What did you Change/Learn/Try Today?

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
So I have been struggling with some distance loss as well as a weak push with my shots lately. It's been driving me nuts. Last round I fiddled with my right hand a bit with wrapping my thumb and forefinger around the shaft to touch where I used to kind of rest them individually on the shaft. I feel like I am driving the head better through impact and sure enough today working on it some more I have a high draw back off the tee and straightened out my approach shots while also gaining about 15-20 yards per club. Maybe it's in my head but seems like a small tweak had some significant results for my game.

Today I went over to the local par 3 course and finally got to hit the Taylor Made TP CB's I picked up from the market place .Of course first time out with em' and I just flushed every shot I hit. l love the irons so far , but need to spend a lot of quality time with them on the range to dial in some distance gains.

Fixed my face angle at address with my irons. I had been setting up a little closed to avoid the right miss. I was crushing the ball with much better night and straight

I tried two things:
1. A BB head with a 44" Mini shaft in it;
2. Experimenting with a different technique than Pelz shot on less than 100 yard shots.

Tweaking my grip, trying to go back to an overlap.

Today was trying a straight shaft in my RX3 for the first time along with the stock Cure grip. I'm gonna leave everything as is for now.....promising.

I didn't do anything today, but yesterday while working on my driver swing to get rid of the hook, I tried swinging to second base. That seems to either A) straighten things out a bit more, or B) very occasionally lead to a push draw. I've always avoided trying that out of fear that I'd really hook the heck out of the ball, but that in conjunction with the things I was given to work on, seemed to lead to very decent flight for me.

What did you Change/Learn/Try Today?

worked on changing my putting stance and swing thought (stroke thought???) today after watching zj at the Barclays. I have a tendency to get my biceps under my rib cage, and I like how zach' arms are hanging down from his shoulders. so I tried to set up more like this and it seemed to work well. i also have a tendency to jerk the putter head way inside to start the backstroke, so I worked on feeling like my shoulders (dominated by my right shoulder even though I putt left hand low) push the putter straight back away from the ball. pretty positive stuff, but only real rounds will truly put it to the test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worked on alot of things. Most notably was trying to shake off my last round. Really focused on my grip and tempo for my shots. Also worked on using my 60 degree wedge for more shots. Putting I was working on making a more consistent stroke.

I tried cranking a 5w down to 17* (essentially a long 4w) and learned that I hit it pretty much just as far as a 3w. And it's way easier to launch off the deck too. Ponder mode engaged.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Can't swing the club today so I worked on my putting stance. Changed it slightly more upright..gave me more stability in the core and the shoulders...looking forward to experimenting with this on the course.

this week sucked because i didn't get to play golf. went to the range 2x tho. worked on my driver swing after wrapping up the driving distance survey.... there must be 10 to 30 more yards there.

i also tested a few pre-owned drivers: a 910D2 10.5 with regular shaft, a diablo octane 8.0 with an x shaft, an rbz 2 that's 9.5 with a stiff shaft, and my own gamer 9 deg wishon with a stiff shaft. the 910D2 seems easier to hit, i'm keeping it in mind as a future purchase.

Recently, I haven't liked how my clubface is going thru the ball at impact. I've been lining the ball up near the hosel. Yet, impact is happening between the center and the toe. Yesterday, I moved my line of sight from the center of the ball to the outside edge of the ball, hoping that little tweak may help me keep the club on a better path. It worked pretty good yesterday. But, it felt weird to look where I was looking.

focusing on opening my stance up so i can swing through better and starting with my hip. when I do that all the release and path work out on their own and my club head speed goes through the roof.

I tried lifting my putter ever so slightly before the take away (Fowler apparently does this). I had mixed results but will mess with this a little more as I seem to put a little bit of weight onto the putter without realizing it sometimes.

Today i seemingly unlearned all my previous putter skills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually I hit a mid draw off the tee which can turn into a hook occasionally. Today I was hitting these low line drive running hooks with almost every club. I think my swing was too flat which was causing alot of it.

I've been working on grip for the last couple of weeks, I've always just used a baseball grip because when I started playing I didn't know any better. I've struggled off the tee for years and I recently decided I really need to try an actual golf grip. I've been using an interlocking grip and hit 12 out of 18 fairways or greens, which sadly is an improvement for me. My ball striking altogether has improved and things are looking up.

Decided last night that I will be trying out midsize grips to see if that makes my grip a little more comfortable and easier to control the clubhead correctly. Also going to see if that makes my gloves last longer and not wear out that spot on my palm haha

I've recently been keeping my left arm snugging up to my chest on pitch shots/short approaches etc. It gives me more control and tighter dispersion.

I got a chance to work on some things from my last golf lesson. Reconfigured my grip, as apparently i was doing it wrong and my last instructor thought it fine to not mess with.. Better stance, providing more balance, and keeping my head still. Seeing my shots straighten out and hit almost all the fairways on my drives was a bonus.

I tried to narrow my stance and shorten my swing. It didn't go well.

I learned how to learn yesterday. It took me doing the same thing over and over but expecting something different with my drives and irons (yes I know, lay man's definition of insanity). So I adjusted away from that tendency and saw better results.

And I learned I need to tee up my irons on par 3s. Why was I so stubborn before?

Played today working on keeping very light grip pressure, especially with the driver. It resulted in much improved accuracy, distance and consistency. Both of my bogies today came from hitting a couple of irons longer than expected.

Last week, I decided to put my weight back over the middle of my feet and make my swing plane a little bit flatter and focus on on turning my shoulders through the ball to square the face at impact. This all derived from a chipping lesson I had. As I worked it higher up through the bag, it was just as effective. My ball striking had been really good lately and I'm now playing a tight little draw. I'm still adjusting to the difference in shot shape and repeating the swing, but that should come with more reps.

Back