WGC - Bridgestone Invitational [spoilers]

I know he won't contend and sure as hell won't win but I do see Tiger creeping up the leader board the rest of the weekend, no way he can keep playing this awful!

I keep saying that every round and he keeps putting up the big number.

I keep saying that every round and he keeps putting up the big number.

I'm in that same boat. I don't think he will make any kind of run this weekend. His swing is allover the place and he has a double miss. It's hard to play to a miss when yoou don't know which one to fight. His short game is really bad too. I don't know what to say other than every player goes through this, I just hope he has his aha moment soon.

Butch Harrmon loves those short drivers, isn't he the one who had Tiger swinging a 43.5" driver?

i got ten bucks saying he'll be top ten

I accept paypal, and money orders.

Another great start for TW. +3 so far on the day and on pace to finish near the very bottom of this one.

I had the bet made on wednesday. and no i dont gamble often. wow TW sucks. lol
I accept paypal, and money orders.

Another great start for TW. +3 so far on the day and on pace to finish near the very bottom of this one.

I had the bet made on wednesday. and no i dont gamble often. wow TW sucks. lol

It certainly seemed as though you were offering it with that post.

i dont even think a 59 will get him in the top 10. (depending on how he finishes today)

maybe if he misses a few trees here on the last 2 holes he might be able to get in the top 75 today.

He is 14 shots out of 10th place. And the bad thing is, the leaders haven't even teed off today lol

The bet is called off if he WDs. So that seems to be my last saving grace now.

THAT is a lucky out for you Thainer! Even if he WD's in the last round, say 15 holes in and is out of 10th place by 18 shots?

I can see someone saying OK, if he WD's before the tournament starts the bet is off, but if it happens during, especially since it really looks like top 10 is all but impossible, why on earth would someone (not you, the person who you are betting with) make that bet with that kind of an out?

Who would have ever thought that Tiger woulds would be in the last five after 3 days?

Yep. I said hes gonna be top ten. Or he'll play so bad he'll find a reason to WD.

and the guys like, put your money where your mouth is canadian. 10$ on either happening.

I took it like a fool

I wouldn't be surprised at this point if he withdrew from the PGA next week.

Who would have ever thought that Tiger woulds would be in the last five after 3 days?

All signs say that we all should have known. Look at his last 12 rounds of golf. Heck look at his last 12 months. Bright spots for one round or maybe even two, but no sign showing dominance like we have remembered.

Tiger just needs a night out on the town, a couple of Ho-ho's and he should be good :D

All signs say that we all should have known. Look at his last 12 rounds of golf. Heck look at his last 12 months. Bright spots for one round or maybe even two, but no sign showing dominance like we have remembered.
I know he's been playing like crap but this is something different. He looks like a complete hack out there this weekend missing even the easiest of stuff. I would agree with Frank Nobilo in that him losing the #1 ranking may be a good thing. Maybe it will bring the fire back because I think thats the problem right now. I don't think he wants it that bad. I don't think golf is his priority at the moment.

My honest opinion. Golf should not be his top priority at the moment, He has one messed up life right now and until he gets some of that straightened out i dont see much happening for him.

I know he's been playing like crap but this is something different. He looks like a complete hack out there this weekend missing even the easiest of stuff. I would agree with Frank Nobilo in that him losing the #1 ranking may be a good thing. Maybe it will bring the fire back because I think thats the problem right now. I don't think he wants it that bad. I don't think golf is his priority at the moment.

Normally I would agree in situations like this, but frankly the guy has not been the same since losing to Yang. Sure he has shown flashes of brilliance, but it has not been the same since then. I dont think its the divorce, the mind games, the rust, or anything of the sort.

I think the guy lost his swing. It happens to a lot of players. For those that are young, they may not remember just a decade ago when he went through a complete swing change and people thought he would never be the same. Its his swing again and in my opinion nothing else.

My honest opinion. Golf should not be his top priority at the moment, He has one messed up life right now and until he gets some of that straightened out i dont see much happening for him.

But it is straightened out now. THe lies are out, the cheating is out, the separation has happened, the payoff has happened. Now its what it is.

Back