MI/OH and Anyone Else 2015 Gathering - August 29th

Huge thanks to 441 and tpluff. Both you guys did more than just show up and golf and have fun and it doesn't go unnoticed fellas. Awesome time again with this crew and it was nice to add some new faces to the mix

Just landed in boston, thanks for the great times everyone!

Just landed in boston, thanks for the great times everyone!

It was awesome meeting you dude and I'm glad you made it home safe

So a huge thanks to Tpluff and 441 for setting up the good times, CJ for the restaurant Saturday night. Thanks to JB for the competition and gifts on Saturday.

Friday started off with a stop by OSP on my way up for the Friday round(no ticket). Fun, nice course with some questionable hole designs that started off me and CJ's aggregate competition. Followed by a good time at dinner even though we Wales a mile to the BW's. Then of to the hotel settled in our room with a visit from Byron and mike.

Saturday up early, mcd's for breakfast, gas station for drinks and then to the course, had a great time during the morning round even with poor play. Quick turn around for back 18(9mins) we were scooting around at almost JB speed (1:40) then hit a wall for 5 holes before I solved that problem and we had a clear course in. Some shenanigans were had with the pin that got a few players, then there was me marking CJ's ball on the green and tossing it into a bunker way back off the green.

Great dinner Saturday night followed by cold stone for ice cream. Man was I miserable when we got back to the hotel.

This morning we was off to the lakes of Taylor for one final round. Hold course designs are full of deception to the eye and you just got to believe there is plenty of room off the tee, and have a sharp iron game or wedges to score. Had a blast and played the best I have in months.

Thank you to olde friends and new for making the time to come out and have some fun THP style!

I did get the best of CJ in our game by one and as always it was great plus I think it was the first time I beat you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to all for the great event! Made some new friends and played a few good holes on a very good golf course (except #11 not a fan). I had a great time playing golf and watching air show.

Just got home and had to come and do a quick recap...

First, let me just say that I was totally floored by Tyler and CJ with how much they did to make me and others feel at home during our travels. Tyler picked us up from the airport and greeted us in the "Ron Burgundy" F150 and then CJ carrying us from the first course to the resort and making sure we had a ride everywhere we needed this weekend. So awesome of both you guys, thank you!

The first course we played was a nice treat and I got to play with some pretty awesome THPers Robozeo, jspangs and Xhail. These guys had me laughing the whole way. A few of the holes were too gimmicky for my liking as we were having to hit irons off the tee on par 5s multiple times but other than that the place was pretty amazing with a lot of beautiful holes. I was taken back by how the fairways are up there and seeing those pro style divots flying by everyone was not something I was used to seeing here in Tennessee.

The 2nd day was a early morning as myself, CJ, Rancey and Jason headed to McDonalds for breakfast then we headed off to the course. During the morning session I got to play with Tpluff, golfinff and certifiable. Great group of guys and having Tyler in the group was a great since he is an awesome dude but also knew the course too. So many great shots in our group and I was so thrilled with how well I hit my wedges and irons. I struggled with hooking the ball with the driver all day but the solid iron play saved by butt a lot. My big take away was how nicely manicured this place was. The greens rolled fast and true, the pins were silly at times but this place was simply amazing. Thank you for such an awesome round of golf and I still cannot wrap my head around winning the stabbleford morning contest.

The afternoon round was a quick turn around and I got to play with jspangs, Brock and Nick. 3 more awesome THPers and I am excited to see how Nick does in a couple of weeks at the Gauntlet. Good luck buddy. To say our bodies were tired and sore at this point is an understatement but everyone powered through and there were more great shots from this group of guys as well.

Saturday night was a lot of fun at the BBQ place, great food and the Faygo was awesome! Cold Stone may have been a tactical error right after BBQ and I believe the couple that Dean crop dusted would agree LOL!

This morning was another great venue with some scenic holes. Enjoyed playing with Bullfrog, Gunner and musicmaster. Never a dull moment in this group for sure.

Alex, I enjoyed meeting another Ducks fan and chatting with you around the course and at the airport!

Rancey, enjoyed it as always! We have got to hook up and play sometime. Enjoyed your company all weekend.

Jason, enjoyed rooming with you all weekend too. I love your sick day koozie!

I know I have missed some folks in here but to everyone I got to meet this weekend it was a pleasure and hope to see you all again soon!

Special thanks to Mike Dean and Tyler for all their hard work. This was an amazing trip and venue, you guys sure know how to make people feel at home!

Just got home and had to come and do a quick recap...

First, let me just say that I was totally floored by Tyler and CJ with how much they did to make me and others feel at home during our travels. Tyler picked us up from the airport and greeted us in the "Ron Burgundy" F150 and then CJ carrying us from the first course to the resort and making sure we had a ride everywhere we needed this weekend. So awesome of both you guys, thank you!

The first course we played was a nice treat and I got to play with some pretty awesome THPers Robozeo, jspangs and Xhail. These guys had me laughing the whole way. A few of the holes were too gimmicky for my liking as we were having to hit irons off the tee on par 5s multiple times but other than that the place was pretty amazing with a lot of beautiful holes. I was taken back by how the fairways are up there and seeing those pro style divots flying by everyone was not something I was used to seeing here in Tennessee.

The 2nd day was a early morning as myself, CJ, Rancey and Jason headed to McDonalds for breakfast then we headed off to the course. During the morning session I got to play with Tpluff, golfinff and certifiable. Great group of guys and having Tyler in the group was a great since he is an awesome dude but also knew the course too. So many great shots in our group and I was so thrilled with how well I hit my wedges and irons. I struggled with hooking the ball with the driver all day but the solid iron play saved by butt a lot. My big take away was how nicely manicured this place was. The greens rolled fast and true, the pins were silly at times but this place was simply amazing. Thank you for such an awesome round of golf and I still cannot wrap my head around winning the stabbleford morning contest.

The afternoon round was a quick turn around and I got to play with jspangs, Brock and Nick. 3 more awesome THPers and I am excited to see how Nick does in a couple of weeks at the Gauntlet. Good luck buddy. To say our bodies were tired and sore at this point is an understatement but everyone powered through and there were more great shots from this group of guys as well.

Saturday night was a lot of fun at the BBQ place, great food and the Faygo was awesome! Cold Stone may have been a tactical error right after BBQ and I believe the couple that Dean crop dusted would agree LOL!

This morning was another great venue with some scenic holes. Enjoyed playing with Bullfrog, Gunner and musicmaster. Never a dull moment in this group for sure.

Alex, I enjoyed meeting another Ducks fan and chatting with you around the course and at the airport!

Rancey, enjoyed it as always! We have got to hook up and play sometime. Enjoyed your company all weekend.

Jason, enjoyed rooming with you all weekend too. I love your sick day koozie!

I know I have missed some folks in here but to everyone I got to meet this weekend it was a pleasure and hope to see you all again soon!

Special thanks to Mike Dean and Tyler for all their hard work. This was an amazing trip and venue, you guys sure know how to make people feel at home!
Great meeting and playing with you to brother! Had an awesome time.

MI/OH and Anyone Else 2015 Gathering - August 29th

This was a great weekend. My scores were pretty good with a 85,86,85. With out a couple hiccups here or there they could have been great.

I played with xhail, robozero, and e1iterate on Friday and it was super fun even though I was routinely 20 yards behind everyone.

I had fun at BWW, OITW and everyone else was a blast at trivia. And thanks to Michigan Slice for coming on strong with the final answer of Baffin Island.

Saturday morning we were running a touch late, then the course servers went down, which really sucked, but i had plenty of warm up time. I played with Stribs, Manlai, and xhail. Stribs was great to have in the group because I felt having someone playing great elevated my game. Manlai was fun even though I beg to differ on the EMU girls.

Then for the afternoon round i got paired up with Nick, E1literate, and Brock. And once again I was routinely 20 yards behind. I know Nick will do very well at Cog Hill next month. Mike(E1iterate) was also playing good golf even if fatigue was setting in. And for Brock I did get to see a net Albatross when he stuck his approach inside a foot on the par 5.

So thanks again to Mike and Tyler for putting in the leg work, these events always make me want more THP.

Home sweet home! What a great weekend, more to come, but I'm exhausted.

Good night Michigan!

Huge shout out to Tpluff and Mr441 for organizing a fantastic weekend!

I had some good shots and bad but the company was first rate. Got to see some old friends and make some new ones. I had the good fortune to witness some smooth and oh so long shots in both my morning and afternoon rounds.

E1iterate with par saving chip in on the par 3 after having gone into the hazard with the tee ball was fantastic! Brother you have got one amazing swing. Now that's not to say that no one else wasn't just as long or accurate. I would take Tyler and Jason's swing any day. Watching these guys hit hybrids off the tee while I was still swinging driver and still getting to hit first was a little disheartening but I still had a blast with you guys.

The afternoon round was more of the same with Sparks, LordB and CJ booming the ball off the tee. Well maybe not so much C.J. (I kid I kid) but once you changed to the yellow ball you were pretty much golden brother.

Periscope is the worlds new greatest invention and I have to say that the camera loves C.J.

Gents it was a blast getting to play some golf with you all

This was a great weekend. My scores were pretty good with a 85,86,85. With out a couple hiccups here or there they could have been great.

I played with xhail, robozero, and e1iterate on Friday and it was super fun even though I was routinely 20 yards behind everyone.

I had fun at BWW, OITW and everyone else was a blast at trivia. And thanks to Michigan Slice for coming on strong with the final answer of Baffin Island.

Saturday morning we were running a touch late, then the course servers went down, which really sucked, but i had plenty of warm up time. I played with Stribs, Manlai, and xhail. Stribs was great to have in the group because I felt having someone playing great elevated my game. Manlai was fun even though I beg to differ on the EMU girls.

Then for the afternoon round i got paired up with Nick, E1literate, and Brock. And once again I was routinely 20 yards behind. I know Nick will do very well at Cog Hill next month. Mike(E1iterate) was also playing good golf even if fatigue was setting in. And for Brock I did get to see a net Albatross when he stuck his approach inside a foot on the par 5.

So thanks again to Mike and Tyler for putting in the leg work, these events always make me want more THP.

Glad you were able to make this one work Jordan. You gotta get in an event soon!

Firstly, I'd like to thank mikedean and tpluff for putting this shindig together. It's been a while since I've been able to hang out and play with a bunch of thp'ers so thank you again. Also, I'd like to give a special shout out to Byron for doing the driving, being a great road trip partner, and setting up our accommodations (and for humoring me on side trips). Got to spend a little time in Ann Arbor again and it was awesome even though it made me feel old as dirt.

Saturday AM round was a lot of fun. xhail and jspangs were funny and entertaining and stribs was a great cart mate and playing partner, keeping his game tidy while watching me spray it all over the park. I was the beneficiary of some great local knowledge and got to feel all beastly on 11 when I hit driver and got it all the way to the bottom fairway with a clear look at the pin. I felt like we got on like regular playing buddies and it really felt like everyone was comfortable. It was a really cool and relaxing round that way.

In the PM round, I got to play with Gunner, tpluff, and the famous mikedean. I was out of gas fairly early into the round and I was a little worried that I was coming off too quiet or anti-social, but the guys were great about keeping me going. Then again, being in the same group as mikedean pretty much makes anyone extremely boring by comparison. He had so many great lines that Gunner and I were laughing pretty much the whole round. Thanks for the laughs and fun guys.

I couldn't stay the entire weekend so unfortunately I didn't get to talk to everyone. I did get to catch up a bit with jdtox. See you at Disney! It was lots of fun and I hope it isn't too long before I see you guys again.

Glad you were able to make this one work Jordan. You gotta get in an event soon!

I'd love to make an event asap, they just never seem to align with my travel schedule. Hopefully next year.

"Someone has a case of the Mondays"

THP hangovers are very real...

What do you guys think....a little Toledo are gathering late Oct?

What do you guys think....a little Toledo are gathering late Oct?

That would be fun... A little snow golf!

You would

Lol, I live in Michigan bud if I want an extended golf season I have to brave the elements. Besides the firm ground helps me get a few more yards. Lol

Got in late yesterday, left car lights on and had a dead battery this morning. Kids late to school and I was late to work. I am sleepwalking thru a very busy day but still had a great time. No time for a large recap or anything but I think it is worth mentioning again how thankful I am for 441 and Tyler getting everything together and for THP donating some prizes for the weekend. Also, HUGE thank you to Tyler and CJ for the transportation this weekend. It means more than you know.

That would be fun... A little snow golf!

No snow in Oct. Just pretty golf courses with leaves changing colors and falling to the ground. It does make it harder to find the golf ball if you miss the fairway tho.

I had a blast this weekend! I didn't play my best golf to start out. But I started coming along nicely. If I would have had a flat putt then I would have definitely scored better. I think I had like 6- 3 putts on Sunday. LOL THPERs are fun to golf with. Some solid play by them as well. Can't wait to tee it up with you guys again.

Back