Why no Tour Edge Exotics love?

This is why I don't post here much

Why? Because there are not a lot of Tour Edge threads? Seems short sided, when one can start a thread on anything they want and get tons of feedback from golfers all around the world.

See how easy that was.

12 hours and three pages .

As JB said feel free to make threads about any equipment and I'm sure others will join in. Equipment threads don't have to be started by staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See how easy that was.

12 hours and three pages .

As JB said feel free to make threads about any equipment and I'm sure others will join in. Equipment threads don't have to be started by staff.
Especially because there are more than a couple TEE threads started by non-staff discussing their love for particular TEE clubs (and putters). A bit of searching would have shown that pretty easily.

Without trying to sound harsh, but it is hard to comment on some of these smaller footprinted brands when most people don't have access to them. I for one can't comment much on Bridgestone, Wilson Staff, Tour Edge, etc. because no golf store close to me carries any demos. I can barely comment on Srixon becuase I was fit into the 545s, but have litterally hit nothing else Srixon. Just hard to comment on stuff you don't have access to.

Without trying to sound harsh, but it is hard to comment on some of these smaller footprinted brands when most people don't have access to them. I for one can't comment much on Bridgestone, Wilson Staff, Tour Edge, etc. because no golf store close to me carries any demos. I can barely comment on Srixon becuase I was fit into the 545s, but have litterally hit nothing else Srixon. Just hard to comment on stuff you don't have access to.

Enter...CLUB CLASH!

After reading (on this site) reviews about XCG-6 hybrids w/Matrix Ozic HD6.1 stock shafts, I picked up a 3 and 4 for cheap. This was right after the 7's came out. Love em and haven't replaced em.

If you are talking wilson then yes they are box sets, but when you look at Wilson Staff they make great clubs for every spot in the bag. Ask the 8 guys from #THPLegacy who played pretty much every line they offer. They haven't been around for 100+ years for no reason. Several PGA tour players gaming wilson staff including several winners on tour
Yes correct let me differentiate between WS and Wilson 2 totally different lines. And guys I don't even own a TEE product I have nothing to gain by pumping them up geez. I was simply wondering why no love and why not too many people rock their gear is all. Sorry if I ruffled feathers didn't mean to.

Yes correct let me differentiate between WS and Wilson 2 totally different lines. And guys I don't even own a TEE product I have nothing to gain by pumping them up geez. I was simply wondering why no love and why not too many people rock their gear is all. Sorry if I ruffled feathers didn't mean to.

So is it safe to say that you really look at Tour Edge (not Exotics) the same way? I mean they are inexpensive, cheap clubs that are geared to look like other major sellers in the marketplace. Genuine question again.

So is it safe to say that you really look at Tour Edge (not Exotics) the same way? I mean they are inexpensive, cheap clubs that are geared to look like other major sellers in the marketplace. Genuine question again.
No only the exotics line which I've heard tons about...not the lower end bazooka and hot launch clubs. I realize Wilson Staff is premium but not Wilson. I would die for a set of D200 irons.

And definitely didnt ruffle any feathers. Conversation is a good thing on THP.

Mst companies like Wilson and Callaway etc put out box sets...well not all but some and unfortunately it gets mixed up by the average consumer with their more expensive, high end gear which in turn leads some misinformed individuals to believe that the quality is the same across the board. I know he difference I've been around the game for decades I was using an analogy regarding that. The general public doesn't know the difference between Wilson Staff and Wilson or Tour edge exotics and Tour edge bazooka.

This post makes me so happy!

Almost calls for a thread : What review on THP led to a purchase? For me it was 2011 TM CB Review thread.

Bank to the OP though. I remember loving a TEE driver about 3 years ago becasue at the time it was the lightest driver I had ever swung. It felt amazing to hit, but for some reason I never pulled the trigger. I was int he market for irons at the time though.

Almost calls for a thread : What review on THP led to a purchase? For me it was 2011 TM CB Review thread.

Bank to the OP though. I remember loving a TEE driver about 3 years ago becasue at the time it was the lightest driver I had ever swung. It felt amazing to hit, but for some reason I never pulled the trigger. I was int he market for irons at the time though.

Start it up, i have some rocketbladez irons recommended by Hawk and Jman... then a bevy of THPers... got them used and cheap... just love them. The info you can find on this site is unbeatable when it is truthful and accurate.

Start it up, i have some rocketbladez irons recommended by Hawk and Jman... then a bevy of THPers... got them used and cheap... just love them. The info you can find on this site is unbeatable when it is truthful and accurate.
I've found that this site is very informative.

I love the claim that Tour Edge is so high end. If it wasnt for the Bazooka line propping up the Exotics line we would be talking about Tour Edge in the 'Companies that are gone" thread.

I love the claim that Tour Edge is so high end. If it wasnt for the Bazooka line propping up the Exotics line we would be talking about Tour Edge in the 'Companies that are gone" thread.
So they have a business model that works ... they supposed to apologize for that?

So they have a business model that works ... they supposed to apologize for that?

No, my comment is in relation to somehow Tour Edge is making better products then many other OEM's that are producing equally amazing product.

I think you are raising a really good point. I have no clue about their sales, what percentage they sell of the top line stuff vs the lower lines, their margins, etc.. I have zero visibility into the business side of them or whether they're even a viable business.

In the "why no love" points, I almost mentioned the Bazooka and lower lines. I'm sure they're solid clubs, and I do own a Bazooka 1Out wedge which is great, but that's probably about the only lower tier item from them that I'm really interested in.

I think among gear heads, they're known for the Exotics lines and I do think those are well made clubs. I suspect though that the average consumer, if they're even aware of Tour Edge, knows about the Bazooka and lower lines. I suspect that consumer marketing polling might get a very bi-polar view of them as a brand.

No, my comment is in relation to somehow Tour Edge is making better products then many other OEM's that are producing equally amazing product.
Personally, I don't think Tour Edge makes clubs any better than the other OEM's. For me, their FW's work well but I hold no doubt that a dozen other models from a dozen other OEM's would perform equally. I'm already on record as saying that the TEE XCG6 irons were outperformed by Cleveland's MT 588's - at least in my hands.

I have used TEE fairway woods and hybrids for awhile now. I tried them after reading reviews on the internet over 10 years ago and bought them all used. I tried their drivers but never found them to have the same pop and thus performance as the woods and hybrids. I began with CB2 fairway woods and now am using an XCG 3 wood and XCG 3 & 4 hybrids. I have demo'd many others and still find these to be the best. If the newer ones are better than the XCG line than I am perhaps missing something. Sure they are not easy to find to hit or buy but they are a great product.

Is it the price, the name or something else? Everywhere else I look online has nothing but rave reviews....especially for their xcg line of irons and FW's. I really dig those newer E8 irons with the spendy Recoil shafts. I'm really pondering on getting a set but why has there been no reviews or anyone rocking their gear?

Maybe most folks consider the TEE irons to be like "'that girl' back in high school that had a smoking hot body yet the kind of face only a mother could love".

:/

Back