Contest - Callaway Great Big Bertha

A huge thank you to Callaway Golf and to THP for this opportunity.

Driver Loft - 13.5°

Shaft Choice - Matrix Ozik White Tie Regular Flex

Why you want to win the Callaway GBB - I still love my 2014 GBB and had not even thought of a new driver until this one came out, thinner & hotter face, more adjustablility from the sliding weight and so many great shaft options. I know it will help my game in a good way, leaving no yard behind.

Driver Loft - 9*
Shaft Choice - Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue X Flex
Why you want to win the Callaway GBB - I want to use the movable weight and extra forgiveness to find more fairways!

Thanks to Callaway and THP of course! :)

Driver Loft: 9*
Shaft Choice: Speeder 665 (Stiff flex)
Why you want to win the Callaway GBB: This driver just flat out performed better for me than my current gamer when I was able to test it out. The added adjustability from the APW really helped to produce the shot shape I desire (draw) and I felt I got better forgiveness across the face for my regular mis-hits.

Thank you THP and Callaway!

Wow. Really frickin cool contest!

Loft: 10.5*
Shaft: Project X LZ 50 Blue 6.0 (though lets be honest, I'd put one of my handcrafted one offs in it, probably the raw one :D)

I have heard TONS of great things about this driver and I want to experience it for myself! Plus JB told me at #TheHandCraftedExperience that I needed to get a "good driver" so I guess this fits the bill :alien:

Last edited:
Driver Loft: 9.0
Shaft Choice: Diamana D+ White 70 Stiff
Why you want to win the Callaway GBB:
After reading the wise words of Jason Finley, JB, Jman and Emart, I decided I needed to go the smart route with more forgiveness. If I truly want to leave no yard behind, then I need to make sure I get all the yards I can get even on the mishits.

Loft 10.5 w/ Matrix Ozik Red Tie Stiff

All I hit is Callaway Drivers!! When the announcement hit for it's release, I had to do everything in my power to not hit buy now. Putting this club in my bag, hitting my Chrome Soft gives me visions of heaven. What else can I say but I WANT THIS!!!

Awesome contest and awesome product!

Loft: 9*
Shaft: Project X LZ 6.0 Red

I'd love to game this driver as a Callaway homer. Loved my original #GBB way back in 1996! Looking forward to trying the latest and greatest!

Driver loft: 10.5
Shaft: Project X LZ blue stiff flex

I have recently purchased the XR and I love it. I would like to win the GBB because I think the adjustability would really help dial in my driver game.

Driver Loft : 10.5
Shaft Choice: True Temper Project X LZ Blue - Stiff
Why you want to win the Callaway GBB - I love my Callaway XR Driver and I think the Slider on this Driver will just add more to what the XR Driver is doing for me.

Thanks Callaway and THP!

Driver Loft - 10.5 Degree

Shaft Choice - True Temper Project X LZ Red

What I would want to win a Callaway GBB - I have never owned a Callaway golf club (but I thought I did)

My first go around with golf, when I was about 10, I owned a Grand Big "Brother" Driver and my friend owned a Big Bertha Driver. I insisted that mine was cooler because it was the guy version...he laughed. His shots always out produced mine and I went on believing that mine was still better, based on my stupid assumption. Don't let me be that guy again! I'm still jealous and bitter over it.

In the style of the DirecTv commercials...

Scratch Golfer: "Hi I'm itsOpeningDay and I have a Callaway Great Big Bertha Driver"
55 Handicap: "and I'm mulligan itsOpeningday and I have a knockoff Grand Big Brother Driver."

Scratch Golfer: "With the Callaway Great Big Bertha Driver I get the new RMoto designed for more ball speed out of every location on the face of the club."
55 Handicap: "With the Grand Big Brother Driver, I can't get any more ball speed, anywhere on the club."

Scratch Golfer: "With the Callaway Great Big Bertha Driver I get great control over my trajectory with new improved sliding weights."
55 Handicap: " With the Grand Big Brother, my club is overweight and it's my fault."

Scratch Golfer: "With the Callaway Great Big Bertha Driver I can choose 19 different shaft upgrades at no extra cost."
55 Handicap: " With the Big Brother, I get the basics."

Scratch Golfer: "Don't be like this me, get the Callaway Great Big Bertha Driver."

Just another great contest offered up by THP and Callaway!

My GBB would consist of a 9.5* loft, dressed up in a splendid Matrix Ozik Red Tie shaft. The reason why I need the GBB in the bag is because today's game requires distance and accuracy off the tee. With the new R-MOTO face I can gain higher ball speeds on those well struck tee shots, as well as those off center strikes. To help with that errant right miss the heavier 10g sliding weight will provide better dispersion control while providing the forgiveness one searches for in a driver. With the new GBB I won't be leaving any yards behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW, what an opportunity.

I'd have to go with a 10.5* head with the Mitsubishi Bassara shaft since my swing speed is now in the 80 mph range.

I have not had a new driver for 5 years (or more) and I have to believe that there are yards to be gained with an upgrade.

Awesome opportunity right here! Thank you.

9° head with Aldila I/O Rogue 60 Stiff tipped 1/2".

After hitting this the first time and honestly not feeling it. Crow is better served hot and James would be serving it. Delicious!

Sound, feel, confidence...yep this one has it all!

Good luck everyone.

Driver Loft - 9*
Shaft Choice - Project X LZ Blue 6.5

Why do I want it? Because I want a club less on my approach shot, I want to be able to take a full swing and know that I have the forgiveness if I don't hit it on the screws, and because I want a driver that is fit perfectly for me. Lower scores come from confidence and I think that everything this club offers instills it.

Thanks to THP and Callaway for giving one away. I know that whoever wins it will love it. In the meantime I will be saving up so that I can get one.

What the heck I will throw my name in.

10.5 *
Project X LZ Red Stiff of course

I would love to win this driver because it simply looks amazing and from what ddec told me about his fitting I have to give this thing a twirl. Thank you THP for the contest

I would love to win a callaway GBB driver with a fugi speeder 665 shaft in it so I can bomb it down the fairway like dhartmann and rambler always 40 yards behind them thanks for a chance THP and callaway

Yet another fantastic contest from Callaway and THP!

Driver Loft: 10.5*
Shaft Choice: Aldila Rouge 60 S
Why I want to win this GBB? Why wouldn't I? It has the latest R-MOTO face technology for higher ball speed retention across the face which can only help me on all shots, the simple adjustability of the Optifit hosel I am already familiar with, and perimeter sliding weight to set up the club for your preferred ball flight. I could certainly benefit from the leaps made in technology since my Razr Fit was introduced three years ago.

Thanks again for a great contest!

Driver Loft: 9 Degrees
Shaft: Aldila Tour Green Stiff
Why I want to Win the New GBB: I want to win the new GBB for a few reasons. First, I picked the wrong shaft when I got my BB 815. I think the Tour Green would suit me better, I need a low spin shaft. Second, I love the new tech and any added bit of forgiveness and especially distance is going to help my game. Lastly, I'm getting married on Saturday and I doubt I'm going to be able to buy new golf equipment at the rate I'm going now. This would make a great wedding present for me!

Thanks THP & Callaway.

Driver Loft - 10.5*
Shaft Choice - Aldila Tour Green in stiff
Why you want to win the Callaway GBB - The last Callaway Driver I had in the bag was the Big Bertha, and after hitting a demo at local golfsmith, the Great Big Bertha might be making its way back into the bag at some point.

Thanks THP and Callaway.

Sweet contest! I'd go with a 10.5 driver loft with an Aldila Rogue 60 in regular flex. I want to win the Callaway GBB because I want to be further and straighter off the tee. Based on what I know about the GBB, it's going to help me do just that and at least I can look cool off the tee even if the rest of my game doesn't.

Contest - Callaway Great Big Bertha

9 degrees with an S flex Matrix Red Tie baby! Adjustability and the promise of higher ball speed is what draws me to this driver. My smash factor is a little weak so a few more MPH ball speed could get me right where I need to be. Add in extra forgiveness and why wouldn't I want this driver?

Big thanks to Callaway and THP!

Driver Loft - 10.5
Shaft Choice - Aldila I/O Rogue 60
Why you want to win the Callaway GBB - I NEED to win this because my brother and both brother in-laws are longer than me off the tee. I need a new weapon to help me put my drives further down the fairway than them. Thanks for the chance!

Driver Loft - 10.5
Shaft Choice - Fujikura Speeder 565
Why you want to win the Callaway GBB - I just got engaged, i can't buy clubs right now. i gotta win a new bag one club at a time. in all seriousness, i consider myself a precision player and not a bomber. anything that can help my 200-225 yard drive would be appreciated.

10.5 degree loft
Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 shaft
Having a driver I know leaves no yards behind would help bring some joy back into the game for me.

Ahhhhh...The new Callaway GBB with a 10.5 degree loft, would fit nicely in my bag. I'm thinking the True Temper Project XLZ Blue shaft and then I will have to decide to remove my Taylor Made R7 Super Quad or my old stand by, Callaway Great Big Bertha with the Memphis 10 shaft (Circa 1998?). Tough choices... I hope I get to make a choice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back