Irons...what am i gaining?

PinHunter

Reaction score
Handicap
Getting back into golf alot more after only playing a couple times over the last few years...when i was 16 I could give the hot shots at my home course a good run for there money (probbaly cause i played so often haha) .

I have a set of clubs I got when i was 16, i believe they are a Game improvement style iron, with graphite shafts (not even sure of the flex).

I am 25 now, and my Iron strikiing is GREAT! If i am hitting fairways with my driver the day is usally quite good (need to work on the putts though) Right now I shoot high 70"s to low 80's...

now my question is..

in going with a new set of irons am i goign to see much of a difference then i do now? just went to the stack and tilt method and it feels like i am hitting cotton balls!!!! so pure!

stuff that has peaked my intrest are in order>

TM R9 tp
Cleveland black pearls
adams CB2
nike ( full or split cavitys)

I have not hit any of these irons...just goign by ppls reviews and by the way they look to me..

so convince me on what i need...:D

I forgot to mention that i did pick up a TM r9 460...love it!

After reading every review, the best thing to do is hit them for yourself. I could love one set and you couldthink they felt like trash. Trust me, demo as many clubs as you can! Me personally, I liked the r9's, black pearls and my mx-200s the most!

Getting back into golf alot more after only playing a couple times over the last few years...when i was 16 I could give the hot shots at my home course a good run for there money (probbaly cause i played so often haha) .

I have a set of clubs I got when i was 16, i believe they are a Game improvement style iron, with graphite shafts (not even sure of the flex).

I am 25 now, and my Iron strikiing is GREAT! If i am hitting fairways with my driver the day is usally quite good (need to work on the putts though) Right now I shoot high 70"s to low 80's...

now my question is..

in going with a new set of irons am i goign to see much of a difference then i do now? just went to the stack and tilt method and it feels like i am hitting cotton balls!!!! so pure!

stuff that has peaked my intrest are in order>

TM R9 tp
Cleveland black pearls
adams CB2
nike ( full or split cavitys)

I have not hit any of these irons...just goign by ppls reviews and by the way they look to me..

so convince me on what i need...:D

Nike split cavities are amazing, especially for the prices they have on them now. But as suggested above try and hit as many as you can. Around here they don't let you really demo anything so its hard, but I hit over 40 sets before settling on the VR forged splits. However everyone is different, and the most important thought is obviously your own.

Oh and to answer your question, you will notice a huge difference between graphite and steel shafts. I played graphite shafts when I was younger (Loomis Tour, amazing shafts btw) But as I got older and stronger they just didn't work anymore.

impressive list you have compiled there. i'd try to demo as many as possible personally. the R9 tp's are high up on my list to demo so if it were me, i'd start there.

guess I'll be the first, get fitted! there that is all. :D

If you test them out and find your favorite, then get fit for them (shaft length, flex, club lie angle, and possibly shaft brand) you will gain technology, hopefully yardage/accuracy, and confidence most of all.

guess I'll be the first, get fitted! there that is all. :D
and I'll be the second! Go to your local golf store and hit each set on a monitor to see how well you hit each one. Once you pick out the set let them fit you for them.

I would like to throw the idea of Diablo Forged irons out there.

great call setho, just make sure all the grips match! :)

I would like to throw the idea of Diablo Forged irons out there.

Going to try and maybe take a few swings tonight with a few of these..

would like new irons but If i cant see or feel a significant difference i cant see myself spending the money..

mine are over 10 years old..but i hit them very well...we will find out i guess...

So i got to hit the Adams CB2 tonight, Golf Town was busy so that is the only one i got to hit before i had to leave..

wow...smooth..and they feel soo soft on impact..

Hit a stiff shaft in the KBS tour..

simulator was saying that my 6 iron was going 225 with the roll...

would love to get them outside on the range..not many demo days that i know of though..

goign to have to go back another day and hit the taylormade r9's yet..

but i am really impressed with the cb2's :beauty:

I hit some with a CB2 and CB1 in the store a few days ago and agree - great feel, good look. I love the gunmetal finish on them. Am thinking of getting a set now for the added forgiveness vs. my blades since I don't play as much as I did when I got those.

Back