2015 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently your bodies ability to burn calories is disrupted by the presence of alcohol in the system, or so our naturopath says.

Dinner at Outback tonight and everything added up to 17 points. Still have 6 points left.

Apparently your bodies ability to burn calories is disrupted by the presence of alcohol in the system, or so our naturopath says.
The main problem is your body converts alcohol to sugar.

I agree. Sweets need to be my next item to tackle. Same with fast food or dining out in general.

You can still dine out and make healthy choices. Veggies instead of fries etc.... Fast food is tough though because it's mostly processed and low quality ingredients in general. That's how they sell a double cheeseburger for less than you can make it yourself.

Dinner at Outback tonight and everything added up to 17 points. Still have 6 points left.

Not too shabby. One of the reasons that this is appealing to me quite a bit, is tackling staying at home more than not too. We used to go out 3-4 nights a week and it was getting out of control. We both enjoy cooking, have great tools to do so and I am loving it. However with my travel schedule that plays a major role in it.

Glad to hear your 1st full day doing so well.

This is not helping me keep my diet. Staying strong so far.

da33467f1c8ffbc26b6ca61e9ed7dc01.jpg

16184c6d3ac0e05a92d027d81c7eb051.jpg

Not too shabby. One of the reasons that this is appealing to me quite a bit, is tackling staying at home more than not too. We used to go out 3-4 nights a week and it was getting out of control. We both enjoy cooking, have great tools to do so and I am loving it. However with my travel schedule that plays a major role in it.

Glad to hear your 1st full day doing so well.

I just had to make minor adjustment. No more loaded baked potato, asparagus instead. Only 1 serving of bread.

Where do you find these points you guys talk about?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm on Tapatalk so can't search, but I know that JB mentioned an app he liked a few pages back.

Morgan and I are doing Weight Watchers Plus system, but not the program.
I am using an app called ProTracker Plus Weight Watchers. It was $4 in iTunes and works really really well.

Must give up beer. Must stick to diet. Must turn lead into gold.
I have better luck with the gold.
Also, a singular beer at the end of the day fits quite well into whatever diet you're doing.

Well, I know I shouldn't weight myself everyday but I couldn't resist after a good first day.

Down 2.9 pounds from yesterday.

Weigh in today and I am down 6.5 lbs. I also went from 41 points per day to 39, which still wont be an issue.
Feeling good, eating pretty much the same stuff, with some tweaks and enjoying where this is headed.

Not bad so far, water is my friend

Well, I know I shouldn't weight myself everyday but I couldn't resist after a good first day.

Be careful with weighing yourself every day. Your weight can fluctuate 5 to 10 lbs easily due to water retention etc.... Once a week isn't too bad but everyday is a setup for disappointment. Congrats on the 3 pounds though!

I weigh myself every single morning and chart it every 7 days on the app. Most of the time in the beginning, huge flux takes place because of water weight, but thats okay. Stick with it and you are going to be burning it off every single week.

206.4 this morning, makes me smile. Making a change and being cognizant on what it going in works.

Bowl of bow ties and red sauce tonight.
I even measured out the dry pasta and sauce. Two portions of pasta and one of sauce with a tablesoon of parmesan was 13 points or so. Not terrible and still way under my day in points.

Bowl of bow ties and red sauce tonight.
I even measured out the dry pasta and sauce. Two portions of pasta and one of sauce with a tablesoon of parmesan was 13 points or so. Not terrible and still way under my day in points.

I had a full size bagel and cream cheese for breakfast. Shepherds pie for lunch and I still have 27 points left after a fiber one cookie and a string cheese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back