TaylorMade M1 Driver Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Their longest driver, the M1 has a multi-material construction - featuring an ultra-thin, ultra-light and high-strength carbon composite crown – that unlocks breakthroughs in distance, playability, and feel for all golfers.

Each golfer has a unique swing and in the past it’s been challenging to provide ideal launch conditions to all player types with a single club. The construction of M1 allows better players to create the shot they want and other golfers, the shot they need.

Multi-Material Construction
M stands for Multi-Material and it’s the key that unlocks performance in M1. This construction is highlighted by our proprietary 7-layer Carbon Composite Crown that is precision-formed and built ultra-thin, ultra-lite and high strength to maximize weight savings. This addition has allowed us to build a weight-loaded sole and move overall clubhead weight (and, thus, the center-of-gravity) lower for a more efficient power transfer; giving golfers more ball speed.
The Carbon Composite Crown as also allowed us to give golfers 25 grams of multi-directional adjustability, allowing them to personalize launch conditions – fit to their swing - and optimize ball-flight, trajectory and, ultimately, distance.

T-Track System
To make our longest, just that for a wide range of golfers, we needed to expand the settings to give golfers more options to personalize performance to fit their game. M1 features the revolutionary T-Track System that consists of both a Front and back track with 25 grams of adjustable weight:
Front Track: One - 15 gram weights to provide multiple draw, neutral and fade settings
Back Track: One – 10 gram weight adjusts for multiple high, medium and low launch and spin settings
The revolutionary T-Track System gives golfers the option to personalize their M1 to their exact specifications, leading to optimal performance and distance to fit their swing.

Personal Fit System
Three-step head adjustment system of loft sleeve, Front Track & Back Track - plus three featured stock shaft offerings - M1 gives golfers a tour-level fitting without the truck.

Loft Sleeve – A 4° (+/- 2°), 12-position, sleeve for the golfers preference of face angle, loft and lie. Available Lofts: 8.5º, 9.5º, 10.5 º, 12º

The M1 Driver comes in 2 head models (460cc and 430cc) and 3 after-market stock shafts:
High Launch (Fujikura Pro 60)
Mid Launch (Mitsubishi KuraKage Tiny Silver 60)
Low Launch (Aldila Rogue Silver 70)

WZ505_zoom_D-L.jpg

WZ505_zoom_D3-L.jpg

WZ505_zoom_D2-L.jpg

Last edited:
Figures right after I get R15 they get ready to release something new

Seems like they need a big win with this one. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Looking forward to the details! Maybe something different is what the company needs. Fingers crossed for them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do need this one to hit. I'll be in big ponder mode for a new driver, and probably the whole top end, around the end of this year. Right now they'll have a lot to prove to supplant the thoughts of the GBB at the moment.

Hmm. The "1" designation immediately made me think of the R1. It will be interesting to see what it ends up being.

Saw a teaser on Twitter last night but could find absolutely nothing else online. Will be interesting to see what they do with the M1. There's no doubt that this will be a hugely important release for TMaG.

So another new release like the sldr c? Bahahaha ok sorry, on a serious note i really am excited to see what they have in store. I hope they can hit a home run and get people wanting their drivers again. I loved my TM drivers of old

They need a hit. Hopefully this one gets them back on the right path.

M1... like Mach 1... another speed driver?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I didnt realize that M1 was the name of the first TaylorMade metal wood driver. I guess if nostalgia is working for Callaway, then copy and hope for the best.

That is correct.

m1_dr_large.jpg
Oh snap i didnt know that either. Well honestly with Bertha and now King, why wouldn't they try it. They are taking notes haha now lets hope it performs

Yawn...

I didnt realize that M1 was the name of the first TaylorMade metal wood driver. I guess if nostalgia is working for Callaway, then copy and hope for the best.
Ha... that makes more sense. I'm a moron

Interesting to see them get away from the R designator. They definitely a hit with this one. Hopefully for them they a success with it and can get back to making good drivers again.

The #1 on tour, in wins, etc slogan isn't translating into sales. Wonder how,they market this one.

I'm interested in hearing what this is. I've never played a TM club - no idea why really. Would be fun to switch that up for a change.

Come on now! Another effing release so soon after the R15 and Aeroburner. There is no bloody way technology advances at such a pace that a new driver release is justified seemingly every few weeks.

Come on now! Another effing release so soon after the R15 and Aeroburner. There is no bloody way technology advances at such a pace that a new driver release is justified seemingly every few weeks.

Something being discussed online or previewed does not mean new release currently. It will be close to the 1 year mark when this comes out compared to the previous driver.

True... and we know they didn't sell out of aeroburners... so they can't use the cally excuse

Just curious, were you upset about the new Callaway and Cobra releases as well?

I'm excited to see what they're up to.

Hope this one is a hit for TM. A healthy TM is a win for consumers. Just as more choices in the driver market is a win. Can't wait to see more on this one.

Posted just for Dev using Tapatalk

Also, TM can't win over a number of people no matter what they do. If they try to stay the course and keep trying to sell models that aren't doing well, they're stubborn and stagnant. If they try to revitalize their sales with a new release that seems to be going in a new direction, they get skewered for too many/frequent releases. Why don't we just wait and see? As a lot of us say, more releases and more options are a good thing.

Good to see TM following other OEM's going back to original lines and improving on them. Hope they do the M1 line justice.

Back