2015 Wilson Staff Tour For THPers - Staff Proto

I have to wait that long to get all the details? Dammit lol

Congrats on the PB Rusty

I won't presume to speak for the others, but I'm just as excited to tell you about them as you are to hear.

And a contest for the participants still looms as well as another one for THPers that weren't there.

Contests are fun!

Got to take the new Wilson Staff sticks out for a ride today. Gap wedge served me the best today. Helped me keep some shots from the 100-105 yard distance close without trying to finesse and full swing. Distances are all over the map from shorter and longer than my prior clubs but with the cold and with the wind today was very hard to pin point any gains or losses. This will take time to gauge. I'll have some trackman access soon so I'll get some good numbers for comparison purposes.

Highlight was the Wilson Staff Duo Spin golf balls. Wow. I am sold. I had some holes with backspin which I rarely did before. The Duo and Duo spin will absolutely be in my bag from now on. And with the great price they are at, just makes it that much more of a plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I've been collecting divot tools from every course I play, and I completely forgot to grab one from Highlands, I was a tad excited about these new sticks. So I emailed the course and they're sending me one tomorrow! Pretty awesome of them!

And a contest for the participants still looms as well as another one for THPers that weren't there.
Very cool!

So I've been collecting divot tools from every course I play, and I completely forgot to grab one from Highlands, I was a tad excited about these new sticks. So I emailed the course and they're sending me one tomorrow! Pretty awesome of them!

I figured the solution would be to go back and play it again but I suppose this will work also. Very good of them!

First 18 since the Highlands.

Iron play was okay... I am having a hard time adjusting to the distances in comparison to my CB3s. The long irons are about a half club longer and the short irons are fairly close. I tell you what though, they do launch the ball in the air so freaking well.

I think I am really close with these things, so we shall see!

As others have said and I tried telling people... the Duo/Duo Spin is such a great golf ball.

First 18 since the Highlands.

Iron play was okay... I am having a hard time adjusting to the distances in comparison to my CB3s. The long irons are about a half club longer and the short irons are fairly close. I tell you what though, they do launch the ball in the air so freaking well.

I think I am really close with these things, so we shall see!

As others have said and I tried telling people... the Duo/Duo Spin is such a great golf ball.

I used to call that ball the "Do-over" since it seemed like every time I played it I was hitting 3 off the tee. After spending some more time with it though, it really is a good ball.

Got another round in with these this morning. I cannot get the distance and/or the direction down. My miss is always right and my yardage is so off its not even funny. These things are so long. They feel fantastic, and the ball gets up in the rather quickly. Just a guessing game at the moment. Hopefully I'll get another round or two in before old man winter comes roaring through here

Got another round in with these this morning. I cannot get the distance and/or the direction down. My miss is always right and my yardage is so off its not even funny. These things are so long. They feel fantastic, and the ball gets up in the rather quickly. Just a guessing game at the moment. Hopefully I'll get another round or two in before old man winter comes roaring through here
I bet you have a swing like mine where sometimes you struggle to shut the face. I had the same kind of miss with my D200s and any other high-MOI club. Once I get that face open in my back swing I can't quite get it shut by the time I make contact. A few more rounds should help you straighten them out.

Edit: LOL, just checked your handicap. It's probably just that the heads are higher MOI than you're used to so they're not closing as quickly as you're used to.

I bet you have a swing like mine where sometimes you struggle to shut the face. I had the same kind of miss with my D200s and any other high-MOI club. Once I get that face open in my back swing I can't quite get it shut by the time I make contact. A few more rounds should help you straighten them out.

Edit: LOL, just checked your handicap. It's probably just that the heads are higher MOI than you're used to so they're not closing as quickly as you're used to.

I used to draw the ball. Even hit a hook sometimes. With these it's just straight right. No fade, just flushed straight right. About 10/15 yards right of where I'm aiming.

I used to draw the ball. Even hit a hook sometimes. With these it's just straight right. No fade, just flushed straight right. About 10/15 yards right of where I'm aiming.

Not much workability with these for you?

Not much workability with these for you?

Not at the moment. I've managed to draw a couple, but those were not so good swings lol. I will say the sweet spot is LARGE. I've caught quite a few high on the face, that still go about 80% of the yardage intended

Not at the moment. I've managed to draw a couple, but those were not so good swings lol. I will say the sweet spot is LARGE. I've caught quite a few high on the face, that still go about 80% of the yardage intended

This sounds like exactly what I need from an iron set. I think I am going to have to hold off on ordering the XR's until I find out more information about these irons.

That type of forgiveness is awesome!

Different weighting on head/shaft combo.. Higher MOI is going to alter your misses and bit -- What might have previously turned left on contact may now be more inclined to go straight on your swing plane direction..

You've got a great and powerful swing my dude. I can't wait to see what a couple sessions creates with that fancy new distance.

Weren't you playing musclebacks for your prior gamers?

I hope AJ didn't hit these. 200 yard 9 irons would make me puke

He hit 1 5 iron from 220 into a stiff wind. Lol

I hate him. Now you know how I feel playing with you

I was wondering if you were shown anything new in gloves,accessories. I did see online that the Nexus has been updated. It has three dividers now.Also are there putter updates. I did not read any comments and wondered if you were asked not to comment.

Back