Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

My wife is freaking out. Home with the kids and this is going on right down the street.

They've detained someone.

Live feed on WGN shows a RIDICULOUS amount of cop cars, marked and unmarked, over down off of 12 across from Morettis. I'd say at least 100.....and they're showing the police helicopter circling around as well. It's crazy.

My wife is freaking out. Home with the kids and this is going on right down the street.

They've detained someone.

I'm guessing you guys dont have the death penalty anymore in Illinois do you? If anything qualified for it, murdering a cop should be at the top of the list. They catch anyone yet?

Report I just saw said 3 suspects are being looked for.

Report I just saw said 3 suspects are being looked for.

I haven't seen anything saying they've caught anyone yet. The live feed still has them looking through an area that's pretty wooded and large. http://wgntv.com/on-air/live-streaming-sc/ Crazy day in my hometown here. If reports are true, the officer that passed was a longtime veteran and a really good guy in our community. Just horrible.... This violence is getting out of control. I still can't comprehend how someone feels it's okay to take another person's life. I'll never get it.... Ever.

I'm guessing you guys dont have the death penalty anymore in Illinois do you? If anything qualified for it, murdering a cop should be at the top of the list. They catch anyone yet?
No, they got rid of the death penalty unfortunately.

Scanner says they caught one by the 59 bridge. Didn't say if it was one of the suspects.

Ryder Cup at Renwood Golf Course (Saturday October 3rd)

I wanted to fill everyone in on this event that takes place at my home course each year. It's 27 holes of alternate shot, best ball, and singles play (9 holes each). It's 70+ guys with 35+ on each team. Two guys from each team play in the foursome. They usually have closest to the pin, long drive and long putt contests. I haven't verified the contests for this year yet. You also get a raffle ticket and get a prize at the end of the day. In the past it has been anything from shirts, balls, pro shop credit, free golf and other things. They also have lunch at the turn (hot dog or brat) and then a dinner at the end of the day which has been Italian beef, chicken and other things. Cost is normally $75. Winning team members always get $50 back. Signups start this weekend so if you'd like to play, give them a call and get your name on the list!

Following all the action on the scanner.... Activity for suspects has intensified. Copters flying overhead.

Of course last night was a hoax. "Quick resolution" for sure.

Are we hoping for taking them into custody or a "quick resolution"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolute insanity last night.... And it was a hoax. Unbelievable....

Ok; need some help here please.Anyone here play the following Sand Creek C C in Chesterton IN? Huge invitational coming up and need some course info please

Chicagoans,
So excited to be headed there next week for the HUGE THP Event, #TheGauntlet and then again just a few weeks later with another THP Event called #YourProto. Both involve equipment and if you get a chance, jump into the Live Event Threads and follow along. Tons of fun.

Chicagoans,
So excited to be headed there next week for the HUGE THP Event, #TheGauntlet and then again just a few weeks later with another THP Event called #YourProto. Both involve equipment and if you get a chance, jump into the Live Event Threads and follow along. Tons of fun.
Will be following along for sure!!

Chicagoans,

Very excited to follow along!!!

Chicagoans,
Sure, just rub it in our noses! Can't wait to follow along, jealously.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Chicagoans,
Sure, I'll jump in

Thanks to you Chicago guys for the recommendations on courses. I had gotten a 7AM reservation at Highlands in Elgin to be safe but cancelled it when I got a 7AM reservation at the Glen Club. While the Highlands was a great deal it was a hike from my hotel and the Glen Club is pretty close.

Appreciate the info as given the price for the Glen Club, it helps to have affirmation that it's a good course.

Thanks to you Chicago guys for the recommendations on courses. I had gotten a 7AM reservation at Highlands in Elgin to be safe but cancelled it when I got a 7AM reservation at the Glen Club. While the Highlands was a great deal it was a hike from my hotel and the Glen Club is pretty close.

Appreciate the info as given the price for the Glen Club, it helps to have affirmation that it's a good course.
have fun and let us know what you think of it! I have yet to get up there.

Have fun and do let us know what you thought of it. 7am... Byron would be making the turn at about that hour :p

Back