Oh MY God, Amazon deal Get it while you can

Do you think it's comical that people play the lottery? I don't really get your point.

With the lottery, at least there is a chance. This was never going to happen. Then people got bent out of shape because they won't honor an obvious misprint.

Do you think it's comical that people play the lottery? I don't really get your point.

My point is people are mad and talking about they are going to ruin a company's reputation when they knew all along it was a mistake. And it all could have been avoided by simply picking up the phone and calling to see if the price was an error before ordering. Heaven forbid that anyone ever makes a mistake on something. That's my point.

With the lottery, at least there is a chance. This was never going to happen. Then people got bent out of shape because they won't honor an obvious misprint.

I don't see any harm in throwing that kind of money down on something and then finding out what the details were later.. Obviously they can't do much beyond credit through TGW, and god knows those who put in for this don't exactly need a reason to spend money on golf equipment haha..

There is always a slight chance, regardless of whether it appears to be too good to be true.. Now, I'm certainly not for bad mouthing them for a small mistake, unless they send me a damn wedge and then fight my return (which I also doubt, because I am already in a return process with them on a bag and their process is excellent and at no cost to me).

I don't see the harm in trying. Looking back, I was also under the impression it was limited quantity, and as such figured maybe they'd do it on a good will thing because it was limited, but I have to think the order number is well into the thousands... I also think JBs comment about MAP was a good one..

My point is people are mad and talking about they are going to ruin a company's reputation when they knew all along it was a mistake. And it all could have been avoided by simply picking up the phone and calling to see if the price was an error before ordering. Heaven forbid that anyone ever makes a mistake on something. That's my point.

A lot of people ordered outside business hours.. And I don't disagree with actually getting upset.. I have already sent an email simply asking to have my order canceled pending the obvious misprint, but it was fun to think about getting a ridiculously nice set of irons for that kind of money haha

Its hard to believe these are the same people who would call a penalty on themselves when they would openly try and take advantage of an obvious pricing mistake by a company instead of informing them about the error.

I figured if it didnt work out, they'd send an email and cancel the order. The second bold was my concern. Yeah I coulda picked up the phone but I went off of what another THP'er said.
I don't see any harm in throwing that kind of money down on something and then finding out what the details were later.. Obviously they can't do much beyond credit through TGW, and god knows those who put in for this don't exactly need a reason to spend money on golf equipment haha..

There is always a slight chance, regardless of whether it appears to be too good to be true.. Now, I'm certainly not for bad mouthing them for a small mistake, unless they send me a damn wedge and then fight my return (which I also doubt, because I am already in a return process with them on a bag and their process is excellent and at no cost to me).

I don't see the harm in trying. Looking back, I was also under the impression it was limited quantity, and as such figured maybe they'd do it on a good will thing because it was limited, but I have to think the order number is well into the thousands... I also think JBs comment about MAP was a good one..

I'm expecting a cancellation email any time now with a simple price mistake explanation. That would be enough to satisfy me at this point.

I'm expecting a cancellation email any time now with a simple price mistake explanation. That would be enough to satisfy me at this point.

That would be fine by me also. It was worth the shot........earlier this year I purchased 3 Adams hybrids for $80 each because of a misprint on GPP website and they honored it.

oh well too good to be true usually means to good to be true. I would like an email confirming this and my refund though. I will not be leaving any feedback unless they give us a hard time about a full refund. I dont want to hearing BS about a wedge or gift card, if that happens then yes there will be negative feedback and a few rude phonecalls. otherwise with a full refund no harm no foul in my book.

oh well too good to be true usually means to good to be true. I would like an email confirming this and my refund though. I will not be leaving any feedback unless they give us a hard time about a full refund. I dont want to hearing BS about a wedge or gift card, if that happens then yes there will be negative feedback and a few rude phonecalls. otherwise with a full refund no harm no foul in my book.
Bingo!
I feel the same exact way.

That would be fine by me also. It was worth the shot........earlier this year I purchased 3 Adams hybrids for $80 each because of a misprint on GPP website and they honored it.

I agree, I expect this also. Nice work on the GPP, I think someone else tried to snag a good deal on their also. Sounds like a good site.

Golfio also stands behind misprints. I got a nikent 3h for 5.99 from them. Good business practices are hard to find these days GPP and Golfio have done right by me in the past.

LOL at this rollercoaster of a thread. It had it all: excitement, disbelief, bargaining, anger, sadness, acceptance, the requisite high-horse posts. Truly an EPIC thread. Thanks for the laughs everybody ;)

It would be funny to see a massive flooding of TM R9 TP AWs on Ebay and THPs marketplace but I think they will just cancel the orders.

It was certainly draining lol
LOL at this rollercoaster of a thread. It had it all: excitement, disbelief, bargaining, anger, sadness, acceptance, the requisite high-horse posts. Truly an EPIC thread. Thanks for the laughs everybody ;)

<activate Jim Gray voice> The thrill of vicotry....(queue ski jumper crashing)....and the agony of defeat.

no doubt this thread blew up! 20 pages and counting in less then 24 hours! lol

I just go off the phone with TGW and was told that Amazon has told them all orders will be cancelled so people dont have to be concerned about clubs showing up. I also asked TGW out of curiosity how many sets of clubs were sold. A whopping 4,600 sets were sold during this marathon thread. Heck that's better than TGW could have done on HSN.

Just think about how we were a part of history. The largest number of purchased and returned sets within a twelve-hour period.

SMG

Lol. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just go off the phone with TGW and was told that Amazon has told them all orders will be cancelled so people dont have to be concerned about clubs showing up. I also asked TGW out of curiosity how many sets of clubs were sold. A whopping 4,600 sets were sold during this marathon thread. Heck that's better than TGW could have done on HSN.

Just think about how we were a part of history. The largest number of purchased and returned sets within a twelve-hour period.

SMG

SMG

hahahaha, thats hilarious!!! Thanks for calling them Kieth....You tha man

And of that 4,600 how many people are legit enough to play R9 TP irons. Maybe 7?

Just off phone with Amazon and was told their records do show the pricing error and credits will be made within one to two business days.

SMG

Good point Tmoney. I am NOT one of the seven. But I would've had those sticks:act-up:

Back