Adams hybrids and the ugly girl

Wilson Staffer

Reaction score
Handicap
So I thought of an analogy regarding Adams hybrids. Does anyone remember "that girl" back in high school that had a smoking hot body yet the kind of face only a mother could love?? That's what I think of when I look at an Adams hybrid. The Adams hybrids are very fugly yet when you "hit it" it feels oh soo good. Adams Puglielli wedges are sort of he same but they obviously don't have the following of their hybrid lines. Do you guys have a club that is ugly but performs great and in your honest opinions where would you rank Adams hybrids?

Last edited by a moderator:
i think we get your point without the explicit sex act description. remember this isn't just a forum for guys, and i wouldn't want anyone to feel excluded.

i have no problem with the design of adams hybrids. some might have been a little dodgy, but the same can be said for all manufacturers.

I don't even know where to go with this. I am going to try though.

Aesthetics are very important to me. I admit that clubs have to both play good and look good in my bag.

I cleaned up that OP to remove some offensive phrasing.

I don't think they look bad. At address they look like hybrids. Also the description could have been done a little more tastefully

I cleaned up that OP to remove some offensive phrasing.

Would you say you purified it?

#ihadtosayit #imnotsorry

Would you say you purified it?

#ihadtosayit #imnotsorry
It is my name I didn't think to use a nick name but I should change it. Sorry bout the sex act maybe I didn't need to go there lol.

Taylormade ruined Adams imo and stole some patents. Thinking about purchasing a blue FW tho.

Taylormade ruined Adams imo and stole some patents. Thinking about purchasing a blue FW tho.

they certainly did not help Adams. No question that pickup was for the patents.

I think my pro mini is one of the best looking hybrids I've ever seen.

It works amazing as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stole patents? They bought Adams, so they own the patents.

Either way Adams hybrids look the same to me as any others.

I think my pro mini is one of the best looking hybrids I've ever seen.

It works amazing as well.

You know I never thought of that one it is kind of sleek come to think of it.

You know I never thought of that one it is kind of sleek come to think of it.

The SGI ones are brutal but the peanut, pro mini, and original pro black are all great looking IMO

they certainly did not help Adams.

True, one could argue that Chip Brewer leaving Adams and going to Callaway, and Michael Vrska leaving Adams and going to Wilson did more damage than anything.

True, one could argue that Chip Brewer leaving Adams and going to Callaway, and Michael Vrska leaving Adams and going to Wilson did more damage than anything.

Can't argue there. Let's just say TM buying them was the final nail in the coffin. #BoxBrand

Can't argue there. Let's just say TM buying them was the final nail in the coffin. #BoxBrand

I wrote an article on it a while back (Adams in 5 years?), that I should shift this conversation there, but I will never forget the 1st time I heard boxed set...At a high price. I literally left where i was and thought "Is this a bad joke"?

I own two types of Adams hybrids (V4 and 2014 New Idea) and I think they both look great.

Last edited:
I recently bought a new Idea 4 hybrid and love it. I think it looks pretty good, but that may be because it performs very well for me.

I wrote an article on it a while back (Adams in 5 years?), that I should shift this conversation there, but I will never forget the 1st time I heard boxed set...At a high price. I literally left where i was and thought "Is this a bad joke"?
Yeah it seems when Tmag took them over they started downsizing and consolidating irons and hybrids like the A12OS and configuring box sets which obviously dropped the value. Then I read another THP thread that they stopped utilizing premium Pro Launch shafts in that line which would turn people away.

I don't find Adams clubs ugly. They're just not as flashy or smooth as the rest.

I have a Tight Lies FW in my other set, and it's the oldest club in the bag. Unfortunately, I don't think any distributor in my country is carrying their newer models, so probably no chance for me to check out the new Tight Lies.

I'm not a fan of the looks of the A12OS series, and a few others, but plenty of people have had great success hitting them. Can't go wrong with that.

I do have a Tight Lies 4w in my bag now, it's not the longest club but it's almost automatic when I pull it. Straight and easy to hit.

All i can think of right now is "butter face."

~Rock

Well, I don't think you can paint them all with one brush. I didn't think anything would replace my series of Nickent hybrids but loved the look of the Adams idea pro A12 and can't believe how well they perform with the aldila vs proto shaft. Best hybrid on the market IMHO! Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder.

Any way back to the subject, I would have to say Cleveland 588 Altitude irons, ugly as sin but just an awesome iron.

My super hybrid has this high boxed toe,but I just cannot miss with it. Since owning it,my most consistent club off the tee which I use for short par 4's and it's money from the fairways. It may not be the most handsome club but it works

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Back