The 2015 Grandaddy Live Update Thread - The Golf Trip Of A Lifetime

Nice day for 18! #GrandaddyAlumni

2bd580b547ddf9af7073548e10e85220.jpg

Bag still looks amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of reminiscing today with Nate. Miss my team and today brought back all the memories. Miss you guys and #FYF

A lot of reminiscing today with Nate. Miss my team and today brought back all the memories. Miss you guys and #FYF

Funny man, we must have been thinking the same thing today, I was reading this thread and the recap thread today...

I am also going to post this here for the record:

Dear #teamredemption, zoo crew, Morgan/JB and THP forum members,
I am writing this to let you know that I feel I did the granddaddy wrong. I had an absolutely amazing time at this once in a lifetime event but still couldn’t execute afterwards to do the event justice. You all provided The most amazing golf trip (and possibly vacation in general) ever known to the golf industry and yet I didn’t Do my part. I lost potential friends for life in all my team mates and betrayed the greatest company in golf. Post Granddaddy life took over and I did not follow up on my part of the deal...

I was at a point in my life where my wife of 1 year actually lived with me (we lived the first year of marriage in different states), we bought our first house, I was going on year 2 of my new job/career, we had a new puppy, drinking too much, and yet all these reasons are not valid enough that I couldn’t spend 10 minutes of my day on THP sharing the absolute greatness that was the 2015 #granddaddy of them all.

The more I separated myself from the forum the more guilty I felt, the more separation that occurred the less I wanted to log in. Several of my Team mates messaged me and made sure I was doing okay and reminded me of our agreement we made at that dinner table the first night to never walk away, to never disappear. I told them I didn’t and was just busy with life. That was not true. I felt immense guilt for not being here for you all. To discuss the epic adventure we just had together. To discuss the top of the line equipment we had just been given. To discuss the epic ass whooping velardo just put on us. To discuss the Hideaway! The more time that passed, the harder it was.... I tried to make several come backs but just couldn’t do it. I was weak

I have thought about the granddaddy almost everyday since leaving and heading home though. I have shared my experience with everyone I meet on the course. I let them hit my clubs, I rave about it in person, no one believes it was real. That is where I feel I did do the granddaddy justice! Spreading the word of THP and Callaway in person.

I am here to ask for forgiveness.
Forgive me JB,
forgive me Morgan,
forgive me JMan,
Forgive me Rallo,
Forgive me PhillyV
Forgive me Neb
Forgive me Tbaker
Forgive me DDec
Forgive me texashacker
Forgive me Harvey
Forgive me Misike
Forgive me Mikeg
Forgive me Zoocrew.

I will always remember those days we had together. I will always remember the bunker lessons from Roger as I get out of them with confidence on the next shot. I will always remember the granddaddy.

I am here to stay and Jman your post the other night about welcome back meant more than you imagine. I felt no Judgement and only embrace.

I am going to make a come back and be part of this community if you all let me.

This post is not about attention. Please do not take it that way. This post is truly about making a come back and making sure the next participants don’t make the same mistakes I did. THP is about more than just golf and I think we all know that. It’s about bringing people together around the love of a great sport.

Now let’s go back to the table and raise the glass! The 2018 Granddaddy is going to be more epic than ever! Go beat the zoocrew guys/gals! And if you don’t, you will still have the time of your life trying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7710154a9084f21e10d8dd6aa4b88a3f.jpg

Forgot to post this one as I headed out this morning! My favorite pull over!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There are only a handful of us left, but I’m rocking my 2015 bag today. Miss you guys and #FYF

00D82EFA-F8DF-47BA-9E32-88597AEA74E4.jpeg

I am about 20 pages behind on catching up on the aftermath but for people that watch stuff on line there is a recent video by the Bryan Brothers where they are playing a Christmas match and Wesley comments that he just put a new driver head on his shaft and he definitely has a new putter from earlier videos. This putter is a black head on a Stroke Lab shaft. Not sure if either are redacted but it seems likely. You never really get a good look at the driver head.

I am about 20 pages behind on catching up on the aftermath but for people that watch stuff on line there is a recent video by the Bryan Brothers where they are playing a Christmas match and Wesley comments that he just put a new driver head on his shaft and he definitely has a new putter from earlier videos. This putter is a black head on a Stroke Lab shaft. Not sure if either are redacted but it seems likely. You never really get a good look at the driver head.
This is the 2015 Live Update THread.

The 2022 Grandaddy hit me in the feels hard. I know a lot of the guys aren’t around, but I still miss everyone and the memories we created. I think it’s time to put this in a shadow box or two and count my blessings.
3C8DA4C8-B168-4D97-B666-099E6E00CA4C.jpeg

Every year each Grandaddy team gets some great apparel. In 2015 the shirts were a little big but the 1/4 zips and jackets were spot on.

this jacket is my favorite that we got. Heavy enough to keep warm on colder days, but light enough to not be too heavy. Also it serves as a rain jacket and somewhere @rallo tested it out to perfection

Merry Christmas!!!

30A71F03-8359-48FF-B958-F6B049292C9A.jpeg

Every year each Grandaddy team gets some great apparel. In 2015 the shirts were a little big but the 1/4 zips and jackets were spot on.

this jacket is my favorite that we got. Heavy enough to keep warm on colder days, but light enough to not be too heavy. Also it serves as a rain jacket and somewhere @rallo tested it out to perfection

Merry Christmas!!!

View attachment 9146290
Cool to see this thread pop up. Merry Christmas Mike!

This revives a blast from the past!!!

The 2022 Grandaddy hit me in the feels hard. I know a lot of the guys aren’t around, but I still miss everyone and the memories we created. I think it’s time to put this in a shadow box or two and count my blessings.
View attachment 9143846
Looks great. I still need to put a shadow box together from last year. That Hideaway ball marker / divot tool look good too.

Merry Christmas!!!

View attachment 9146290
One of the first people I think of when I think if the Grandaddy. The epitome.

Back