People moving and talking during your swing

The moving thing doesn't bother me, however I dont care for someone talking in the middle of my swing. Its a courtesy thing, I dont do it to you, so please dont do it to me.

For the most part talking and movement don't bother me as long as it doesn't start mid swing. Sometimes I will carry on a conversation while getting set up, will stop for a second, pull the trigger and then carry on the conversation. That being said I have requested that playing partners move their shadow or perhaps not stand so close to my backswing. Nothing wrong with asking nicely with a calm "hey, would you mind moving a few steps back?"

If someone takes a mulligan they aren't good enough to get so upset about things. Golf should be fun.

i was playing in a scramble a few months ago and the course was pretty backed up. This meant we watched the foursome in front of us and the the foursome behind us watched everyone of our shots on the tee. They were super loud and obnoxious. On the 3rd or 4th hole we asked them to be quiet when we hit and they just got worse and worse. After about the 13th hole my entire group was annoyed and our level of play dropped big time. All 4 of us are pretty level headed players and can handle a little chitchat but these guys would burst out into laughter or cough really loud right as you were about to swing. They couldn't have been more annoying if they tried. Needless to say things got heated and they probably thought we were elitist d-bag golfers.....when in fact they were the ones being rude. Moral of the story. Try not to talk or move around in someones swing. If you do it by accident, apologize. If they have to ask you multiple times you're probably the one being a d-bag.

Well I can say that none of us ever intentionally try to distract someone during their swing. Just sometimes it happens by accident and we always have one guy that thinks he should get a free shot because of it. I remember last month I was chipping on the green and freakly I biffed the chip. My friend claimed that because one of the greens keepers was driving his Gator by I should get a free re shot. I told him no because frankly the greens keeper had nothing to do with me biffing my shot, my horrible swing did.

None of it really bothers me unless it's something substantial like yelling or moving right at me. Then I'll get a bit annoyed. @McRock will tell you I'm usually just ready to swing no matter what is going on around me. :)

I was taught its just common courtesy to remain still and quiet when someone is swinging... that being said I like to take my handheld whoopee cushion and let one rip on my buddy's practice swing...

I was taught its just common courtesy to remain still and quiet when someone is swinging... that being said I like to take my handheld whoopee cushion and let one rip on my buddy's practice swing...

Well since you are doing during his practice swing, that is just good fun if you ask me.

None of it really bothers me unless it's something substantial like yelling or moving right at me. Then I'll get a bit annoyed. @McRock will tell you I'm usually just ready to swing no matter what is going on around me. :)
Thats because nobody has time to try and distract you. By the time we could, you've already hit.

~Rock

Thats because nobody has time to try and distract you. By the time we could, you've already hit.

~Rock
Hey if you play slow, it's tough to get in 54 holes

If , and I stress "IF" you adhere to proper swing fundamentals and have these fundamentals grooved. Than any noise should not bother you in any way. There is expections but a properly trained golf motion works no matter the scenario

If , and I stress "IF" you adhere to proper swing fundamentals and have these fundamentals grooved. Than any noise should not bother you in any way. There is expections but a properly trained golf motion works no matter the scenario

Then why do PGA Professionals stop when there isn't complete silence?

I sometimes talk in my own backswing. Does that count?

I sometimes talk in my own backswing. Does that count?

I have actually busted out laughing in the middle of my golf swing before lol.

It doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I tend to play so fast that I am swinging before people even realize it. I couldn't tell you how many "sorry, man, I forgot you play at Ludicrous Speed" comments I've gotten this year.

It's basic courtesy to shut up and stay still while someone is swinging.

When I need people to shut up I just take a little more time at address, that's the cue for my buddies to shut up. However, I've also joined the conversation while swinging. I guess for me sometimes having fun with the guys is a little more important than where my ball is going.

Then why do PGA Professionals stop when there isn't complete silence?
Sir/or Madame That is the exception to the rule. But for us, if we adhere to the proper fundamentals trust and Ingrain them . Than any noise shouldn't matter. We can't compare ourselves to tour pressure

You can talk/dance/sing/sneeze/throw things at me during my swing and it won't bother me one bit.

It does bother me a bit. I try to ignore it but it does. I'm not likely to say anything though.

As long as the noise I'd consistent it won't bother me. Sudden noise and movement will throw me off.

I don't care what you do as long as you don't start or stop it in the middle of my swing. Be quiet or not. Be still or not. Just don't do both!

This. A thousand times.

You can talk/dance/sing/sneeze/throw things at me during my swing and it won't bother me one bit.

I bet if I hit you with a hammer it might bother you. hehehe

Richard Simmons could host an aerobic class next to me on the course, I don't let surroundings interfere with my game, that being said I know what groups I play in that are conversation friendly and relaxed and the groups that are tight lipped competitors. I respect both sides and adjust accordingly

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

I don't care what you do as long as you don't start or stop it in the middle of my swing. Be quiet or not. Be still or not. Just don't do both!

I agree 100%.

Constant background noise doesn't bother me. A sudden burst will. I think it is common courtesy to be quiet from the time someone addresses their ball through impact.

We weren't trained by Tiger's father.

Back