Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red GBB with motore vc 6.1

Now to the model,V series or 815 or GBB. Hmm though choice. Also I would like a Rouge shaft with it. Off to check options.

James,wouldn't that be too much loft? You saw my swing this weekend,you think it will fit in well with my super high ball flight already?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
You don't have too high ball flight. No worries buddy. Moat of us that think we hit the ball too high are not

Now to the model,V series or 815 or GBB. Hmm though choice. Also I would like a Rouge shaft with it. Off to check options.

James,wouldn't that be too much loft? You saw my swing this weekend,you think it will fit in well with my super high ball flight already?

Or BB 2014. They have a few stiff flex 7w's on CPO

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I think a 4 wood, 16.5 to 18* (versatile for off the tee and the rare shot off the deck), a 19 degree hybrid, and a 23 degree hybrid would give you some nice gaps. Keep the 5 iron in the bag, as I have seen you his some great shots with it. If you want to replace that too, then you can look at a 26* hybrid or so

Thanks. I was thinking 4 wood for the tee and hybrid for the long shots, the reason I wanna drop the 5 is because the cobra is like 20 at 4 and 22 at 5 and the Rocketbladez 5 is a 23.

Or BB 2014. They have a few stiff flex 7w's on CPO

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Might have to check them out tonight. Thanks Ryan.

So your saying I should be pondering the Divine nine then? Funny I was actually thinking about that one yesterday ;)
You would be one of the few exceptions lol

possible dumb question but if I am used to tour v 110's and goto a 130g graphite shaft would that be contradictory? I am also pondering graphite in my irons to help with back and hip issues but I am afraid of getting irons that are too light and/or throw the ball way up in the air.

of course "way up in the air" probably shouldnt be a concern in light of recent flightscope data.

They key is remembering graphite doesn't automatically mean higher or more active. With most graphite now you get the benefits of it and steel all in one package. The heavier programs and the non 680/780 recoils are a great example of this imo.

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Thinking of Reconfiguring the bottom of the bag to tighten up some gaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have absolutely no idea what to ponder. There's an awful lot of excitement on the horizon.

How about a King LTD fairway? Yeah let's go with that.

I have the itch to ponder and spend but I'm extremely happy with my current setup.

I have absolutely no idea what to ponder. There's an awful lot of excitement on the horizon.

How about a King LTD fairway? Yeah let's go with that.

Yes let's do that, I need something in the 4 wood range...looking for a distance off the tee.

GBB 3w thanks to Fupy. To test the necessity or benefit of the mini.

GBB 3w thanks to Fupy. To test the necessity or benefit of the mini.

Is this a versatility thing, or a distance thing? Or C, all of the above?

I hated playing 3W off the deck so I never played that shot.

I love that shot now. GBB made my Bertha Mini useless.

Ping Tour Gorge Wedges.

Last edited:
haha bro you've got distance off the tee with every club you hit.

I'm looking for a window though....shorter than the 2 or 3 deep. I do have a 5 deep that I could use I suppose.

I hated playing 3W off the deck so I never played that shot.

I love that shot now. GBB made my Bertha Mini useless.

Honestly Fup, how often do you need that 3 wood off the deck? I ask you this before our Canadian brother does....cause he hit me with it a while ago

With how automatic the smaller profiled HW is for me off the tee and deck compared to the mini, the move back to a standard 3w may be beneficial. I can hit the mini off the deck ok, so I'd bet I can kill a standard 3w there now.

Distance doesn't really matter there for me, I've got distance, I want confident. But speaking honestly, I showed this weekend I could just hit HW off the tee all the time, play to numbers, and leave myself a pretty tidy scorecard.

Who knows, pondering is fun! Haha

Honestly Fup, how often do you need that 3 wood off the deck? I ask you this before our Canadian brother does....cause he hit me with it a while ago

I was always afraid of the 250 - 270 yard shot on par 5s. I like having it now and putting eagle in play of 500-550 yard par 5s.

I was always afraid of the 250 - 270 yard shot on par 5s. I like having it now and putting eagle in play of 500-550 yard par 5s.

You speak of a game I know nothing about bro

It's a great leaning post :)

Ouch. Tallying up the potential ponders right now are painfull.

GBB Driver
VSeries or GBB Heavenwood & Divine 9
Apex CF16 5-PW
MD3 50* & 56*

Painful right now. One step at a time LOL. Thankfully I like my putter and 5W right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back