Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been given the OK for a new driver by The All Powerful One, and Callaway Preowned has an Optiforce 10.5 degree driver with a Project X Px 5.5 shaft. would this driver be appropriate for a high handicapper such as myself?

I have been given the OK for a new driver by The All Powerful One, and Callaway Preowned has an Optiforce 10.5 degree driver with a Project X Px 5.5 shaft. would this driver be appropriate for a high handicapper such as myself?
Optiforce was a great driver! Hope you find what works for you

Optiforce was a great driver! Hope you find what works for you
Thanks. Because of my not-quite-optimal skill level, I'm kind of gripping out about spending that kind of dough on an un-swung club.

Quick and boring story: I had been using a Titleist 910D2. Went to a Razr Fit Extreme, and the X2Hot (which I did really do well with), and then back to Titleist and the 913D2. Started losing that and saw a deal on the Optiforce I'm still hitting today. When tweaked the right way, it's a serious gamer. Would I upgrade? Hell yeah, probably to an XR for now. Why? Because I ain't The Donald with that much disposable income. Moral: I think the Opti is great, and super for the money they ask now.

MD3 54˚ W grind. Still hawk-pondering the iE1 irons.

MD3 54˚ W grind. Still hawk-pondering the iE1 irons.

I want the 54-W. Bad.

You'd love the i's. Seriously.

I want the 54-W. Bad.

You'd love the i's. Seriously.

Just posted in the preview thread, but that's exactly why I haven't hit them yet. Selling my i20s was probably the first time I've had seller's remorse. I'm working towards a goal to end the season out with some better scores. I'm using new irons as my reward. These will almost certainly be those irons.

Odyssey Milled collection #5 CS
Md3 Wedges
Callaway GBB

And GRANDURA!!!!

Quick and boring story: I had been using a Titleist 910D2. Went to a Razr Fit Extreme, and the X2Hot (which I did really do well with), and then back to Titleist and the 913D2. Started losing that and saw a deal on the Optiforce I'm still hitting today. When tweaked the right way, it's a serious gamer. Would I upgrade? Hell yeah, probably to an XR for now. Why? Because I ain't The Donald with that much disposable income. Moral: I think the Opti is great, and super for the money they ask now.

Just watch out for those shots off the deck with it...

Its a fine driver. But if forgiveness is your primary concern the Big Bertha might be a better option. These are also available at Callaway Preowned.

Its a fine driver. But if forgiveness is your primary concern the Big Bertha might be a better option. These are also available at Callaway Preowned.

Fwiw, I moved from the Big Bertha to the X2Hot and found a lot more forgiveness with the switch. Less adjustability for sure, but the face was a lot more forgiving. Plus, they're even less expensive and still a great driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not often I have nothing for #WPF. But potentially I could see a PM Grind going into the stable just for fun.

54 W will be acquired at some point but as I haven't preordered yet it is still a ponder

It's not often I have nothing for #WPF. But potentially I could see a PM Grind going into the stable just for fun.

Super easy to hit from just about anywhere, and the sole seems to work well for chipping off of tight lies (for my busted chipping skills). Biggest complaint is that the ball consistently goes way further than I expect it to on pitch shots. Was going to pull it but after practicing chipping with it a lot this week I've decided I need to just go practice pitching with it some more. I honestly think the culprit is I'm making way better contact than I'm used to. Doesn't suck on full shots either. I was hesitant at first since I went with the 60˚, but I have no issue pulling it out at 80-90 yards if I need a high, soft shot in.

54 W will be acquired at some point but as I haven't preordered yet it is still a ponder

Same here. I'd love to get one of those neon green UTx grips for my PM grind...

Really need a solid fairway wood, something around 17 degrees... Lord Byron let me play his Cally Xhot 2 on Wednesday and i liked it. Now to find one in good condition...

Same here. I'd love to get one of those neon green UTx grips for my PM grind...
I'd love to get them on my Apex too. Man they are so awesome looking.

I'm really debating on picking these up this weekend. I've been wearing my same pair of cheaper Nike's I bought when I bought my first started set of clubs like 4 years ago. It's just a little late in the season here is MN so I don't know...

e6969fa44b86c3ac41bd0bf17d172666.jpg

Foooooore!

I'm really debating on picking these up this weekend. I've been wearing my same pair of cheaper Nike's I bought when I bought my first started set of clubs like 4 years ago. It's just a little late in the season here is MN so I don't know...

e6969fa44b86c3ac41bd0bf17d172666.jpg

Foooooore!

I don't think the UA golf shoes have hit retail yet. They did a small release back around the Masters but thats been the extent.

Any thoughts on an older Cleveland Classic XL (285)? There's one with some sky marks locally for $50.

I don't think the UA golf shoes have hit retail yet. They did a small release back around the Masters but thats been the extent.
They have this pair at a local Scheels here. Saw them a couple weeks ago. They had a tag of $189.00 so they are out there..... Just very hard to find and non online.

Foooooore!

They have this pair at a local Scheels here. Saw them a couple weeks ago. They had a tag of $189.00 so they are out there..... Just very hard to find and non online.

Foooooore!

The limited release sold out so there is very few out there to be found. The next release will be a different style and iirc comes out next spring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back