guys. This is the reason you're paired together. I don't think anyone else on our team would be able to play serious golf with either of you."

The Entire MC - My Dad still talks about everyone he met that weekend and asks me how you are all doing. He still says it's some of the best golf he's ever seen anyone play.

2015 Bridgestone U

playing Saturday with Troyefl, Vthokies20 and greggdrews. Par 4 up hill into the wind. Troy hits one driver clears the bunker on the right and it's out here in the 290+ range! vthokies then crushes one further than that. I look at Gregg with the wth look. Vthokies then asks to hit the j715 driver and proceeds to murder it past his and troys first drive.

was thinking I guess that shows how good the j715 is,

Bill Mealy was a plus handicap, if I remember correctly.

Huge hands on that Bill Mealy. Like catchers mitts.

He died tragically in a freak shuffleboard accident.

2013 Love Is In The Air - Orlando
Japanese Steakhouse guy telling MikeDean to come back in an hour when he orders his steak well done.

2014 Love Is In THe Air - Orlando
David WInchell periscoping the steak chef doing his thing.
And Mike Yagley being a BOSS with EVERYBODY!!!!

2013 Love Is In The Air - Orlando
Japanese Steakhouse guy telling MikeDean to come back in an hour when he orders his steak well done.

2014 Love Is In THe Air - Orlando
David WInchell periscoping the steak chef doing his thing.
And Mike Yagley being a BOSS with EVERYBODY!!!!

Whenever somebody orders a steak well done, I cry a single tear.
When

For you my friend. The Walrus dance on our first hole Sunday morning at Grand Cypress.
Its a good stretch, you gotta kept it light and loose after those weekends. Played with a fellow Wednesday that was telling me all about his round last Saturday at Grand Cypress. I asked him if he played all the courses that day. He said no, are you crazy?

A little, but it's worth it.

2014 Grandaddy

THP flew Mward out to the event to cover it since Morgan could not go. After the event we are going to a Mexican place with just Team THP for dinner. This place gives salsa and queso on the tables and Ward thought it was like Swag and that and a glass of water would be perfect for dinner.

Back