I really want to try one of the Casper mattresses. 100 day in home trial sounds good. Wife wants a Sleep Number but I'm not prepared to drop that kind of cash.
Is this the company that I hear Howard Stern advertising?

I'm not a mattress guru by any means, but when we did the research for our mattress, we read that the foam mattresses can be "warm". We bought a "hybrid" mattress which has springs and memory foam, however the foam is "Gel infused memory foam" which is supposed to be "cooler".

I enjoy our hybrid mattress, but if you go with any type of memory foam, I suggest its the "gel" type.

what are your thoughts on foam and spring mattresses? Should I go 100% foam? If so what do I look for? Brand, thickness?

A few years ago we spent close to $2500 on a high end mattress. We HATED it and ended up giving it away. We decided to go cheap and bought a memory foam mattress at Costco for $600. It's the best mattress we have ever had. We will never spend big money on a mattress again.

A few years ago we spent close to $2500 on a high end mattress. We HATED it and ended up giving it away. We decided to go cheap and bought a memory foam mattress at Costco for $600. It's the best mattress we have ever had. We will never spend big money on a mattress again.
Wow, that says a lot. Any over heating issues with the foam? Any back issues?

Our next mattress will also be from Costco, like pretty much everything else we buy. For now, we have one from a local mattress manufacturer in our "town" :)

Wow, that says a lot. Any over heating issues with the foam? Any back issues?

Our old memory foam used to get super hot, which is when we got rid of it for the overpriced junk. The new memory foam is much better and we don't have any heat issues with the new memory foam we got from Costco. We have had this mattress about 3 years now and we still love it.

No back issues at all. It's really firm with a slight give. I have a really bad back, so I prefer a firm mattress.

We have a sleep number and its the best money i ever spent, my wife and I have different tastes in mattresses and being able to dial in my comfort (read back support) needs is a Godsend. It has dramatically reduced the tightness I used to experience in my back each morning.

Did you get the Novaform? I was considering getting a queen for my temp apartment. We have a King memory foam here in VA from Amazon, Dynasty I think is the brand name and it's excellent, but shipping planning from amazon leaves a little to be desired, so i was considering going local to Costco once I get there.

Did you get the Novaform? I was considering getting a queen for my temp apartment. We have a King memory foam here in VA from Amazon, Dynasty I think is the brand name and it's excellent, but shipping planning from amazon leaves a little to be desired, so i was considering going local to Costco once I get there.

I have no idea what the brand was, it was whatever they had at Coscto. I just know we got a king memory foam mattress for $600 and it was one of the best purchases we have ever made.

Mentioned this in another thread, I highly recommend the Serta iComfort Memory Foam mattress. Its injected with cooling gel. Outstanding comfort and temperature control.

We just bought a Leesa and last night was the first night sleeping on it. It's firm, but my wife and I both seemed to like it. I think we have 30 days to return it so we'll see how it goes.

Our old memory foam used to get super hot, which is when we got rid of it for the overpriced junk. The new memory foam is much better and we don't have any heat issues with the new memory foam we got from Costco. We have had this mattress about 3 years now and we still love it.

No back issues at all. It's really firm with a slight give. I have a really bad back, so I prefer a firm mattress.

We have a adjustable tempur-pedic we bought from a friend that was basically unused. I never have really liked it. It's hot, and I just can never get comfortable on it. It is just not firm enough for me and my back issues. We finally may be able to replace this. Probably look at a sleep # ( even though I know people who have said they have had issues with the air chamber leaking ) because my wife prefers a soft bed, and I like it firm. Should be fun shopping lol!

This thread helped a lot. Thank you everyone.

I have had a Saatva for about 5-6 months and we are searching for something else. It quickly became super mushy and I wake every day with back pain. When I travel for work (which is frequently), I wake up with little or no pain. I'm sure it's a great mattress for some, but not for us.

I have a Saatva. it is great for the price....and no store to deal with. a major plus.

We just ordered the Saatva and are going to give it a try. If that doesn't work out, we'll probably try the Casper. I'm not fond of them only having one type of firmness though.
We'll see what happens! :)

We just bought a Leesa and last night was the first night sleeping on it. It's firm, but my wife and I both seemed to like it. I think we have 30 days to return it so we'll see how it goes.

PGG, how is the Leesa mattress working after a couple months? I've been interested in this mattress for about 6 months.

PGG, how is the Leesa mattress working after a couple months? I've been interested in this mattress for about 6 months.

I actually like it a lot. It is definitely still on the firm side, but has softened a little. I find it to be a very quiet mattress, if that makes sense. But I'm happy with it and have been sleeping a lot better than I was with my old one, when my two year old isn't waking me up that is.

I actually like it a lot. It is definitely still on the firm side, but has softened a little. I find it to be a very quiet mattress, if that makes sense. But I'm happy with it and have been sleeping a lot better than I was with my old one, when my two year old isn't waking me up that is.

So it sounds like you'd buy it again. Very good to hear. Thank you for the info!

I convinced my wife to try a Casper about a year ago. It was the best decision we could have made. It's so good that I often don't sleep very well in hotels because I've become so accustomed to it. We bought our daughter one, too.

Looks like I'll have to research Casper now too. Leesa vs Casper.

My saatva was delivered today. After the day I've had, I'm glad to be able to lay on it. Feels incredible so far. Here's to a great first night's sleep!! *fingers crossed*

The Saatva we bought has been fantastic. Great price for what we bought.

Back