How much is THP to blame.....

TheDoctor

One of the UK Hackers
Reaction score
Handicap
5.3 (WHS)
....for your club tinkering and buying?

I still consider myself to be relatively new to the forum in some ways, but since being here I have read a lot of information about a lot of different things. A lot of the shaft information still goes way over my head in terms of launch/spin etc but reading about clubs from each OEM has opened my eyes to how important it can be to make sure you get the right equipment for your game

Had it not been for THP I most likely would not have ended up with the Srixon irons in my bag and I am now looking at a driver fitting after hitting a few different ones and being able to feel the difference between them

So how many people would have been happy/ignorant of club options had they not found THP?

THP actually slowed down my club purchasing. I actually found reviews and commentary to make more informed decisions.

A lot...all of it. Before THP... I never thought about changing everything really....even though I liked to hit clubs on the range or in the simulator. After THP, I'm always thinking about what could be changed to make me better. I even did a Club Champion fitting and have turned over pretty much everything in my bag, including the bag itself, in the past year. All the information and pictures are fun to look at. THP has made me somewhat poorer in the pocketbook, but very rich in new friends and golf game performance. Happy 2 years to me and THP :)

It has alot to do with it, but i dont think in a bad way at all. THP has opened my eyes to brands i never would've tried through the thorough reviews provided by staff. Also, the topic threads, where you get lots of people's experiences really help. Lastly, i think the discussions really talk about trying to get what plays right for you. Many times that is not the stock shaft offering or whatever... So, alot of tinkering, but i think for the best.

lol yeah so far this year THP only costed me

1. Callaway BIG BERTHA 815
2. Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5
3. Callaway XR hybrids

And they were all worth every penny!

THP actually slowed down my club purchasing. I actually found reviews and commentary to make more informed decisions.
I found the same thing, less trial and error and more educated guesses or true test and see style!

I do think I've acquired more to tinker with, by my knowledge of why I'm making decisions is way past where I was!

THP has broadened my scope of what equipment to look at for sure. I change about the same, just do it quicker than I would bc if the great information I get here.

I guess I never considered it that way but my original post was from my perspective and how little exposure I had had to different brands

I should probably add that the reviews I have read here on THP have been the most informative yet unbiased I have read due to the nature in which they are written by the staff but also because they are written by the members providing a wide range of information from players with very different abilities

I may demo a lot of clubs. Try different stuff, just to see how correct THP's staff writers are (100% of the time). But I rarely change out driver through wedges. Putter, that gets changed frequently.

Definitely has influenced / increased my club buying / tinkering - also has led me to try out more brands...

Being where I am in the UK sometimes feels like I am a bit restricted in what brands I have the chance to look at - for example, I have never seen any Bridgestone clubs and it was only this year that I found the option of Srixon nearby

100%! Before THP i would have never even tried building my own clubs or doing anything to them. Or buying new clubs on a whim. But dont get me wrong it is not a bad thing, I love tinkering now, but before THP never would have even thought about it.

I was a tinkerer before when it came to woods, driver, hybrids. THP has helped and hurt the tinkering. I am able to make better decisions on what to tinker with as a result of the information shared on here.

I buy much less now. But what I do buy is because I have read post after post on THP about them.

I used to buy every driver that was in the garbage/bargain bin here. A lot of them.

no it has help i can see what others feel about a club i might be on the fence about

THP is the cause of all my clubs except my wedges. It's just so hard to not try a new club when so many people are having positive experiences with it.

I've been exposed to so much more information about equipment since joining THP that I do tinker a whole lot more than I did before. Even though I do tinker more the pieces I do buy fit my game pretty well because of the great staff and member reviews I have access to here.

It has alot to do with it, but i dont think in a bad way at all. THP has opened my eyes to brands i never would've tried through the thorough reviews provided by staff. Also, the topic threads, where you get lots of people's experiences really help. Lastly, i think the discussions really talk about trying to get what plays right for you. Many times that is not the stock shaft offering or whatever... So, alot of tinkering, but i think for the best.

Pretty much this. Although my "tinkering" has slowed down, at least for now. I have gone through 6 or 7 putters in the last year but have since sold most off and am committed to the one I'm gaming now. I came to THP in search of a getting a spark to play more and gather more info. It's been a huge success in that aspect.

THP killed my club buying.

3 Morgan Cups and a #Grandaddy really do make the need to purchase equipment an afterthought.

And yes....I realize just how lucky I am and I'm extremely grateful for it.

THP increased it. My wife decreased it.

I used to tinker much more with shiny new things but lately not so much. I still like to read the reviews and watch other people play the new stuff.

Oh god, where to start? I'd like to thank Orange Hog for teaching me the ways of the club ho, jhoeffer99 for teaching me the ways of the clothes ho, and niteowl03 for teaching me to build clubs so I can afford more clothes.

I should also thank my girlfriend for putting up with the fact that I've got FOUR golf bags in my house, two full sets of clubs, and 3rd set about to be built.

Not at all...I have better information which has caused the average time in bag to increase not decrease. Or maybe that is due to having kids about the same time I found THP, but I'll give the credit to the great reviews and threads instead.

THP made me realize how inferior my old clubs were. I probably would still be playing them if it weren't for this place. Plus, the sheer amount of info available appeases even my overly obsessive need to research my purchases.

So thanks THP for allowing me to spend a crap load of money with little to no buyers remorse!

Back