Playing With ________ Girl Or Guy.

I play with old guy, every other word was the F.. word. He started complaining about everything course, players, equipment etc. After the second hole I stay away from him as far as possible. By the 17th hole I found out that his wife is a coworker of mine. She is so quiet and very nice.
I hate playing with guys that light up a cigar in the first tee, if I wanted to smell fumes for four hours, I would not go to the golf course, I would just go to the nearest Los Angeles Freeway and suck on the all the gas fumes!!!!

Yesterday I played with "hey that's my ball" guy, who found it necessary at one tee to scream to the guys coming up the other fairway that they were about to address HIS ball. They were at least 200yds away and there was NO WAY to tell if they were really about to hit his or perhaps their own ball in the same vicinity. I told him to calm down....its not like you're playing a proV1 ...you're playing a top flight you bought at Wal-mart. Embarrassing.

i miss diane :sad:

Today I played with Yoda... I swear, this guy gave me so many good tips on my game that I feel like I just paid a pro for 3 months of lessons! Most fun I had in a long time...

I hate playing with the guy who has no understanding of the golf swing, but has received tips on how to hit the ball straight. Complains all the way down the hole. Tries to hit 5 woods from deeeeeep rough, and doesnt understand why it doesnt work.

I hate playing with the guy who has no understanding of the golf swing, but has received tips on how to hit the ball straight. Complains all the way down the hole. Tries to hit 5 woods from deeeeeep rough, and doesnt understand why it doesnt work.

guessing that guy is you? :D

Lets see. I have played with three types-

Inconsisant Sensei- The guy who taught me how to play. Capable of shootingg 75 but cant break 80 because of blow up holes. Also EXTREMELY strong. I have witnessed a 350 yard drive uphill from him. I have also seen him chucck his driver 100 yards, swear, and whisper, Dont tell your Mom about that.

Why did we drag these kids along guy- Friend of Dads, back whenn Dad would hit sometimes. We were in thhe same cart, and he didnt say a word to me the whole round.

What do you think guy- My best friend, just started this year, keeps asking me what shot to play.

Frick I hope not. LOL

I feel I have a fairly strong understanding of the golf swing. Replicating it is always the hardest part obviously.

lmao. thats my type. 'I know what to do i just cant!' is my catchphrase

This thread is amazing rofl. My favorite is the guy who hits the ball 350 yards but its always about 50 yards sideways, and with each hole you can see it grow and grow, and by the 12th hole he launches his driver after his 8th consecutive missed fairway.

It's like a powder keg, and everyone else in the group is making a sidebet on what hole its going to happen.

my brothers an i played with "i have some great property in panama to sell you" guy on sat... he was hilarious and he kept telling my brother that he would love panama

This thread is amazing rofl. My favorite is the guy who hits the ball 350 yards but its always about 50 yards sideways, and with each hole you can see it grow and grow, and by the 12th hole he launches his driver after his 8th consecutive missed fairway.

It's like a powder keg, and everyone else in the group is making a sidebet on what hole its going to happen.

Oh yeah that's muni golf all day long. Not to say that those players aren't elsewhere but I tend to see that more on the muni's than the nicer resort courses.

Yesterday on the 7th tee I joined up with "already baliistic Dad" and "blissfully ignorant son". Dad was flying off the handle over everything. (On the 14th he drove up to the group in front of us to accuse them of cutting in front of us......when I know they didn't) And the kid wasn't helping either running around picking at flowers, getting distracted by anything shiny, and having to be reminded it his turn to hit. Then the kid would tee off and CRUSH IT STRAIGHTER than his father. So what started off as a peaceful round by myself turned into a very uncomfortable situation.
The worst part is right before I finished the 6th hole I had a choice: Join what seemed like a father son duo that was playing at a nice pace in front of me. Or the two stoners I saw smoking their car in the group behind me. Now I have nothing against weed, if you knew me 10 years ago when I was in college this wouldn't even be a question, so that stuff doesn't bother me. But i'm 31 now and slow play DOES bother me. Boy did I pick wrong.....

Yesterday I played with "make an excuse and hit another" guy. I ended up playing 9 after work by myself and got put with this guy. On the first tee he hit a shank left. He said that his own shadow has distracted him, so he teed up another. It was the first tee, so I didn't think anything of it.

Then, on the first green, he left his first putt about 10 feet short. He walked up to his ball, said that there was mud on it, and then walked back to his original spot and had a redo. These antics continued for the entire 9-holes, despite my snide jokes such as "hmmm, you must play by a different set of local rules."

Here is a collection of some of my favorite excuses of his:

* That guy zipping up his jacket on the other fairway bothered me.
* That bug landed on me during my backswing
* The guy on a bike on the path 75 feet away was changing gears as I was swinging.

ALways causes at least 4 fat shots a round for me.

Yesterday I played with "make an excuse and hit another" guy. I ended up playing 9 after work by myself and got put with this guy. On the first tee he hit a shank left. He said that his own shadow has distracted him, so he teed up another. It was the first tee, so I didn't think anything of it.

Then, on the first green, he left his first putt about 10 feet short. He walked up to his ball, said that there was mud on it, and then walked back to his original spot and had a redo. These antics continued for the entire 9-holes, despite my snide jokes such as "hmmm, you must play by a different set of local rules."

* The guy on a bike on the path 75 feet away was changing gears as I was swinging.

hahahaha, sorry to hear this. I hate the excuses. The only time I get mad or make an excuse is when people talk in my back swing

Last weekend I played with "older guy that complains he can't hit it as far as he used to back in the day". However, every shot he hit was straight as an arrow. I'd be off in the right rough 40 yards further off the tee while he has the sweet middle of the fairway lies all day long. Told him I'd gladly give up the extra distance in trade for middle of the fairway every time. He hit 14 of 14 fairways that round....

Last weekend I played with "older guy that complains he can't hit it as far as he used to back in the day". However, every shot he hit was straight as an arrow. I'd be off in the right rough 40 yards further off the tee while he has the sweet middle of the fairway lies all day long. Told him I'd gladly give up the extra distance in trade for middle of the fairway every time. He hit 14 of 14 fairways that round....

Erica's grandpa is like that, though he doesn't really complain. Dude is and up and down machine.

I just played behind "in a company league, never played golf and think it's cool to bring a boom box on the golf cart" guy. He was blasting music the entire front nine. At the turn, went back to the front. Normally wouldn't bug me too much but they were SLOW as can be as well.

I just played behind "in a company league, never played golf and think it's cool to bring a boom box on the golf cart" guy. He was blasting music the entire front nine. At the turn, went back to the front. Normally wouldn't bug me too much but they were SLOW as can be as well.

Must have just watched caddyshack or something before he come out on the course. Probably thought he was cool.

I played at a course a few weeks ago while a turny was going on, they had a guy with a boom box, It cracked me up.

last week i played with another "you cant reach them from here" guy
i was duffing it off the tee and i caught one off the heel that went down the middle about 150
so this guy im paired with is pulled up beside me while im waiting to hit my 2nd shot on a long par5... guys in front are about 230 out waiting for the green to clear
he says to me "you cant reach them from here... go for it"
im looking at him like uhhh yeah i can but hit anyways
pured it... flew their cart and landed in front of them
i looked at my "partner" with a youre a dummy look
i had to go apologize to those guys in front

even if im playing with a duffer... i still give him the benefit of the doubt when guys are in front... everyone can hit a bomb every now and again

amen bogey gotta watch out for the peer pressure!

last week i played with another "you cant reach them from here" guy
i was duffing it off the tee and i caught one off the heel that went down the middle about 150
so this guy im paired with is pulled up beside me while im waiting to hit my 2nd shot on a long par5... guys in front are about 230 out waiting for the green to clear
he says to me "you cant reach them from here... go for it"
im looking at him like uhhh yeah i can but hit anyways
pured it... flew their cart and landed in front of them
i looked at my "partner" with a youre a dummy look
i had to go apologize to those guys in front

even if im playing with a duffer... i still give him the benefit of the doubt when guys are in front... everyone can hit a bomb every now and again

I know what ya mean russ. I usually wait till the group is on the green or chippng on before I even drive the ball. Either way you're going to have to wait on them so I figure I'd rather play a continuous hole rather than stand and wait before every shot.

Back