Titleist 716 AP2 Irons Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, after seeing more angles on these...

Why Titleist!? Wow.

So, after seeing more angles on these...

Why Titleist!? Wow.
Not good? Can you comment on the profile? Are they still the ap2 profile??

I actually REALLY like the way they look, and hope we have an opportunity to review.

There's one thing I'm certain of -- I've never spent enough time with Titleist clubs as a whole.

Not good? Can you comment on the profile? Are they still the ap2 profile??

Same profile, but they took that beautiful cavity and did something else entirely, same Ttielist script, same color scheme, but now it looks wonky and contorted with this strange little triangular looking cavity. Its like they tried to modernize and missed, IMO. I know some will love them still just bc they are Titleist, but there are a LOT of hardcore Titleist AP fans that are extremely unhappy.

Same profile, but they took that beautiful cavity and did something else entirely, same Ttielist script, same color scheme, but now it looks wonky and contorted with this strange little triangular looking cavity. Its like they tried to modernize and missed, IMO. I know some will love them still just bc they are Titleist, but there are a LOT of hardcore Titleist AP fans that are extremely unhappy.
Ugh. 714s sound better and better. The initial pictures I didn't mind the look, but if they went away from that "classic" AP2 look I'm thinking they won't be for me.

Ugh. 714s sound better and better. The initial pictures I didn't mind the look, but if they went away from that "classic" AP2 look I'm thinking they won't be for me.

The toe section just looks EXTREMELY bulbous. I know "its the back of the club who cares" will be the cry for some, but I care, the 714's look tons better IMO.

In the 716's, my only real interest now is the CB's.

The addition of tungsten in the mid/long irons is bound to boost performance I would think, but I do agree that the looks on the AP2 have taken a step back. They were never a 'clean' looking iron but they've moved even further away.

The addition of tungsten in the mid/long irons is bound to boost performance I would think, but I do agree that the looks on the AP2 have taken a step back. They were never a 'clean' looking iron but they've moved even further away.

AP2's have always utilized Tungsten.

I was talking with a guy at my home course who always seems to be "in the know" and he was saying that these will have the AMT shafts as stock. Just a rumor obviously.

We also agreed that the 716s are a little fugly when compared to other irons in the same category.

Seems like these are getting some early love on tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like these are getting some early love on tour.

Until Speith took them out of his bag after missing the cut. Lol.

They are sexy looking

For my taste they look WAY better than the 714s. I do not like colorful irons. Black and silver only please :) Looking forward to hitting these.

Until Speith took them out of his bag after missing the cut. Lol.

They are sexy looking

They'll be in his bag next season.

Does anyone know of a release date yet?

Speaking with a guy at a local Titleist fitting center he said these will retail for $1600 in Canada.

Ummm, no thanks.

This is purely hearsay at this point, but this guy is usually bang on when it comes to Titleist.

Speaking with a guy at a local Titleist fitting center he said these will retail for $1600 in Canada.

Ummm, no thanks.

This is purely hearsay at this point, but this guy is usually bang on when it comes to Titleist.

That's absurd. Hoping it's a fairly reasonable price point for our friends north of the border.

That's absurd. Hoping it's a fairly reasonable price point for our friends north of the border.

My assumption was that its due to our weak dollar, but Mizuno's new offerings are coming in at the typical 1000 - 1100.

Hopefully this is a false rumor because while I love me some Titleist they aren't better than anything else to the tune of $500.

Titleist 716 AP2 Irons Preview

My assumption was that its due to our weak dollar, but Mizuno's new offerings are coming in at the typical 1000 - 1100.

Hopefully this is a false rumor because while I love me some Titleist they aren't better than anything else to the tune of $500.

Totally agree. I'm sure they are great and I'm even sure they'll be in my bag at some point, but not for that price

Did he give you a release date?

Looks similar to my Callaway XR irons...They do look a little better than my 710's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back