The Official 2015 MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Royals hit 2 million in attendance tonight as they snap a two game losing streak. Earliest they have ever gotten there and first time since 1991. They are 3,000 a game above the pace of their record season.

Royals hit 2 million in attendance tonight as they snap a two game losing streak. Earliest they have ever gotten there and first time since 1991. They are 3,000 a game above the pace of their record season.
I didn't think we'd ever see 2 million again. Heck, most years we were lucky to get 1.5.

Holland looked like his old self tonight. Hard for them to sit on his fastball when he's locating the slider like that.

Did he even throw more than 2 or 3 fastballs the whole inning?

EDIT: Cool, that was my 100th post here.

Surely the Royals can't give up 7 runs in the ninth.

Nope. First A.L. team to 70 wins.

Red Sox apparently finally woke up. 37 runs in the last 2 games, including 10 off King Felix in 2 innings today. Too late but good to see that they still remember how to swing the bats.

9 in a row and 15 of 16. The Cubs are rolling

Cubs on a roll. Gotta keep it going!!

15 of 17 - not too shabby.
I'm enjoying it. Getting to that wild card game will be a successful season in my eyes.

I'm enjoying it. Getting to that wild card game will be a successful season in my eyes.
It worked out well for my Royals last year. :thumb:

Red Sox fired their GM tonight, Ben Cherington, and replaced him with Dave Dombrowski. Still crazy to me that Cherington was part of the front office that brought a title here in 2013, and now he's gone along with Larry Lucchino. But this year's team is horrible, just like last year.

Red Sox fired their GM tonight, Ben Cherington, and replaced him with Dave Dombrowski. Still crazy to me that Cherington was part of the front office that brought a title here in 2013, and now he's gone along with Larry Lucchino. But this year's team is horrible, just like last year.

that's a big move. From an outsider, I never thought Cherington was going to be a long term guy to replace Epstein. Dombrowski has a good track record. Wonder if this means the Sox are returning back to the big spenders days.

Zobrist smacks a home run in the top of the ninth to tie it up against the Reds. He's hitting like .350 since coming to KC. Hoping for extra innings.

Dombrowski's not a sabermetrics guy is he? If not, this could signal an organizational shift and maybe even a transition period as they move from one mindset to the next.

Once they announced Lucchino was out, I had a feeling it was only a matter of time before Cherington was out. Long speculated that he was Lucchino's pick after Theo lost the power struggle.

that's a big move. From an outsider, I never thought Cherington was going to be a long term guy to replace Epstein. Dombrowski has a good track record. Wonder if this means the Sox are returning back to the big spenders days.

Dombrowski's not a sabermetrics guy is he? If not, this could signal an organizational shift and maybe even a transition period as they move from one mindset to the next.

No idea whether Dombrowski is old school or into sabermetrics. But in terms of big spending, the Red Sox threw money at Pablo Sandoval and Hanley Ramirez last offseason, and both have been very disappointing this year. Priority #1 this offseason should be signing a top-line starter, and priority #2 should be finding another team for Hanley to clear out some space in the outfield for younger guys that can actually catch the ball in the outfield and still provide some offense.

Once they announced Lucchino was out, I had a feeling it was only a matter of time before Cherington was out. Long speculated that he was Lucchino's pick after Theo lost the power struggle.

Looking at how Epstein has turned around the Cubs, what a stupid decision to keep Lucchino and kick out Epstein.

I'm also seeing rumors that Dombrowski will bring in Frank Wren to be the GM and Dombrowski will head up all of the baseball operations. Frank Wren was horrible in Atlanta, I hope that doesn't happen.

Looking at how Epstein has turned around the Cubs, what a stupid decision to keep Lucchino and kick out Epstein.

I'm also seeing rumors that Dombrowski will bring in Frank Wren to be the GM and Dombrowski will head up all of the baseball operations. Frank Wren was horrible in Atlanta, I hope that doesn't happen.
Lucchino winning that power struggle, set the Red Sox back. Loved the 2013 World Series team, but I felt like that year was lightning in a bottle.

The years around it have been awful and the pitching staff is in shambles right now.

I really hope the Wren rumor is just that - rumor.

I read that Dombrowski will be taking the President of Baseball Operations position vacated by Lucchino and the Frank Wren is the leading GM candidate. What I saw was that Cherington was staying until the end of the season then will be replaced.

No idea whether Dombrowski is old school or into sabermetrics. But in terms of big spending, the Red Sox threw money at Pablo Sandoval and Hanley Ramirez last offseason, and both have been very disappointing this year. Priority #1 this offseason should be signing a top-line starter, and priority #2 should be finding another team for Hanley to clear out some space in the outfield for younger guys that can actually catch the ball in the outfield and still provide some offense.

Most people knew these were mistakes at those prices, that's why SF didn't try to keep Panda. Hanley has been injured and inconsistent for a few years then add in a position switch. It was like putting together a fantasy team. Don't think anyone is going to take Hanley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back