Can drivers lose their pop?

YetiLooper

Reaction score
Handicap
I've had the same driver for the last 3 seasons and it really feels t me as though it's lost it's pop. I don't know if that happens though so I wonder if it's just a flaw in my swing or something. Right now I am hitting my 3 wood, and or my SLDR Mini the same distance. I'm hitting the ball fine I can tell when I miss. I might be imagining it but I think it sounds different than it used to as well. I've looked for cracks and don't see anything obvious.

Just wondering if its possible for a driver to just kinda die?

I think maybe at some point one could, but 3 seasons wouldn't be enough IMO.

Watched results of a testing against 10,000 hard contacts and there was no drop off.
Been asked before, so this year we asked a number of companies both head and shaft and they all say no.
There is a THP TV episode on myths that discusses the shaft version of this.

They can in theory, but I don't believe you could do it over 3 years. I would bet closer to 30. But that is a guess.

See that's what I believe too, it kinda has me perplexed.

I guess I need to go get on a monitor with it.

I don't think so. Not unless there is a crack somewhere.

you should try impact tape or similar to make sure you're hitting the clubface in the sweet spot

you should try impact tape or similar to make sure you're hitting the clubface in the sweet spot
Yeah I'm thinking I must be consistently missing toe side a little.

They can in theory, but I don't believe you could do it over 3 years. I would bet closer to 30. But that is a guess.
So it's the player not the equipment that loses pop. Sounds quite reasonable.

Back