How much do you pay for a round?

That reminds me, the local course when I lived in Socal (Almansor Golf Course in Alhambra, CA) has the best deal for Juniors = $1. If I were <18years I would be playing EVERY DAY!

Last edited:
it varies alot around here...
the crappy courses go from $20-$30
decent courses go from $30-$50
and higher end courses are about $75-$100
prices are similar in san diego... hawaii is just plain ridiculous on decent courses...
played a few courses up in the dc norva area and they were bucks...
i paid bull run cc for $75 and that wasnt considered a top notch course... raspberry was $125 and renditions was bank

The closest course to me, with Junior Discount- $30, plus 10 dollars to buy gas for the 80 miles round trip, plus 4 dollars for drinks. Thats why I am only playing once a month.

24 for greens fees
1 for reservation
10 for the pot

My membership costs me $29 a month and includes 10 different courses, beat that!

Just played 18 for $13 cart included. One of the best conditioned courses i have been too all summer. Staff was amazing too. I found my new home!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$45 for a round w/cart on the weekend at a okay muni course. The good courses in northern NJ start at about $85 on the weekend going to over $145! My wife got me a round of golf at Ballyowen in Northern NJ for $125 a couple of years ago. The other golfers in the pro shop at the time were commenting about what a great wife she was! The golf was great, but I would never spend that much without her permission!

Out here on the Outer Banks (NC) golf is pricey in the summer....Currituck Club is in the $170 range ($75 off season) and 5 others are in the $100-$125 range ($60-$80 off season)...Two sister clubs sell a yearly pass for $700 and golf w/cart is $16 all year...Great deal....Without the pass, golf would be only be once or twice a month instead of the usual 8-10 rounds a month....

Out here on the Outer Banks (NC) golf is pricey in the summer....Currituck Club is in the $170 range ($75 off season) and 5 others are in the $100-$125 range ($60-$80 off season)...Two sister clubs sell a yearly pass for $700 and golf w/cart is $16 all year...Great deal....Without the pass, golf would be only be once or twice a month instead of the usual 8-10 rounds a month....
my brother rented a beach house out there and said golf was expensive... i told him he shoulda just went to myrtle beach... lolz

Seems most are the in the $30-50 range for a weekend round. The better courses are $70-$125. I typically look for <$30 deals, and I use www.golfnow.com to find times and deals.

Seems most are the in the $30-50 range for a weekend round. The better courses are $70-$125. I typically look for <$30 deals, and I use www.golfnow.com to find times and deals.

I've tried that site before, but have only found a handful of courses around me and only one that's in my city. Too bad, I love using tech for things like that.

my brother rented a beach house out there and said golf was expensive... i told him he shoulda just went to myrtle beach... lolz

I agree....Better beaches, more restaurants and the golf courses are better and more affordable....

If I'm on a vacation, I'm much more willing to spend money to play on a nice course, $150+. However, I play once a week at home, so I'm not willing to spend as much, I try to play for <$40.

I try to play a decent course for less than $40... I don't recall spending more than $50 as of now... my company has paid for some expensive courses so I don't really know how much they were... we go to a course that's pretty decent for $22 (18 holes with cart)... and they have (2) 18 holes courses to choose from... the ones near my house are normally $35 - $55... when they have a special, I go to them... :)

My local practice course (Lakewood Country Club): $5 Walking

Newport Beach CC: $25 When I feel like I can play like fred couples in the toshiba.

These are Junior rates since i'm 16 thoo

Here in Colorado they are pretty proud of their courses on th efront range. I pay $30.00, at my home course with a cart. Around Denver $70 to $80 is the norm. I won't pay more than $50 anywhere.

i can't imagine paying for golf. i don't get the opportunity to play as much as i would like....but when i do....f-r-e-e. that perk makes it welllll worth it.

colonial country club in 2 weeks. w00t!

i can't imagine paying for golf. i don't get the opportunity to play as much as i would like....but when i do....f-r-e-e. that perk makes it welllll worth it.
colonial country club in 2 weeks. w00t!

That's just something us regular hacks would drool over. :D

it really is nice. but when you're out playing on saturdays and sundays....

i'm in the pro shop watching your pace of play or on the range giving lessons. so there's a trade-off. did i mention the stuff? lol.

Back