The 2015 Grandaddy Live Update Thread - The Golf Trip Of A Lifetime

And to add to the post count thing, huge props to our THP event rookies. You guys were awesome this week. I have a feeling we will be seeing you all around here for quite some time

Post count means zero! Look at JRod. Barely 100 posts and has 5 HOF tags
I don't know about post count... but he definitely posted a few shots like this on me
37fd3113c6d01af53e9952d178726ba2.jpg

And he was cheering me on the whole way... just an awesome dude

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

And to add to the post count thing, huge props to our THP event rookies. You guys were awesome this week. I have a feeling we will be seeing you all around here for quite some time

I'll be back! I had a blast man and it was awesome meeting you!

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting a few pictures I don't think got posted over the last few days

0ea5cf829df7dd94bf4c6f600b1370cb.jpg

ccb2980ab976ff7fc5ffd0402db25c59.jpg

683684b7f89fd6e48789bae5d87ba5ca.jpg

beb54746a53b135504ec0a422d73d444.jpg

63f72591d47ae579ad5ee70edfe295ad.jpg

20aec1b7713cc2e66a51e15399e5056d.jpg

Great coverage and I really enjoyed the pictures of the event!

I've loved the coverage, the hospitality, the good vibes, been fun to follow. Must also say I love these courses and I'm not letting the winter go by without pulling in a few favors, calls will be placed soon!

Just landed in Elmira! Long day getting home but the ride on Cloud 9 is always smooth.....well except my landing in Chicago that was actually the worst landing I've experienced in a plane #BobAndWeave. Great pics Colin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you made it Harvy. James and I are now boarding our final leg, plane was delayed a little coming from an international flight.

I'm home. First thing the wife asked, let's see what you bought... Well here it is

d09eaa078f05b25c49431dcfc0cadb60.jpg

Man Ethan. Glad Velardo Is OK. Good thing he wasn't near any glass doors in the restaurant 

Well done Mike! Serious haul right there buddy

I'm home. First thing the wife asked, let's see what you bought... Well here it is

Impressive pick up Mike. Those are must have souvenirs. I know your wife understands.

And as I unpack I find more goodies

1fd203e1b079628133a54295e8172b81.jpg

I'm chiming in late, but let me just echo the chorus saying thanks to everyone involved in this. Obviously, everyone here would love to be there in person, but you all made the experience awesome for those of us at home too. A few years ago, I would have been skeptical that it would be fun to follow an amateur golf event online, especially when it involves mostly people I don't know (though I did know some this year thanks to The King), but the past few Grandaddy events (and a bunch of other THP events too) have definitely proven me wrong. This year took it up another notch though. I'm insanely busy at work, and I think I've still read every page of this thread.

And as I unpack I find more goodies

1fd203e1b079628133a54295e8172b81.jpg
You made out like a bandit. Those 1/4 zips are awesome. And is it wrong that among all that sweet stuff, the t-shirt is one of my favorites?

That's a haul Mike! Glad you made it home safely had a blast kicking it with you this week. Amazing.

Back to work for the ZooCrew at Callaway HQ.

b2d564b49f4bc34a1e9afb5f855cfbda.jpg

Haha, I can't see him giving up that belt anytime soon.

What an amazing few days at the Grandaddy of them all.

To my THP opponents: you guys battled hard, never giving up.

PhillyV, it was a pleasure watching you pound the 816 DBD into oblivion. You represented your Gauntlet MVP award with class.

Rallo, what can I say. Anyone whose name becomes a verb is definitely going to be a blast to play with. Everyone got Rallo'd several times over the past couple of days. Even a roof on the Dye Course. Fortunately just the roof and not the back window...

MikeyG, you were a worthy opponent for alt shot and a warrior in the singles. Your mind games, trash talk and blaring "Country-Gangsta" playlist would make JRod and Finley proud. You had me in a deep hole on the back 9 today. Fortunately, the Bertha Mini 1.5 and AimPoint Express finally showed up to help me eke out a win.

Misike, you got my vote for THP MVP. I honestly have never seen a 20hcp hit it that well off the tee. You had the GBB in such a groove like you'd had it for years. EDog fought hard but you were just so clutch with the Odyssey flat stick. You were unbeatable today. Like you said, probably the "round of your life". Otherwise, your name should be JRod.

JMan, you were an awesome Captain. You did things the right way. Open and honest communications. You made sure your team enjoyed every minute, and they did.

So many people to thank but it has to start with JB and GolferGal for running such a unique, positive golf website that allows for special experiences like the Grandaddy.

Huge shout out to Matt Wood and the folks at The Hideaway. This is perhaps the only private club in America that could pull off an event like this and have a membership to support it.

Everyone from Callaway that did tons of work behind the scenes to make it happen, including Nate, Steven, JNewt and of course our very own Darth Finley. Thank you.

Looking forward to reading all of the event recaps and reviews of all of the new gear.

Until next year THP...

43bc90d0282fb938565cb1f133b9b0d7.jpg

Thanks for the kind words Dnevs! It was awesome playing with you and getting to know you. Glad I could put a show on with the GBB and two ball fang. I can not wait to get back out and start hitting them. Keep in touch, until we tee it up again buddy!

Hahaha Velardo is the man. Miss you fellas already

You guys should be glad he has clothes on at all and not just the belt.

No walking boot for his toe injury???

I still can't get over how awesome our group was yesterday. Myself, Rallo, JRod, Hashtag Chad and Matt Wood. Such a good time

Mikeg with a serious haul, love it!!

Velardo is awesome. #thatsall

Back