The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smith has some shortcomings but all QBs do. He has won some big games in the past.

What people need to realize is Brady,Rodgers etc are a step above they are future hofers. You can be a good qb in the NFL and not be on that level. Smith is better than most and while not a great is very good.

Short passing is the norm for many QBs. None of us know what is being said behind closed doors but I can almost assure you the short passing is by design. The taking no shots could also be a coach telling him take no shots unless it is wide open.

Smith gets a bad wrap but MANY NFL teams would get an immediate upgrade at qb if he played for them.

Posted just for Dev using Tapatalk

I don't understand. How is it trolling to say that Alex Smith is not a great quarterback?
As a Jets fan, I'd pick Alex Smith any day of the week, and twice on Sundays. He might not be great, but he's way better than average.

As a Jets fan, I'd pick Alex Smith any day of the week, and twice on Sundays. He might not be great, but he's way better than average.
I'd think he rates somewhere in the 20ish range among the 32 QBs. That would make him literally below average.

I'd think he rates somewhere in the 20ish range among the 32 QBs. That would make him literally below average.
What metric are you using? Everything I've seen ranks him statistically right around the middle of the pack ... and he doesn't turn the ball over (only 3 INTs this year, putting him in the top 10). Numbers aren't everything.

Only 6 other starting QBs (not named McCown) have been in the league longer than Alex Smith. That longevity doesn't scream "literally below average QB" to me.

I got to watch Smith for years between Utah and San Francisco. He's bottom half if not bottom third in the league. He doesn't have the arm strength or accuracy to go deep. He holds the ball way too long. He has never won a big game in the NFL. He rides the tails of a great defense and an awesome run game.

In the NFC Championship game he scored a whopping 10 points at home.

I like Smith and was one of his biggest supporters for years. Time after time though he showed why he's a bust. He's a game manager and not even a great one of those.

Just my opinion though after years of watching him.

What metric are you using?

Only 6 other starting QBs (not named McCown) have been in the league longer than Alex Smith. That longevity doesn't scream "literally below average QB" to me.
A completely subjective one. I just ran through the list of QBs and that's about where he slots to me. Maybe up to 15ish, maybe, in which case he becomes average. But to me that seems like a stretch. Just my two cents.

A completely subjective one. I just ran through the list of QBs and that's about where he slots to me. Maybe up to 15ish, maybe, in which case he becomes average. But to me that seems like a stretch. Just my two cents.

According to the announcers from MNF, Smith has started something like 107 games if I remember correctly. He has 4 games over 300 yards.

300 yard games are not a great barometer, I get that, but it's still very telling IMO. It shows he can't take over games with his arm. He's never been a good come from behind QB.

Apparently the Dolphins are working out new QBs in London this week. :alien:

Seriously, when the schedule came out, I was so excited to see the Dolphins get the Sunday morning game time because I knew I'd be able to watch it. Now that it's here, I'm expecting the Jets to roll over them, it's disheartening.

Local media is beating them up pretty bad. The suh going rogue story grew massive legs overnight lol.

Love the NFL in October! Pink everything!

As great as the Breast Cancer awareness thing is, for women at least, you would think that all the research dollars would be better suited going towards the number 1 killer of women.

As great as the Breast Cancer awareness thing is, for women at least, you would think that all the research dollars would be better suited going towards the number 1 killer of women.

Well...as someone who has personally had their family and friends affected by breast cancer and various cancers in general, I'd be pretty irked if they swapped breast cancer awareness month/any proceeds at all (as little as they may actually donate or not) for a disease that's damn near preventable with proper diet and exercise.

Oct is BC awareness month. There is a heart disease awareness month(assuming that's what you are talking about).

Well...as someone who has personally had their family and friends affected by breast cancer and various cancers in general, I'd be pretty irked if they swapped breast cancer awareness month/any proceeds at all (as little as they may actually donate or not) for a disease that's damn near preventable with proper diet and exercise.
Many people are effected by breast cancer. Myself included in many ways.

And as we learn more and more about other diseases we are finding out they are not as preventable as it was first thought.

Oct is BC awareness month. There is a heart disease awareness month(assuming that's what you are talking about).
Generally yes, but I believe there are other diseases besides that one that kill/effect more women then breast cancer.

Wait, is there really butt hurt because the NFL didnt choose the right disease to fundraise for?

That stadium has got a ton of empty seats going on.

Wait, is there really butt hurt because the NFL didnt choose the right disease to fundraise for?
Butt hurt?

No.

One major issue with the world today, if someone has opposing ideas they're "butt hurt" or "haters" or any other chastizing degrading term.

It's my opinion that we should focus on the major killers and work our way down as we make progress.

It's the logical thing.

But individually everyone takes everything to personally.

The first response was "as someone who was personally effected...." (or along those lines)

Well you have far greater odds of being effected by something else like Heart Disease (BTW currently it is believed only 25% of all heart disease is preventable)

Another thing to look at is how many years and how great the effect of these diseases has on people.

You have a large Coorporation like the NFL pumping in millions of dollars to a disease which is great, but those funds would have a greater benefit to more people going elsewhere.

But at the same time we should be thankful they are doing something.

You know what's awesome? Football.

Sorry I guess for taking a deadly disease that has affected my family in a personal way. I'll try to figure out a better thing to feel personal about and get back to you.

Okay, gather everyone who personally knows someone whose been effected by breast cancer.

I'll take everyone who knows someone who's been effected by all the other diseases that effect women more then breast cancer.

We'll let the people who know people who fall under multiple categories go, and then we'll see who effects who the most by the shear number of people in our giant mass of sadness.

Then we'll force them all to donate $10 to the winning side, just because something good has to come out of this.

Oh wait that's absurd.

Anyways, sorry to everyone for bringing up a topic that is somewhat controversial I should know better.

Have fun watching football.

Thought i had clicked on a debate room thread by mistake...whoops

Really Joe, that defender was wide open.
#hatetheravens
#hatethesteelers

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back