Cobra KING LTD Driver Preview

what could really go wrong?

Is this sarcastic?

I can understand your concern but the entire spaceport is so secure. They spoke about thinner soles having too much flex or play. This sole is constructed extremely well and had no play. Non that we will ever notice. This thing isn't going to fail. Will one ever break or get damaged, sure. But that is standard with anything you buy.

I think the part that makes me nervous is the first ever build screw in plastic piece that vibration will not unscrew. That seems like it might malfunction over time

Cobra KING LTD Driver Preview

Is this sarcastic?

I think the part that makes me nervous is the first ever build screw in plastic piece that vibration will not unscrew. That seems like it might malfunction over time

Not at all. It was a genuine question to you. What is different about this piece than all of the thousands of other screw on weights or parts on drivers currently out there? Do you honestly think their R&D department didn't test those kinds of things? Drivers and clubs are in the works for years before they are actually released...I'd give them some credit they are doing what they are paid to do and not chop shopping something together.

I'll hit it. GBB just took a backseat

If they trust it on the ISS I can trust it on my golf club. Up there if it breaks everyone dies.

This looks incredible !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this sarcastic?

I think the screw in portion is aircraft grade aluminum and the transparent part is polycarbonate that is connected to the metal in whatever manner it is. The aluminum is screwed in with the special threads they mentioned in the videos which are designed to withstand high force and vibration.

Freddie, distance perception from your time hitting it? Forgiveness? You mentioned launch and sound, but I'm curious if the claims of low-spin high MOI were seen/perceived. Thanks.

Phenomenal job Freddie!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great work Freddie, I was a Cobra homer years ago and love the look of the irons.

Me too Jim. Every single club in my bag was a Cobra as the product simply worked very well for me. These new irons do look hawt for sure however will the orange be the only option?

Great job Freddie! :clapp:

what could really go wrong?

I can understand your concern but the entire spaceport is so secure. They spoke about thinner soles having too much flex or play. This sole is constructed extremely well and had no play. Non that we will ever notice. This thing isn't going to fail. Will one ever break or get damaged, sure. But that is standard with anything you buy.

Not at all. It was a genuine question to you. What is different about this piece than all of the thousands of other screw on weights or parts on drivers currently out there? Do you honestly think their R&D department didn't test those kinds of things? Drivers and clubs are in the works for years before they are actually released...I'd give them some credit they are doing what they are paid to do and not chop shopping something together.

Oh I give R+D huge credit here. I think this appears to be some of biggest innovation I've seen in drivers in awhile. It seems way different to me that the SLDR, Bertha, FlyZ, or any of the other random sliding weights

Panda are their any rumors of new wedges?

At one time the whole bag was Cobra and Titleist, then I bought a new King Cobra Driver at GS and the factory Stiff shaft was actually a Senior (verified by GS) and they referred me back me to Cobra to warranty it and it got ugly. Traded in it all and moved on, but this is a different era and well worth another look.

Me too Jim. Every single club in my bag was a Cobra as the product simply worked very well for me. These new irons do look hawt for sure however will the orange be the only option?

Great job Freddie! :clapp:

The press kit arrived, so I am going to add a few of my in-hand pictures as well. I am sure the pictures Freddie will get outside will be way better, but I wanted to at least add these. I couldn't get a good picture of the crown, every picture was just a reflection of me, so I will let Freddie get those for you.

0818151244a~2~2-L.jpg

0818151245~2-L.jpg

0818151246b-L.jpg

0818151245a~2-L.jpg

0818151245c-L.jpg
0818151252-L.jpg
0818151246a-L.jpg

0818151245e~2-L.jpg

Like a Hitman tools. Ready for the course

Since I haven't read the entire topic, is this line designed for low handicap players? If so, does this mean the Fly Z line sticks around another year for the GI and the Fly Z XL for the Max GI categories?

Judging by what I see, this doesn't seem like a replacement for the Fly Z since these clubs appear to not fall into the GI category.

The only thing that I don't like about this is the money I'll end up spending on this junk!

Someone send me a King driver to test!

Full set of MB's?? Yes please....

Well done Freddie. Can't wait to see these in person!

Since I haven't read the entire topic, is this line designed for low handicap players? If so, does this mean the Fly Z line sticks around another year for the GI and the Fly Z XL for the Max GI categories?

Judging by what I see, this doesn't seem like a replacement for the Fly Z since these clubs appear to not fall into the GI category.
I asked and was told it was designed for the tour player to the 10 hdcp. This is not say the higher caps can't play the club but the tech may be lost on them. I never asked about the Flyz line staying around. I will ask and follow up with you.

Couldn't follow the launch (really took that term Litteraly didn't they) live today. But caught up the best I could.

Could have missed it in skimming, but is there a retail price listed yet?

Freddie, I never saw where it was mentioned, but once the internal weights are adjusted, is that done and the space port is sealed?

Couldn't follow the launch (really took that term Litteraly didn't they) live today. But caught up the best I could.

Could have missed it in skimming, but is there a retail price listed yet?
I think it's 450

Now if I can only find Sandra Bullock behind the Space Port, I'd be 100% sold!!

Great job on the coverage Freddie, I look forward to jumping back in and catching up with the rest of your thoughts.

Wellllllllll then, this post just made this Cobra guy happy happy happy.

Outstanding work Freddie. This whole line just looks fantastic. What are your thoughts on the overall feel of the driver? Is there another driver out there thats a closest comparison?

Back