Callaway XR Fairway Woods - THP Review

Have u played with it yet? I haven't hit the deep?

Will be unleashing it next week, actually in Chicago visiting family. I'll give a review then! I heard nothing but positive reviews on XHOT2 Deep, so I'm sure it'll play similarly, they reduced the head size slightly for the 14 to 180ish cc (which I prefer).

Got to demo one of the 3 woods on a GC2 at dicks and I am in love. Now I am not sure on how accurate the LM is as I was getting "230-240" total distance on it with shots off the deck. (my current driver I only shoot between 200-210 off of a tee on a well struck drive) But if those numbers are accurate i don't see why i would play a driver anymore... Now the club felt great, very easy to tell where I hit on the face with out having to look at the impact tape. I want to be able to try one at an outdoor range/ or take one on the course for a round. If it performs even close to how I was hitting it on the LM I will end up buying a 4W and replacing my 3W, 5W setup. This thing was stupid easy to launch for me and majority of my shots were straight or a slight fade. out of 30 or so shots i had 3-4 bad slices ad that was it.Really kind of fell for this thing.

This is great news and reassures me of my purchase of an XR Deep with Kai'li 80X
The new Deep looks pretty good, looks very similar to the standard XR woods without the alignment.

I didn't see/hit the deep during my fitting. The fitter said the Pro was my best option as I have no issues getting the ball air born. I'm really excited to hit that thing and have a few folks trying to find the shaft I want right now. Hope I can grab it before #TheKing!

Anybody did a side by side with these compared to the X3hot Pro?

Anybody did a side by side with these compared to the X3hot Pro?

Not the pro, but I've seen a notable increase in distance (~10 yards) and better reaction to mishits from the XR 4-wood over the X2Hot.

Anyone tell me what weight the xr pro shaft is? The 56g in the standard scares me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone tell me what weight the xr pro shaft is? The 56g in the standard scares me!

Lol I'd say all stock shafts scare me. Don't even bother figuring out how much it weighs bud, with the look of your WITB, you need to look at their custom offerings.

I believe it is 77 grams.

I used my new XR Pro 16* 4 wood twice off the tee today and it did exactly what I wanted. Both were tight par 4's and both tee shots found the left fairway 255 yards out. Both were slightly elevated tees so the normal distance is about 240 -245 yards. Love the low profile but I actually didn't hit it off the fairway today.

Played my xr 17° fairway today and it's a bomber!

I used my new XR Pro 16* 4 wood twice off the tee today and it did exactly what I wanted. Both were tight par 4's and both tee shots found the left fairway 255 yards out. Both were slightly elevated tees so the normal distance is about 240 -245 yards. Love the low profile but I actually didn't hit it off the fairway today.

Any chance you hit it off the deck or out of rough yet? Would love some feedback on how it interacts with the ground. I've only hit the club off mats.

My xr 3 wood is just fine out of the rough.

Went to a Callaway Demo Day yesterday to hit some of their woods and irons. I recently bought a Cobra Fly Z 3-4 wood and while it's solid I wanted to try some other clubs outside. The Fly Z was still under the 30 day playability guarantee so I wanted to get some swings outside, on grass. Well, sent the Fly Z back yesterday and have a XR 4 wood on the way. Ordered it right at the Demo Day. Very versatile and can be used off the deck or tee. Originally, when demoing fairway woods at the store I didn't hit the XR 4 wood (only hit the 3 and didn't think it was versatile enough). Can't wait to get this club out on the course.

Went to a Callaway Demo Day yesterday to hit some of their woods and irons. I recently bought a Cobra Fly Z 3-4 wood and while it's solid I wanted to try some other clubs outside. The Fly Z was still under the 30 day playability guarantee so I wanted to get some swings outside, on grass. Well, sent the Fly Z back yesterday and have a XR 4 wood on the way. Ordered it right at the Demo Day. Very versatile and can be used off the deck or tee. Originally, when demoing fairway woods at the store I didn't hit the XR 4 wood (only hit the 3 and didn't think it was versatile enough). Can't wait to get this club out on the course.
It's a forgiving bomber!

How do people like the stock shafts on this club? I am liking the forgiveness it appears to offer, but not sure it is a good shaft or not...

How do people like the stock shafts on this club? I am liking the forgiveness it appears to offer, but not sure it is a good shaft or not...
Fantastic pairing for the head. While you'll get some "Internet golfer" answers here, the fact is their paired this head with this shaft because it produces the traits that the majority of us benefit from.

Fantastic pairing for the head. While you'll get some "Internet golfer" answers here, the fact is their paired this head with this shaft because it produces the traits that the majority of us benefit from.
I agree. I have the 4w (17° non pro model) with stock shaft and is fantastic. Easy launch and excellent forgiveness. Add to it the insane distance.

I agree. I have the 4w (17° non pro model) with stock shaft and is fantastic. Easy launch and excellent forgiveness. Add to it the insane distance.

I have that same combination and it's been the easiest to hit, most consistent fw I've hit in years. It's longer than my previous 3w, so enabled me to pull the 3 and 5w and add another wedge to the bag.

Any chance you hit it off the deck or out of rough yet? Would love some feedback on how it interacts with the ground. I've only hit the club off mats.

My XR Pro 4 wood with it's small profile is very easy to hit out of rough or off the deck. I haven't played a 4 or 5 wood in the last 15 years but this one has found a permanent place in my bag.

My XR Pro 4 wood with it's small profile is very easy to hit out of rough or off the deck. I haven't played a 4 or 5 wood in the last 15 years but this one has found a permanent place in my bag.
I just got my XR 4w the other night and took it to the course today. Not a single swing on it. No driving range shots or anything. Playing with Just Hacking and DawgDaddy, I popped out a most beautiful shot right off the first tee box. I hit 'track' on my app and we started driving. I couldn't believe when we pulled up around the corner that I was like 80 yards ahead of them both.
That sweet, boring, little baby draw around a small dogleg and down a slight incline finally came to rest at 251.
I almost peed a little.

I hit cpljohnst 3w today with stock 5.5 off the tee and piped it. Felt great and smooth. Definitely easy to hit.

Today I bought the 4 and 7 woods off Callaway Pre-Owned in a bogo special. That's $139 total for both. Project X LZ 50 Blue Fwy Graphite 5.5 (Regular) shafts.

This review played a huge role in my decision, but the bogo sealed the deal.

I tried to get fitted into the gbb fw today, but couldn't make it work for me. the 4w xr with project x lz red 70, however, was very consistent and carried almost as far as my driver. it's going to be a real weapon.

I tried to get fitted into the gbb fw today, but couldn't make it work for me. the 4w xr with project x lz red 70, however, was very consistent and carried almost as far as my driver. it's going to be a real weapon.

Yeah I've got the xr pro 4w and it's a beast.

Back