Callaway Apex Pro Irons Review Thread

I'm excited to try the new offering from Cally. The Apex Pros look good to me, not "busy" or "clunky" or anything. And the back of the club doesn't do anything for me...you could scratch it to hell n back and I wouldn't care much, is the address look that does it for me. Can't wait to see a topline view of the Apex Pro. I'm seeing my distances are all over the board with my 714 AP2 and I've heard great things about their X-Forged '13, which these are being compared to. Oct 30th (newest date I've seen) can't come quick enough.

Can someone provide a link to pics?

Can someone provide a link to pics?
They're still under embargo. When the date comes when they can be talked about, you can be sure there will be a ton of accurate information about them etc.

I'm sure with a little googling, you can certainly find the couple of photos that have been released about them.

I saw them earlier today and I like them. The pros really stand out to me and I hope the forgiveness is there like the previous version.

I'm looking forward to the THP review when that happens

Saw the new Apex and Apex pro this morning. Other than the Chrome on the Apex pro, I think they both took a step backwards in the looks department.

I agree. I like my Apex Pros more than these in the looks department. Of course, in person may change my mind.

I certainly am not looking to switch though. The Apex Pros are the best iron I've ever gamed.

I guess my google-fu is not up to snuff. I have been trying to find pics since yesterday. ha!

I'm the opposite. I think newer apex looks better.

Having just bought an Apex/Apex Pro combo set I think I like the looks of the new ones a little better. The original are still gorgeous irons though.

Having just bought an Apex/Apex Pro combo set I think I like the looks of the new ones a little better. The original are still gorgeous irons though.
Without a doubt the originals are still a great looking club. But I have a feeling the new ones may bring in a few new fans to the Apex line. Call it a hunch

I tried poking around online to find the pics of the next line and had no such luck. I still kind of regret not getting the Apexes over my z545s. I love my 545s, but the cavity is a little too strong for my taste in the 8-PW.

Ok, saw some pics. Thanks to the members that helped me out. Im not to keen on the new looks but hopefully I can pick up a set of the current models on CPO in a few months at a great deal.

Ok, saw some pics. Thanks to the members that helped me out. Im not to keen on the new looks but hopefully I can pick up a set of the current models on CPO in a few months at a great deal.

Better yet, get one of the remaining spots into #TheGrandaddy!

I like the looks of the pros, looking forward to seeing how they stack up vs the current pros.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Without a doubt the originals are still a great looking club. But I have a feeling the new ones may bring in a few new fans to the Apex line. Call it a hunch

After having tested them, and you got to see them in action this past week, I think you are right here.

THP will have a full preview with in hand photos of both sets coming very soon.

I like the look of the new Apex better than the new Apex Pros. The Apex Pros remind me a little of the Tour Edge Exotic irons for some reason.

I like the look of the old apex pro's to be honest. In person may be a different story so that could change.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I hit the Apex pro today while my buddy was getting fit for a driver just out of the Hmm wonder how these hit day. Holy cow! do these feel amazing. I really liked hitting them. The one I hit had a KBS c taper stiff 120 in it. The only reason I did not walk out of the store with a new set of irons today was that the ones are coming out and I want to hit those to compare. Hit the Ping forged Iron whatever it is and I did not like it as much as well as the Mizuno 85 which was a very easy to hit Iron. The apex pro won hands down.

Better yet, get one of the remaining spots into #TheGrandaddy!

That would be the ultimate end to the year! Holy crap...I didn't even think of that

Callaway Apex Pro Irons Review Thread

I hit the Apex pro today while my buddy was getting fit for a driver just out of the Hmm wonder how these hit day. Holy cow! do these feel amazing. I really liked hitting them. The one I hit had a KBS c taper stiff 120 in it. The only reason I did not walk out of the store with a new set of irons today was that the ones are coming out and I want to hit those to compare. Hit the Ping forged Iron whatever it is and I did not like it as much as well as the Mizuno 85 which was a very easy to hit Iron. The apex pro won hands down.

The Apex Pro wasn't really on my radar 2 months ago. I went into GG to hit the Ping I series right after they came out and decided to put an Apex Pro, Apex, and XR Pro together in my specs just for fun. Long story short, after that trip, the Apex Pro was the only club I wanted. I've hit Mizunos, 714 AP1/2, Nikes, you name it. The only club I had interest in that I couldn't find to try in person was the J15. Nothing held a candle (in my eye) to the Apex Pro.

I have a set coming USPS tomorrow...

Hi, im new to this site and not quite sure how it works. all im after is a few suggestions...im a 4 handicapper looking for some new irons to update my current titleist 755 irons. i recently went for a fitting and was told that apex pros would be best for me but im not massively keen on the thicker top line. do you think there is any chance of having the apex pros 4 - 7 and then something more blade looking for 8 - pw? if not other iron suggestions would be nice
Im not up to date with all the latest clubs due to not playing for a few years so any suggestions would be great

As long as your distances line up, sure why not. They make a muscle back as well

Hi, im new to this site and not quite sure how it works. all im after is a few suggestions...im a 4 handicapper looking for some new irons to update my current titleist 755 irons. i recently went for a fitting and was told that apex pros would be best for me but im not massively keen on the thicker top line. do you think there is any chance of having the apex pros 4 - 7 and then something more blade looking for 8 - pw? if not other iron suggestions would be nice
Im not up to date with all the latest clubs due to not playing for a few years so any suggestions would be great

Apex MB

so i was fit into these at Annika Academy by Charlotta Sorentam. std length and lie with pxi 6.5. one range session and one 9 hole round later.... i shoot a PB 73! AWESOME!

Back