Comfortable Shoes

Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
Looks like I am in the market for new shoes. Bought a set of FJ Contours (which are for sale in the market place) and they hurt my little toe late in the round. I think I need a Wide as the rest of the shoe fits great. I was just curious for those who play a lot which shoes you think are the most comfortable as I am fixing to not be cheap and buy a good pair. If all else fails I can just go get a wide in the contours as they are good shoes I just didn't get the proper size.

Nike Lunar Control II, especially if you can find leftover 2013s. Most comfortable golf show I've worn.

Adidas Boost are pretty comfortable imo.

Looks like I am in the market for new shoes. Bought a set of FJ Contours (which are for sale in the market place) and they hurt my little toe late in the round. I think I need a Wide as the rest of the shoe fits great. I was just curious for those who play a lot which shoes you think are the most comfortable as I am fixing to not be cheap and buy a good pair. If all else fails I can just go get a wide in the contours as they are good shoes I just didn't get the proper size.

It's a tough question because all feet are different, with arches that differ and width -

For me, I find Ecco, the Biom Lace, as the most comfy - I found deals. The Biom Hybrid 2 is comfy but I moved up another size -- it is Euro sizing, so you must try on.

I do not find Adidas as comfy - great tech, but narrow toe box, even in wide. I need to move up a full size to get something that fit -- the last is just too narrow although if the size is large enough, they are comfy - I just don't like the last.

I also use $40 insoles that you warm up in the oven and squeeze into the shoe, and then foot, wear them for 5 minutes, so the insole conforms. It helps, depending on the shoe. For Adidas, I used them; for Ecco, no.

I've found shoes that are too tight and too cushy - not good for my game. I want to feel the slope of a green, and I can't do it if the shoe doesn't give a little.

I have a few pairs of golf shoes and just about every current model out there. For me there is no question that the Puma BioDrive are the most comfortable in the toe bed region and its not close.

Biodrive.

Adisport S, not only do I wear then for golf, I also wore them to football games on Saturdays. They are waterproof and still breathable, and after 8 hours walking around the field my feet still felt great.

I second Lunar Control IIs! I have about 5 pairs that I rotate, and replace spikes. They are so comfy!

I've been able to keep all of mine looking great over the years too. When I replace the spikes, I pull out the insert, and run them separately through the dishwasher. Works like a charm

I have a few pairs of golf shoes and just about every current model out there. For me there is no question that the Puma BioDrive are the most comfortable in the toe bed region and its not close.

Puma seems to get a lot of love. They are on my checkout list.

I've been playing in the FJ Project M spiked shoes this year and they are by far the most comfortable spiked shoes I've worn, ever. They're on sale now but you will probably need a wide, I did and normally don't, and those seem to be hard to come by (in my size anyway)

For you nike people how are the TW shoes? The TW 15 from a looks perspective catch my eye

For you nike people how are the TW shoes? The TW 15 from a looks perspective catch my eye

The TW shoes are my favorite. They're comfortable yet stable. I love how they feel as I address the ball and through the swing. I walked 27 holes with them on a day once with no issues at all.

Another vote for Ecco Biom Hybrid

I agree with others about the Biodrive. I also find the TrueLinks Motion shoes to be extremely comfortable in the shoes, maybe a touch more room in the toes over the Bio's. On the other hand the Bios look nicer and fit my foot better, overall.

Biodrive's are amazing. Reminds me I need to pick up some more colors.

The puma bio fusions are incredible. Can be found pretty cheap online too

For me Adidas Boost. I wore my non boost shoes during this past weekend round and my feet were sore the next day compared to my boost shoes.

For me Adidas Boost. I wore my non boost shoes during this past weekend round and my feet were sore the next day compared to my boost shoes.

I had a pair of the addicomforts. Worst shoe I ever owned.

I had a pair of the addicomforts. Worst shoe I ever owned.
Can't say much about them since I had to look them up but the boost technology is legit. If you are able to go try a pair on.

I have been wearing FJ Contours for the past 15 years or so, best golf shoe IMO, but, as always get properly fitted.

Boosts are super comfortable but I got mine the first week of may and the front outer spikes are already worn out and they are not replaceble.

Ecco Biom Hybrid.
I really like the BOA lacing system, and I now have two pairs of shoes with that - FJ M project and (just purchased) Adidas Tour360. Both very comfortable, but FJ more so.
I have had poor luck with Puma sneakers, they seem to run small. I need to check out their golf shoe line for comfort, but lots of folks love the Puma Biodrives.

I don't own any of the Puma Bird Biodrives but they are on my list.

I have to echo the Ecco Biom Hybrids as the most comfortable that I do own. Have some of the first iteration and 1 pair of the newest version. Great for walking!

I just grabbed a pair of the Skechers and love them. I got the brown ones. May be the most comfortable golf shoes I have had.
$_35.JPG

Back