2015 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for those more well versed in "bodybuilding" or weight loss: I'm looking to lose 10 lbs of fat and put on about 10 or 15 lbs of muscle. Should I have a caloric deficit to lose the fat or up the calories to put on muscle easier?

Question for those more well versed in "bodybuilding" or weight loss: I'm looking to lose 10 lbs of fat and put on about 10 or 15 lbs of muscle. Should I have a caloric deficit to lose the fat or up the calories to put on muscle easier?

It depends on you. If you are a hardgainer (you find it difficult to build muscle) then you are really going to have to increase your caloric intake to build any mass. But the calories need to be from good sources with a lot coming from protein (roughly 2 grams per kilogram of body weight per day).

Most professional body builders put on a little fat when trying to build muscle mass and then lean out prior to competitions.

I had 9 points left and I did good this week

79a190c426bc59e6a03491fbe28b2636.jpg

Weigh in day for me is Monday, but down 3.5 lb so far this week. Today was tough being out with the family, but only went over a little. Tomorrow will be even harder with a cookout and drinking. Hoping to stay even the rest of the weekend.

Had way to many beers today. At least most of them were Ultras. We'll see how far up I am in the morning. Ate decently, other than the beer.

I also did not have a good day yesterday. Pizza for lunch, hamburger, multiple beers and a piece of birthday cheesecake. Here's hoping that's balanced out by a long day working at the cabin today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried so hard this weekend to stay within my points and make good decisions but I feel like I put back everything I lost and then some. I really haven't eaten that badly either, but I just feel huge again. I will weigh in tomorrow to see the number.

College football watching (and the accompanying beer) added a bit of weight back on! Weigh in yesterday morning at 197. This morning weigh in was 198. Tomorrow is official weigh in day for the week so maybe I can drop a little of that back off today. Last Monday I was at 198.5 so with a good day today I should be able to come in with a 1lb to 1.5lb loss for the week.

Despite having a day where I cheated a bit w 2 beers on the course and Tikka Masala for dinner I still ran a caloric deficit thanks to the golf yesterday.

Down to 203.8 on the scale this morning. Gotta keep this going.

I had been hovering around 190 lbs from January to July after being 175-180 for most of my adult life. A month ago I decided to cut my food consumption by 30% and my beer consumption by 40-50%. It's not easy to cut beer consumption when you have a wife that's gone 3-4 nights every week, a man cave with a keg of IPA on tap, and a few buddies that love to stop by and have a few!!

I also have been to the gym or on my bike at least 5 days a week the last few weeks. I'm now down to 180 lbs with a goal of 175 lbs. The biggest benefit besides having a lot more clothes out of my closet that fit, is that my shoulder turn is now past 90 degrees resulting in more square contact with a consistent draw and 10+ yards more distance off the tee. I feel like I'm 30 again on the golf course after hitting a driver 7 iron to 10 feet on a 515 yard par 5 a couple days ago. I've been a member 6 years and It was as long as I've ever hit it on that hole(339 yards) and there was only a 5mph tailwind. This weight loss/fitness stuff is well worth the effort.

Official weigh in day: Through 9 weeks I'm down 20.5 lbs, weighing in at 197.5 lbs today. For the week only down 1 lb, but I'm ok with that. 1 to 2 lbs a week now is what I'm targeting. Should be under 190 lbs in 6 to 8 weeks.

Official weigh in for my first week today. Down 5.5 lbs, which is much better than I expected. I know it won't last, but I'm happy for a fast start. Still targeting 1 lb per week, but I'd love to drop below 240 this week.

Now when it gets hard to stay within my points, I just need to remember what can happen when I stick to the plan.

Well we just got back from a couple days at the cabin. There was steak chicken and a lot of beer. I guess if I can focus on doing things right I can offset what I consider bad eating these days. Plus with the wife's birthday Saturday we've been eating cheesecake daily. I'll consider it a bump in the road but still aiming for another 15 pounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you've never been on or used SkinnyTaste.com, some seriously good recipes on there. Made the crock pot santa fe chicken today, oh my.

ham and cheese omelet for breakfast, ground turkey with taco seasoning and salad for lunch, mushroom burger and cole slaw for dinner, am still losing but at a slower rate about 2 lbs a week. one thing, I feel great and the swing is starting to come around too!

Another pound down, putting me to 5 lbs in 2 weeks. 15 more to go by October 16th. Tracking has helped a ton, and I'm getting much more aware of how much food I need to get full, and its a lot less than I used to eat. In addition to losing weight, I'm losing inches and clothes are fitting better, and I'm down 2 belt notches already. Best of all, I am filled with excitement to stay on the plan and it doesn't feel like just a temporary thing to get through, but truly a lifestyle change. Why didn't I do this years ago?

If you've never been on or used SkinnyTaste.com, some seriously good recipes on there. Made the crock pot santa fe chicken today, oh my.

This is the website I posted in this thread like 4 times already as well because her recipes are great! Plus if you are doing WW, she has the point breakdown already done.

This is the website I posted in this thread like 4 times already as well because her recipes are great! Plus if you are doing WW, she has the point breakdown already done.

Do the crock pot santa fe chicken GG, SO GOOD.

Official weigh in is at 191 so down 6.5 lbs and should break the 190 mark here very soon. Right in line to get to my goal by Disney and my further goal of near 25 lbs by Grandaddy.

I have statred my wieght loss journey today. I weighed in at 230 on the dot. My goal is to get to 200 by the end of the year if not sooner. I would like to get to 190 by the spring, but getting to 200 is a big deal for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back