Which Tour Player inspried you to play Golf?

I never played golf growing up, my summers were spent playing baseball from age 7 through college. I didn't pick up the game until 2008, but my first golf memory is the 2000 US Open when I was 11. My dad wasn't very into golf, but I remember watching Tiger lap the field & my dad saying it was one of the most impressive performances he had seen in his lifetime.

For me it was Jack - my earliest memories were of watching Jack play with the greatest memory being that Sunday afternoon in 1986.

None. It was my grandfather.

Family here. Great grandpa was a head pro forever. Uncle was an all state player and my dad has played his whole life.

Definitely Tiger woods in 99-2000 - he made it look so much fun!

Tiger.

Daly and couples and Norman for me.

@bigtazzGOLF
Sent from Big Orange country
using Tapatalk #GoVols

My father...and grandfather...and little bit my uncle.

Tiger is what drew me in but I was a Payne Stewart and Freddie Couples fan

I was already playing and trying to figure it out on my own, but Seve pushed me over the edge.

Tiger Tiger woods yall

My Dad and little brother brought me to golf. But I did choose to try and model my game on Luke Donald's game. So they brought the initial inspiration and LD gave it a focus that it didn't have before regarding how I wanted to play. Or the style I guess is the better way to put it.

My dad was my inspiration, Jack was the guy I wanted to be, and Couples was my professional swing model I tried to copy.

Jack Nicklaus for me ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiger was absolutely a huge reason I wanted to play. My dad got me started but coming home as a kid in elementary and watching Tiger dominate on tv was freaking awesome.

Tiger for me as I teen in the 90"s how could you not like the guy he was unstoppable. I almost and still so like Sergio and Phil...I know jokes. They are solid guys I don't care what people think

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Jack's "Golf my Way" was my favorite book growing up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None.

Began playing with my father before Tiger was even playing.

None. My Dad introduced me to the game and encouraged my desire to play.

No one. I was inspired to play golf for more personal reasons, mostly related to filling an athletic and competitive void created when baseball came to an end for me.

Tiger was definitely the person I wanted to watch, but having my Dad pick up the game around that time (2000-2001) was what really got me into it. I was coming off my second ACL reconstruction surgery and knew I would have to find another sport to be competitive at. It also helped that many of my core group of friends picked up the game as well.

Tiger for me. I went through pre teen and teen years just amazed by him and really made golf fun

It was very inspiring to watch Tiger back in the day and the way he just dominated the competition.

Back