The 2015 Gauntlet w/ Callaway Golf - THP Major Series

Guys, don't sweat how you're playing. I was playing the best golf I had ever played up until two weeks out from last year's Gauntlet, and showed up not being able to keep anything shorter than a 5i in bounds. Yeah, its nice to play well, but don't get hung up on it. I had one of the best weekends of my life last year playing with everyone and I can't even begin to imagine how much more awesome it would have been if I hadn't missed so much worrying about how I was playing. Made points, lost points, holed out from 75 yards and couldn't even see it because my contacts were so blurry from sweat. Shortest off the tee out of the group one round, longest off the tee out of the group for another round. Just get out of your heads and go play.

Have fun.

Guys, don't sweat how you're playing. I was playing the best golf I had ever played up until two weeks out from last year's Gauntlet, and showed up not being able to keep anything shorter than a 5i in bounds. Yeah, its nice to play well, but don't get hung up on it. I had one of the best weekends of my life last year playing with everyone and I can't even begin to imagine how much more awesome it would have been if I hadn't missed so much worrying about how I was playing. Made points, lost points, holed out from 75 yards and couldn't even see it because my contacts were so blurry from sweat. Shortest off the tee out of the group one round, longest off the tee out of the group for another round. Just get out of your heads and go play.

Have fun.
Thanks Greg. This is great advice. As they say, the hay is in the barn, and dance with the one you brought.

Thanks Greg. This is great advice. As they say, the hay is in the barn, and dance with the one you brought.
Yes it is. Solid words.
Just play. Feel free to be a little more focused, but just play golf and enjoy it. You ain't going to improve between now and Saturday, so relax.

Did anyone else look at the weather forecast? Looks like 62 Saturday and 70 on Sunday. I was all prepared to just pack shorts since it is in the mid 90s over here in California, but looks like I might have to bring pants and a sweater!

Did anyone else look at the weather forecast? Looks like 62 Saturday and 70 on Sunday. I was all prepared to just pack shorts since it is in the mid 90s over here in California, but looks like I might have to bring pants and a sweater!

You warm weather people are a funny bunch

FIFY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Illinois isn't bad...it's just when you start getting close to Chicago where things get silly.

So what wedge grind did everyone choose, and for what reason?

I went with the S grind. Mainly because I see all kinds of turf conditions around here, so I figured the most versatile in that regard would be the best option. My swing can also change depending on the day; steep vs shallow. I questioned my choice for a little bit after using a 56 for a while since I've used it almost exclusively around the greens. Was thinking the C grind may have been the better choice. But I'm sure the S will still be fantastic for me.

Honestly, I don't remember what I went with because it's only going to get used for my time with •R•. After that it's a show piece.

I've dug out my old Jaws 58 since I lost my TP one.

I'll be taking 3w on that hole. Longer second but I don't want a 170 yard FW bunker shot

Doc Hock and the R&D boys don't come in early and stay late for us to lay up, I'm pulling driver!

COMPLETELY Unrelated - what hole are we talking about?

Doc Hock and the R&D boys don't come in early and stay late for us to lay up, I'm pulling driver!

Your JRod hits driver. Our JRod hits 3 irons.

The penultimate hole is a dogleg right par 4.

62c8996d23f64fabcbab02855739d5e2.jpg

http://youtu.be/3BUSm68mK54

Here ya go, Ethan!

This is a man who knows what's up.

So there is some time between hotel check in and the meet and greet. Who's going to PGA superstore to check out some Callaway gear?
If my roommate is still on the course when I get down there I'll prolly text you and find out where you guys are at.

If my roommate is still on the course when I get down there I'll prolly text you and find out where you guys are at.

I would be down to go, I get in at 1, hopefully get over to Naperville by 2-2:30 (get my bag and rental car). I was thinking about going to Cog Hill to see if I could hit the range as I will have a few hours before dinner.

I was waiting for someone to ring up the weather.

Surprised it took this long.

It's going to be beautiful.

I would be down to go, I get in at 1, hopefully get over to Naperville by 2-2:30 (get my bag and rental car). I was thinking about going to Cog Hill to see if I could hit the range as I will have a few hours before dinner.
I could be down for range time possibly. Was thinking maybe 9 holes before, but not sure about the area options. Hitting Callaway stuff at PGA Super Store sounds fun as well lol. We'll figure something out.

I'll be there all day. Just look for the lanky fella duck hooking 5 irons.

Have fun.

Well said Greg. I've had some good rounds in my prep and some bad rounds. I'm just going to have fun and do the best I can. The memories will be even better if I'm not stressing about the fact I didn't shoot a score that was never realistic.

Have fun.

While all of this is true, its a totally different event this year with something really big on the line that has to do with performance.

Excited to see everybody on Friday. Got our food order all set for Friday night and we can guarantee you one thing...You wont leave hungry or thirsty.

Excited to see everybody on Friday. Got our food order all set for Friday night and we can guarantee you one thing...You wont leave hungry or thirsty.
Deep dish pizza, beverages and pairings... Two more days of work then it's go time boys!

Can't wait to see how many pieces of deep dish pizza people try to take down. Especially those who haven't eaten it before. I think there was a few.

I'll be there all day. Just look for the lanky fella duck hooking 5 irons.
Duck hook eh? Well at least if we get paired up we'll get to see both sides of every hole.

We have more than just pizza. Pasta, salad, bread and drinks.

Back