The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumor has it the bears are looking to trade Forte and Jeffery.

Rumors are linking Forte to Denver or Baltimore. Pure speculation though from what I can tell

I was reading that Latimore from the Broncos for Forte was the big rumor. I would love for the Vikings to get Jeffery but obviously thats a pipe dream.

I was reading that Latimore from the Broncos for Forte was the big rumor. I would love for the Vikings to get Jeffery but obviously thats a pipe dream.
I'd rather the Vikings just keep building through the draft.

Doesn't seem like huge FA signings and trades work out long term.

It's always funny to me that when Brady or someone else utilizes the short pass and TE on every down its amazing. Saying Alex Smith can't win a big game is as ridiculous as calling Matt Flynn great. Packers fans have done both in THP NFL threads.

I'd rather the Vikings just keep building through the draft.

Doesn't seem like huge FA signings and trades work out long term.

I am a big supporter of building through the draft but a younger proven wr that would easily make the team better is hard to pass up. Like I said its a pipe dream, no way the bears would even consider trading him to a division rival.

Pats trade for Jonathan Bostic from the Bears for 6th rounder. Should make the LB Corp stronger if he is healthy..

Pats trade for Jonathan Bostic from the Bears for 6th rounder. Should make the LB Corp stronger if he is healthy..

I think Brandon Spikes was still available :)

Is there an early consensus #1?

I'm the wrong guy to ask. JB may have some info on that. The Bears are terrible and they're off loading a ton of their big contract talent.

The Bears supposedly like Langford and are afraid to lose Forte to FA and get nothing in return.

It's always funny to me that when Brady or someone else utilizes the short pass and TE on every down its amazing. Saying Alex Smith can't win a big game is as ridiculous as calling Matt Flynn great. Packers fans have done both in THP NFL threads.

The last play of the first half last night typifies Alex Smith's shortcomings. It was the last play of the half with the end zone in range for a big throw and a prayer. So what did Smith do? Take off and run for 27 yards. Brady takes chances, Brees takes chances, Luck goes down field, Rodgers goes down field, Manning used to go downfield. Smith doesn't. There are most likely other factors at play, but lets not put Alex Smith and his abilities in the same discussion as Brady's. And when was the last time Alex Smith won a big game? A divisional round playoff game 4 years ago?

The last play of the first half last night typifies Alex Smith's shortcomings. It was the last play of the half with the end zone in range for a big throw and a prayer. So what did Smith do? Take off and run for 27 yards. Brady takes chances, Brees takes chances, Luck goes down field, Rodgers goes down field, Manning used to go downfield. Smith doesn't. There are most likely other factors at play, but lets not put Alex Smith and his abilities in the same discussion as Brady's. And when was the last time Alex Smith won a big game? A divisional round playoff game 4 years ago?

Why do you care so much about Alex Smith? You have Aaron Rodgers as your QB so I wouldn't be worried with other teams perceived issues.

Why do you care so much about Alex Smith? You have Aaron Rodgers as your QB so I wouldn't be worried with other teams perceived issues.
I'm just talking football. I didn't mean to offend you

I'm just talking football. I didn't mean to offend you

I'm not offended in any way. Just find your trolling rather annoying and pointless when you have no vested interest in said player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not offended in any way. Just find your trolling rather annoying and pointless when you have no vested interest in said player.

I don't understand. How is it trolling to say that Alex Smith is not a great quarterback?

I don't understand. How is it trolling to say that Alex Smith is not a great quarterback?

Because you keep on and on and on. You say it once. People agree and then you keep on. Let it go.

It's trolling when you say something that the other person doesn't agree with. Such is life now a days.

Because you keep on and on and on. You say it once. People agree and then you keep on. Let it go.

Ok.

As a KC fan, what was your opinion of Justin Houston's game last night? I don't watch a ton of Chief's football, but I thought he was pretty ineffective against a banged up offensive line.

It's trolling when you say something that the other person doesn't agree with. Such is life now a days.

Sadly, I've agreed with him yet he keeps on and on about it.

Ok.

As a KC fan, what was your opinion of Justin Houston's game last night? I don't watch a ton of Chief's football, but I thought he was pretty ineffective against a banged up offensive line.

PFF graded him at +2.0

Just because he didn't have a sack last night doesn't mean he was ineffective.

5 QB pressures and 4 stops. Was the 2nd highest graded defender behind Jaye Howard at +3.8.
I never gave PFF a thought before I heard that Aaron Rodgers was average last night. Reading their opinion, yeah he wasn't his best, I see how they called his game below average.

Nobody has compared Smith to any of those players. You said he cannot win a big game. He has shown otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back