Most Overrated Food Places

The easy answer is any chain restaurant. It amazes me the people I know that love Red Lobster for seafood. I guess they have never left Ohio if they think Red Lobster is good seafood.

I have never found a chain restaurant that I consider great food. Now I still go to some because in Columbus that is about all that is around, but I think they are all overpriced and over-hyped. Not to mention all the food is frozen and comes from one of 3 suppliers, GFS, Sysco and US Foods.

Your post reminds of an experience in Lower Alabama, aka North Florida... My wife and I had just flown into Pensacola (Navy) from San Diego. It was early evening as we are making our way from the airport to NAS Pensacola. It's around dinner time and we are obviously hungry, so I ask the Officer of the Deck (OOD) if there are any restaurants near the base. He kind of gave me a strange look, and said something to the effect of there being a lot of "restaurants" right outside the main gate. My wife and I kind of gave each other a look because we had just driven through the main gate, but didn't recall seeing any restaurants. So, I say okay and thanks to the OOD and we proceed back out the main gate. We are looking all over the place and just not seeing any restaurants. Then it suddenly dawns on me that the OOD was referring to all of the fast food and chain "restaurants". Not exactly our definition of a restaurant, having spent a considerable amount of time overseas and on the west coast. So we settled for a place we had never heard of before called Ruby Tuesdays... It sucked and we quickly learned what southerners refer to as good "restaurants". Anyway, no offense to any southerners, but we eventually found the few decent restaurants in the area that were not chain establishments. The midwest and south are notorious for having nothing but chain restaurants and it's no wonder we have so many issues with obesity in this country.

I refuse to eat at Jimmy Johns because their owner is a giant douche canoe and they make employees sign non compete agreements to prevent them from making sandwiches at other fast food places.

The douche move is that a non-compete is only enforceable in a handful of states and generally not a minimum wage levels, employers place them in agreements to scare employee's into compliance. Much like an NDA, they are rarely worth the paper they are printed on.

LOL on the JimmyJohn's hate. I really enjoy Jimmy John's, but only when I get it in store, delivery prices are outrageous. Now, it's nothing spectacular, but for a sandwich out it sure beats subway or quizno's or the crap sandwiches at the grocery stores. :shrug:

Any of those places are impossible for me to eat at, growing up in Philly where a Hoagie is a Hoagie, fake Hoagies or Sub's just fall incredibly flat. Epic Fail as they say.

Went there for the first time the other night. I would agree. Nothing to write home about

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

I've noticed a few that have shut down lately, I'm not mourning their loss.

B Dubs - awful food, overpriced beer.
Chili's - see B-Dubs
Olive Garden- overcooked everything. Well the salad isn't.
Little Caesars- my kids love it. I have failed as a parent. We live in Chicago and my kids like little Caesars.
Pizza Hut, dominos, papa johns - blech! Ok so I'm a pizza snob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B Dubs - awful food, overpriced beer.
Chili's - see B-Dubs
Olive Garden- overcooked everything. Well the salad isn't.
Little Caesars- my kids love it. I have failed as a parent. We live in Chicago and my kids like little Caesars.
Pizza Hut, dominos, papa johns - blech! Ok so I'm a pizza snob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree whole heartedly with those...Bdubs has to be at the top of my list for poor places to eat...yet I still seem to go there occasionally

I agree whole heartedly with those...Bdubs has to be at the top of my list for poor places to eat...yet I still seem to go there occasionally
The only way I can defend Bdubs is that they always have PPV fights for free. So that fills one niche right there and when ever I go the bar area is packed.

Also a great family oriented restaurant like Red Robin's. These two places are so loud I don't care if my kids are screaming their lungs out to disturb anyone else's meal :)

For me its Zaxbys. The food is overrated and over priced.

I am a huge beer lover and Miller Lite and Yuengling serve me quite well without breaking the bank, making me gag or bringing on the dreaded bitter beer face.

don't forget Genesee Cream Ale !!!!!!!!!

don't forget Genesee Cream Ale !!!!!!!!!
My dad always jokes about good ole genny cream ales being a laxative for him and his buddies in college. Gotta limit those lol

To me Red Lobster falls in this category

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just had Chipotle and it was DELICIOUS! :)

You should get out more. :act-up:
I love that place. And by the crowds, I'm not the only one. Portillos may be for dinner. Cake shake!

I love that place. And by the crowds, I'm not the only one. Portillos may be for dinner. Cake shake!

Taco Bell and Chilis both have amazing crowds too. Subway is the largest franchise in the US for Fast Food I believe. The Crowds are rarely right. :D

Taco Bell and Chilis both have amazing crowds too. Subway is the largest franchise in the US for Fast Food I believe. The Crowds are rarely right. :D

So what you are saying is taste is more like the Electoral College :)

I had Chipotle as well. I find it tasty. Chicken bowl with guac is tasty

I had Chipotle as well. I find it tasty. Chicken bowl with guac is tasty

All those trips to Arizona and no chance to take you for decent Mexican food.

Or Mexican-Chinese mashup awesomeness.

I don't like subway much although a breakfast flatbread sandwich is pretty good. Taco Bell is on the list.... Although it's been greatly reduced on my visit list lately. I love White Castle too... I'm a lost cause but I'm okay with that.

Trust me... I like authentic mexican, but you cannot get that in five minutes. Mexican food is my absolute favorite food on the planet.. Give me some sour cream chicken enchiladas or some puffy tacos and this guy is happy.

I will make his happen sooner than later.

AZ golf washed down with Chino Bandito. Or wherever the Fupster thinks is good.

Remember -- the guac is extra.

2c0673ed8406db85bbfc312682421e55.jpg

Back