TaylorMade M1 Driver Review Thread

I like what I'm hearing from both of you. Two fellas with solid swings and really good understanding of numbers.

If I hadn't just picked up my GBB I would be on hard ponder mode.

I absolutely love that there is a TM driver to be excited about again!! I need to get my hands on one

If I hadn't just picked up my GBB I would be on hard ponder mode.
I just saw it in person. Still can't swing yet. Really dig the looks. I hope it does well for them. I also hope it means there budget friendlier option is solid too.

Anyone try the 430 head with the Kuro kage 60 yet??

I hit both the 460 and the 430 today at pga store. My swing sucks right now but these have potential to be awesome.

I hit the 460 yesterday 9.5 with the Pro 60. I brought my G30 LS (9 w/Tour 80) and SLDR (10.5 w/Speeder 57) to compare.

The G30 was launching in the 14-15* range with 2200-2500 spin (9* set to 10)

SLDR launched a little higher 16-17* with 1900-2200 spin (10.5 set to 9*)

The M1 set to neutral was super low spin. 16-17* LA with only 1500-1700 spin. A couple were slightly below 1500.

Moved the weight all the way back and it started launching a little higher and with more spin 17-18* and spinning 1700-1900.

The M1 was launching high and spinning low. Also had marginally better ball speed. 1-2 mph.

My CHS was 95-99 and was hitting Srixon balls that come in Golfsmith's hitting bay.

The only thing that may have skewed the numbers was that the tee was a little too high and all the strikes were slightly high on the face of each club

i'd like to try this one on the course for sure

Hit the M1 hybrid on the range today with Fuji. Incredibly easy to hit club, forgiveness like the x2hot and above average distance. really had fun hitting it and look forward to another crack at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hit the m1 460 and 430 at pga store. Both have potential to be really good. I hit the 430 10.5 with rogue silver 70x the best as far as contact goes but I think I still need more launch.

Hit the M1 hybrid on the range today with Fuji. Incredibly easy to hit club, forgiveness like the x2hot and above average distance. really had fun hitting it and look forward to another crack at it.

$300 for a hybrid??? Yeah wont even stop to look at it.

$299 US, spare a thought for Aussies who have had the dollar drop by nearly 30% against the USD. Ouch!

I'm actually holding off upgrading stuff purely because of high cost atm... Shame.

Not gonna lie, I like this driver. I haven't liked a TM product for a few years now. I demoed the 430 9.5* with rogue 70s for 18 holes and was so impressed. I was so impressed I may actually buy this thing.

I just about pulled the trigger on it, but the trade in value of the R15 dropped another $50 between Friday and today. At the current value I'd rather keep it as a backup. Still in ponder mode.

Without going back through all the posts. Has anyone hit this with the kuro kage tini shaft?

Actually just been given the Australia RRP, $729... Far out.

The current R15 on release was $549 from memory, and current retail is $377, can get second hand near new on eBay for around $210 to $250...

That is a massive difference to the $729. Guess I am out for this one unfortunately...

Actually just been given the Australia RRP, $729... Far out.

The current R15 on release was $549 from memory, and current retail is $377, can get second hand near new on eBay for around $210 to $250...

That is a massive difference to the $729. Guess I am out for this one unfortunately...

That's crazy money. The shop I deal with in Kuala Lumpur are doing a new release limited special offer of 420 USD. Asian / Japan and US/Europe spec shafts.

Came here to see exactly this. If everyone else also find the price of the M1 to be ridiculous... Taylormade's prices in general on clubs lately have been quite steep.

Came here to see exactly this. If everyone else also find the price of the M1 to be ridiculous... Taylormade's prices in general on clubs lately have been quite steep.

Is the price really that outlandish though? Callaway's 816 DBD is the same price, Titleist's 915 D3 is $449 and a year old (not to mention their special order only D4's price), and TaylorMade's TP lines in the past. It's not without precedent in this category, but still high for those that want to pay the price.

Guys, the price only matters if you have to have the club right now. Wait 6 whole months and try again. I hope this doesn't start another release or slamming TM discussion - it's true for nearly all OEMs. As an example, I saw Callaway's BB815 driver in the 50% sale bin at my club last week.

prices for clubs are certainly high. However it's certainly in line with other OEM's top of the line drivers. Would I drop 500 on a driver, not a chance.

$499 is typical for high end drivers in the market right now. Not sure what the commotion is about.

Guys, the price only batters if you have to have the club right now. Wait 6 whole months and try again. I hope this doesn't start another release or slamming TM discussion - it's true for nearly all OEMs. As an example, I saw Callaway's BB815 driver in the 50% sale bin at my club last week.

Yup. Hell the damn GBB is $550, and everybody is jumping all over that one. Myself, I prefer to wait for some discounts because I'm just wayyyyy too cheap to spend that kinda scratch on one club, but that's the beauty of the planned obsolescence model - I can get a brand new club for half the price or less if a) I'm patient and b) it doesn't chaff me to not have the absolute newest thing.

Yup. Hell the damn GBB is $550, and everybody is jumping all over that one. Myself, I prefer to wait for some discounts because I'm just wayyyyy too cheap to spend that kinda scratch on one club, but that's the beauty of the planned obsolescence model - I can get a brand new club for half the price or less if a) I'm patient and b) it doesn't chaff me to not have the absolute newest thing.

GBB is 449 FWIW.

GBB is 449 FWIW.

latest

Thanks for the correction. Could have swore I saw it at $550 somewhere...maybe there was some kind of upgrade or something though, not sure.

Either way, point stands.

if you think the M1 is expensive just wait until we see the price of the M3 or M4 ;) Drivers will be 700 USD in a few years.

Back