How much do you pay for a round?

China Cat>Rider

Dazed & Cornfused
Reaction score
I'm curious what everyone pays for a round of golf on the average? Every time I read about recommended courses in the magazines they always seem to be well over $100...many of them are close to $200.

I can't imagine paying that much for 1 round of golf. I know this is an expensive sport/hobby but some of the greens fees out there just seem outrageous...

What's the most you have ever spent for 1 round? Whats the most you would spend?

$50 max level around town. Here in Vegas there are a lot of deceptively nice courses in the 50-75 doller range.

I can pay $30 for the closest one to my house but the average golfer there is BAD. No etiquette and slow play. So its challenging. So Ive started branching out and that has meant $50 a round it seems. Im ok with $50 as long as the pace is good and the course in good condition.

The most we've paid so far (and this includes a cart) is $50/person. Our normal par 70 course is $43/person with cart, the par 3s that we play at range from $15-$30. Our 9 hole (par 32?) course after 2pm on the weekends is just $10 :)

I have a newer, but shorter, 9 hole course that's $10, to walk. Normally for walking 18 holes around here it's about $25-$30. But there are plenty of high end course around here that can get up above $75.

I typically pay around $30. I cant say what my max would be because if I had the chance to play Augusta, I would fork out some dough

Average is around $30 around our way for the summer. Special an resort courses start at about $60. They throw in some things like a meal or a bucket of balls. We have el cheapo specials at the same courses (ranging from $10 - $20) if you don't mind playing midday under the blazing hot sun. Prices go up in late fall to early spring time as that's when high season is. All those prices include cart.

Turtle Bay was the most expensive Ive played. But I forget how much it was exactly. But you pay to get beat down by the trade winds which are relentless!

I like paying about $40 on avg.
the most ive payed is $150.

I was paying 55 clams to play. I got a free six month membership to Golfdigestteetimes.com when I purchased an 18 pack of Fuzz balls. I have yet to pay over 20 clams since. Often this site includes a bucket of range balls. I bought the balls for $15 and saved $40 the first time I used it. I have saved over $500 so far on greens fees this year. Go Fuzz!

Around 30.00 with a cart. There are some nicer courses for around 45.00 here, and they are generally worth it. They are a longer drive though.

Typically $80-$90/with cart on the weekends. A tad cheaper on the weekdays. Some Monday and Tuesday deals in the day that are around $50 with cart.

We have a lot of nice courses that are in the $30 range during the week which is when I do most of my golf, never over $50 though. Well I shouldn't say never, if it's a vacation or something special like a Nicklaus course I'll pay more but that's only once or twice a year.

I usually pay ~30 a round in LA Muni's when I'm down there, but in the San Jose area, it's pretty expensive....usually ~50 a round although I tend to just play back 9s these days and even that's around 20 + having to wake up at sunrise.

I don't mind splurging now and then, hell I splurged for a round at Pebble Beach last year, but I usually only do it when I'm not fighting my golf swing so much that I can't enjoy just being out there.

At my home course: Woodhaven CC

To walk 9 or 18: $0
To ride 9: $8
To ride 18: $16

Closest semi-private course: Glenmary CC

To Ride 18: $39
To Ride 18, but booked through golfnow.com: $31
Replay another 9 holes: $8
Replay another 18 holes: $16

Closest public Muni: Charlie Vettiner GC

To ride 18: $28

There are several nice courses in the area in the $50 to $75 range as well.

Well I pay $10 to play the course (par 62) right by my house. There is another one about 15 mins away (another exec) that I pay about $15 to play. I pay about $20 for Superstition Springs or Western Skies. Summertime around here and by the time it's cool enough (hahahaha) to play the rates are cheap! With this weather I lookfor deals. Not many courses are in such great shape Ill pay to play. I honestly havent spent more than $45 to play a round. Normally find really good deals. I've played TPC for $40.

During the fall, winter and spring the rates go up some. Normally I average $20 a round. Just really depends though. You get to know the staff and you start to get some breaks. I would consider paying a good amount just depends when and where. but if it's just me going out, I look for bargains. Superstition Springs is a beautiful course and can get pricey.

The most I've spent is $45 but would spend over $100 for the right course I suppose.

Normal rounds cost me $20-$35 for where I play. I'll deviate from that range for occasional rounds at nice places with friends/THPers. I saved a bundle this year because I live near the closest course within 100 miles so I bought a membership (only $275 per year).

Our local county course charges $20 weekdays, $25 weekends and has a special of $15 on Tuesdays. That is 18 holes WITH cart. If you walk, you pay only $10. My favorite course that I play as often as I can charges $70 for non-members but I usually have a pass for member rate and get on for around $24.

I usually play at a very nice, city owned muni. It is $48 w/cart on the weekend. I think it is around $40 during the week and even a little less for twilight. I play at a few other private or semi-private courses where friends are members and the guest rate is usually anywhere from $40 to $60.

The most i have ever paid is $100 but that was up in the mountains. I pay $1 right now at my local muni, but i bought a membership for $350 so i am already playing for free. I have started walking a bunch but a cart would be $14.

Most around me range from 50 to 120. Of course there are deals to be had at twilight.

Most of the courses around me are in the $25 to walk 18 holes. Carts usually add another $15 or so. We have a lot of courses with great twilight rates too, usually $25 for golf and a cart and you play as much as you can until dark, once in a while you get a round without many people and can easily get in 27 holes.

The most I have payed is $100 for a twilight round at Bali Hai in Vegas.

8 bucks lol just 9 holes but can play as much as you want. its a pretty nice 9 hole course to.
or free at the really nice 18 hole course. i got pretty lucky on knowing people there.

A normal course around here would be about $25-40, and I think the most expensive in the area is $125 or so...

Back