Oh MY God, Amazon deal Get it while you can

I just emailed them through amazon saying if this is just going to be one club, I want it cancelled. (the order status said "shipping soon", too late to cancel)

I did the exact same thing. You know, they're going to have to choose between the lesser of two evils. Either send everyone who ordered the irons and take a huge loss (not likely from a business perspective) or cancel the orders and suffer the negative feedback.

I cancelled my order since I don't really need a single iron, but they will getting negative feedback galore for this one.
I did the exact same thing. You know, they're going to have to choose between the lesser of two evils. Either send everyone who ordered the irons and take a huge loss (not likely from a business perspective) or cancel the orders and suffer the negative feedback.

It was a misprint, everyone knew it. Misprints happen all the time, no need to give negative feedback for something you knew wasn't going to happen anyway.

It might be different if it was a small amount, then they might be expected to, or might just go ahead, and honor it. But this was ridiculous and everyone here knows it.

Negative feedback costs more than the loss of the irons. But, for a cost/benefit standpoint, they'll send the single irons and deal with it on the Refund/Return side of the house. I wonder if the Sales Dept is going to to the Refund/Retuns Dept about the Sh1tstorm they just created for them.

But the fact that they will be shipping AW's to everyone without the opportunity to cancel is a little outrageous, no?
It was a misprint, everyone knew it. Misprints happen all the time, no need to give negative feedback for something you knew wasn't going to happen anyway.

It might be different if it was a small amount, then they might be expected to, or might just go ahead, and honor it. But this was ridiculous and everyone here knows it.

I'll only give them negative feedback if they send me a single club without notifying me about the mistake.

Sure they can physically do it, but if they actually do that without contacting the buyer first they are in violation of the Visa/MC regs. Now we all had that feeling this was too good to be true but doesn't give them the right to just swap and say "Our bad, misprint".
Judging by the response Bridges got, that's what they're doing.

But the fact that they will be shipping AW's to everyone without the opportunity to cancel is a little outrageous, no?

Do you know that's going to happen? Did you talk to the company or are you relying on what someone said? Let us know if you get that iron or a cancel.

i hope they contact everyone and let them know its just for a single wedge. call TGW directly and see of they will cancel orders.

I cannot agree with you there. They are a business just like Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, etc. are all businesses. They have a responsibility to sell what they say they will. Though they will get out of it I am sure, it's not the consumers fault that they made a mistake. If you picked up a 2 liter of coke at Wal-Mart and it was priced at $0.25, you would likely take it to the register and try to purchase it (you would likely buy more than just one if you're the typical American shopper). You would then be upset when they tried to charge you full price, because it was THEIR mistake that caused you the trouble. This is the same case. They owe the customer more than sending the wrong item and not allowing them a chance to cancel the order beforehand. I think they should send what they advertised in the first place preferably.

I'm not going to give them negative feedback unless they try and ship without notifying me and giving me the opportunity to cancel. We knew it was too good to be true but it would be completely unacceptable to send an item I did not order. You bet I would be in contact with Mastercard and my bank in a heartbeat if they swapped items without giving me the chance to cancel.

If they back out of it they will have to cancel the orders. They can't change the terms. It was listed as 3-pw, if they just pick a club and mail it they will be getting alot of returns, complaints and cahllenges on credit card payments.

Pretty sure you'll all just be getting a notification about how charges will be refunded to your cards, if they've been debited, and that'll be that. Happened with me with amazon and a 3rd party reseller (compusa, I think) that was selling one of those Shiatsu chair massage pads for like $14 when they retailed for $150.

No doubt this is good advice but it's on the company to contact everyone who placed the order. It's their obligation actually.
i hope they contact everyone and let them know its just for a single wedge. call TGW directly and see of they will cancel orders.

What a few are forgetting here, is that they are NOT allowed to sell the clubs at that price per the MAP agreement with Taylormade golf. Some are saying that they have a responsibility because that is how it is marked. Sure small items will be done that way in stores. But find a thousand dollar item at one of those same retail stores marked at a hundred bucks and see if they do. It has happened to me and they apologize, but do not do much.

What I find funny is that it does not appear a single person has actually called TGW to cancel there order (I may have missed it). I mean why not just call and ask? The answer is easy really, because people are trying to pull a fast one. Nothing wrong with that, but do not preach that you cannot cancel if you have not called to actually try and cancel.

i called them again and asked if they will be notifying everyone that its just for a single club or what. she said she would contact her supervisor that deals with amazon and let him know about it and see if they can get it changed. She said she didnt know or have any control over sending out emails to everyone. she was really nice about it. that the supervisor would be in later and she would let him know about it. she was real friendly about it. im sure everyone will get a refund back no need to get the panties in wad yet lol

I cannot agree with you there. They are a business just like Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, etc. are all businesses. They have a responsibility to sell what they say they will. Though they will get out of it I am sure, it's not the consumers fault that they made a mistake. If you picked up a 2 liter of coke at Wal-Mart and it was priced at $0.25, you would likely take it to the register and try to purchase it (you would likely buy more than just one if you're the typical American shopper). You would then be upset when they tried to charge you full price, because it was THEIR mistake that caused you the trouble. This is the same case. They owe the customer more than sending the wrong item and not allowing them a chance to cancel the order beforehand. I think they should send what they advertised in the first place preferably.

That's the cool thing about this place. Anyone can disagree with anyone else and not worry about repercussion.

I still think if someone gives negative feedback to TGW because of an obvious misprint, then they are in the wrong. If TGW does in fact send something that was not ordered, then maybe. But not just because of an ad misprint.

That's the cool thing about this place. Anyone can disagree with anyone else and not worry about repercussion.

I still think if someone gives negative feedback to TGW because of an obvious misprint, then they are in the wrong. If TGW does in fact send something that was not ordered, then maybe. But not just because of an ad misprint.

I agree with you there. I will not leave negative feedback as long as I get a refund. I knew it wasn't going to happen, just had to take the chance that it would.

If you just ordered today, you should be able to cancel directly from your Amazon account (I was able to and I ordered at about 10 EST). Also, I don't think they will be shady enough to send out a single iron...that would be a marketing disaster with the prices of shipping and shipping back. I am expecting them to offer a cancellation on all orders purchased.

I liken this to the legal t's & C's you see at the bottom of car ads in the paper. (dealer not responsible for printing errors, etc?) If a car was advertised at $1,500 and not $15,000 you can bet that the dealer isn't going to honor that price.

If TGW does in fact send something that was not ordered, then maybe. But not just because of an ad misprint.
I don't think anyone was planning on giving neg feedback until that point.

What I find funny is that it does not appear a single person has actually called TGW to cancel there order (I may have missed it). I mean why not just call and ask? The answer is easy really, because people are trying to pull a fast one. Nothing wrong with that, but do not preach that you cannot cancel if you have not called to actually try and cancel.

Isn't it up to TGW/Amazon, rather than the customer, to cancel the order if they don't want to honor the deal they (inadvertently) made?

people should be able to disagree anywhere and not receive repercussion, not just this place?

Try it at a couple other golf forums. You'll get berated and your post will be edited or deleted especially if you are disagreeing with Dick Tater.

Isn't it up to TGW/Amazon, rather than the customer, to cancel the order if they don't want to honor the deal they (inadvertently) made?

They will.

Back