NHL 2015-2016 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm talking in terms of pissing away all the talent in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah gotcha. Definitely agreed on that.

Kane is still early twenties and he sometimes acts like it. Unfortunately rules are different when you're a celebrity. Not condoning his actions and this issue with the evidence but he is still innocent until proven guilty and I've heard some firsthand local knowledge regarding the accuser that I won't go into detail with, that will raise some doubt. This will be a hard case to prosecute, even harder if there is some local celebrity favoritism going on.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
I'm sure she has a questionable background, just like he does. I'm not sure he's guilty, but if the police confirm the evidence was tampered with I don't think he should play until some form of exoneration occurs. It's not necessarily fair, but I can't imagine opening night for the Stanley Cup holders including a dude who is being investigated for rape.

I'm sure she has a questionable background, just like he does. I'm not sure he's guilty, but if the police confirm the evidence was tampered with I don't think he should play until some form of exoneration occurs. It's not necessarily fair, but I can't imagine opening night for the Stanley Cup holders including a dude who is being investigated for rape.
I agree and thought him and Voynov have been treated completely differently although Kane has only been accused while Voynov had charges brought. Not sure you can put any blame on Kane for the evidence tampering either.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Over 1000 games played
Over 1000 points
Stanley Cup ring
Olympic Gold
World Cup Silver
Canada Cup Gold
World jr. Gold
7 All Star Games.

Looks more like a HOF career not pissed away talent.

All I know is after attending last nights Canucks vs Sharks preseason game. I am afraid of what this year will bring......

All I know is after attending last nights Canucks vs Sharks preseason game. I am afraid of what this year will bring......

I just hope to see the Canucks get their butts kicked each and every night, even when they aren't playing.

I'm really trying to be an innocent until proven guilty guy even though it's hard at times with the media coverage all cases get in the media. I don't think there is anyway they can dress Kane until there is a resolve one way or another in this case. The interesting quote of we would like to thank the person who put this on the door step seemed odd to me but this whole case didn't seem right from the get go.

I'm not an innocent until proven guilty guy. That's for the court system. I promise you if you are accused of rape your boss won't give two spits about innocent until proven guilty.

Let him focus on his legal problems. When that is cleared up the league will be waiting.

I'm not an innocent until proven guilty guy. That's for the court system. I promise you if you are accused of rape your boss won't give two spits about innocent until proven guilty.

Let him focus on his legal problems. When that is cleared up the league will be waiting.

Very much agree and I promise I won't be accused of rape.

I just hope to see the Canucks get their butts kicked each and every night, even when they aren't playing.
That's not very nice. Maybe if we finish in the bottom half of the league for the next 5 years, we might get some good draft picks...

That's not very nice. Maybe if we finish in the bottom half of the league for the next 5 years, we might get some good draft picks...

Sorry I'm not sorry.

It worked for the Flames I guess right

I wouldn't go that far. they had the 4th overall in 2014 and 6th in 2013, it's no where near the level of the Oilers, Hawks, Penguins or Panthers.

Over 1000 games played
Over 1000 points
Stanley Cup ring
Olympic Gold
World Cup Silver
Canada Cup Gold
World jr. Gold
7 All Star Games.

I think like you, he had a heck of a career, but just imagine how it would have been if he could have stayed away from all that crap that messed him up...

this guy's story is a great one and his book, playing with fire is a great read. I will gladly send it to anyone who is interested, just PM me

I think like you, he had a heck of a career, but just imagine how it would have been if he could have stayed away from all that crap that messed him up...

this guy's story is a great one and his book, playing with fire is a great read. I will gladly send it to anyone who is interested, just PM me
One of the best books I have read.

That's exactly the point I was making. I watched Fleury cut the Hawks the pieces from behind the penalty box in 89 and he was an amazing talent. Could have been even better if not for all of the off ice troubles he had.

I just hate to see guys who have been given one of life's golden tickets and for one reason or another, can't control their off ice behavior and never live up to their ultimate potential. Then, when they're 70 and doing an interview about they're career they have regrets because they could have not been an idiot off ice.

I can't wait for the actual season to start so we can stop talking about off-ice issues and focus on hockey.

Over 1000 games played
Over 1000 points
Stanley Cup ring
Olympic Gold
World Cup Silver
Canada Cup Gold
World jr. Gold
7 All Star Games.

Theo's book was pretty awesome. It shows the kind of emotional turmoil that surrounds youth players in the various junior leagues, and how that drives straight into the NHL. It's a high pressure situation all the way through, and with the drug element included, can be a pretty ugly mix. We see names like Montador, Rypien, Boogard... The list of players who succumbed to the injuries/concussions/pressure of the NHL is nothing short of terrifying.

Back when I traveled and played a LOT, the amount of pain sometimes (without anything actually broken or severed) is remarkable.... And that was as a resilient teenager, not a 30 year old. Add in the separation of family, pressure to perform, pressure to look cool (as a youngster).... There are so many elements that follow along in the footsteps of these players as they sign big contracts.

If you haven't already, grab Fleury's book. It's pretty eye opening. Frankly I'm surprised he wasn't more nuts.

Theo's book was pretty awesome. It shows the kind of emotional turmoil that surrounds youth players in the various junior leagues, and how that drives straight into the NHL. It's a high pressure situation all the way through, and with the drug element included, can be a pretty ugly mix. We see names like Montador, Rypien, Boogard... The list of players who succumbed to the injuries/concussions/pressure of the NHL is nothing short of terrifying.

Back when I traveled and played a LOT, the amount of pain sometimes (without anything actually broken or severed) is remarkable.... And that was as a resilient teenager, not a 30 year old. Add in the separation of family, pressure to perform, pressure to look cool (as a youngster).... There are so many elements that follow along in the footsteps of these players as they sign big contracts.

If you haven't grab Fleury's book. It's pretty eye opening. Frankly I'm surprised me wasn't more nuts.

It's pretty easy to judge others when you're outside of the situation. Heck, going through college without making a mistake is pretty tough sometimes. Couldn't imagine throwing a bunch of money at kids the same age and then seeing what happens.

Drugs and other bad decisions like that I can understand the pressures and everything involved, it's easy to get caught up in stuff like that when peer pressure and money is involved. Not saying it's totally excusable, but I get how it happens. However if what happened with Kane is true, that stuff is never excusable.

It's pretty easy to judge others when you're outside of the situation. Heck, going through college without making a mistake is pretty tough sometimes. Couldn't imagine throwing a bunch of money at kids the same age and then seeing what happens.

Drugs and other bad decisions like that I can understand the pressures and everything involved, it's easy to get caught up in stuff like that when peer pressure and money is involved. Not saying it's totally excusable, but I get how it happens. However if what happened with Kane is true, that stuff is never excusable.

I think that's a big reason why many colleges encourage or enforce at least a year in dorms... To get kids acclimated with not being around their parents and not making horrible decisions. Somewhat, but not really, controlled.

For kids in juniors, it starts at 16. They go and stay with a billet family, and depending on the situation, get encouraged or harassed by the older players on the team to party and do stupid stuff. That mentality is built into their head, and they make the move to the NHL with a contract on hand, and the world in their fingertips. Give an 18 year old kid a million bucks in just about any scenario and he's going to make a couple bad decisions if he's not surrounded by the right people.

I'm not saying the Canadian Junior System is polluted beyond repair, as we've seen countless players come through the program and be near perfection at the NHL level in both self control and interview speak -- But the cracks aren't all that thin.

I think that's a big reason why many colleges encourage or enforce at least a year in dorms... To get kids acclimated with not being around their parents and not making horrible decisions. Somewhat, but not really, controlled.

For kids in juniors, it starts at 16. They go and stay with a billet family, and depending on the situation, get encouraged or harassed by the older players on the team to party and do stupid stuff. That mentality is built into their head, and they make the move to the NHL with a contract on hand, and the world in their fingertips. Give an 18 year old kid a million bucks in just about any scenario and he's going to make a couple bad decisions if he's not surrounded by the right people.

I'm not saying the Canadian Junior System is polluted beyond repair, as we've seen countless players come through the program and be near perfection at the NHL level in both self control and interview speak -- But the cracks aren't all that thin.

nailed it dude.

nailed it dude.

Canadan is pretty smart sometimes.

He's going to live Brandon Saad....that I know

Marty Caps Habs tonight....no avatar bet? haha

Marty Caps Habs tonight....no avatar bet? haha
Lol pre season games are so pointless score wise, I wouldn't even bet YOUR avatar.

Lol pre season games are so pointless score wise, I wouldn't even bet YOUR avatar.
Haha I know haven't even watched one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back