My friend's beginner swing

THE_Liam

Reaction score
Handicap
None yet
Last edited:
she's only touched a golf club 8 times? once a month for 2 months? her progress is INCREDIBLE. just keep at it and she'll figure out how to hit it longer. get her to fall in love with the game, then get a few lessons. she looks like she's been playing for years.

No video just sound. Can't watch.

Sorry Liam I am only seeing pictures. All I can say is that she need to push he hands forward at address. I like more of straight line from the left shoulder down to the ball.

I'd say she has a solid start. Pretty athletic swing. Video works on my desktop.

Freddie may be able to help if you can upload to YouTube, Liam.

Right, done. At long last they should work!

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll pass it along.

Some great action there...get her core and lower body in the mix and holy cow!

She has the arm speed. I'm with Freddie on this. I would like to see the hands set more forward at address, then see her rotating her left shoulder down.

This is the way it should look from the front when everything is executed perfectly - Notice the hand and arm positions. Also notice how the torso remains centered.

Cheers guys, I've passed all your feedback on :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

She has the arm speed. I'm with Freddie on this. I would like to see the hands set more forward at address, then see her rotating her left shoulder down.

This is the way it should look from the front when everything is executed perfectly - Notice the hand and arm positions. Also notice how the torso remains centered.

Actually her swing isn't executed perfectly. She starts her downswing with a hip turn that puts her right hip in the way of her right elbow causing her to unload her right arm with a punching motion. If she were to start her downswing with a lateral hip slide it would keep her right hip back allowing a free, unobstructed arm swing from the inside that would not only give her more hand speed but also allow her to carry her hands much more forward for impact. NO PART OF THE PIVOT SHOULD GET IN THE WAY OF THE ARM SWING NOR FORCE THE CLUB OFF PLANE.

Actually her swing isn't executed perfectly. She starts her downswing with a hip turn that puts her right hip in the way of her right elbow causing her to unload her right arm with a punching motion. If she were to start her downswing with a lateral hip slide it would keep her right hip back allowing a free, unobstructed arm swing from the inside that would not only give her more hand speed but also allow her to carry her hands much more forward for impact. NO PART OF THE PIVOT SHOULD GET IN THE WAY OF THE ARM SWING NOR FORCE THE CLUB OFF PLANE.

Nice post, you sound just like my instructor,the same exact lingo.He is also in the Golfing Machine and certified teacher from a instructor in Hawaii called Kelvin M.Good stuff, I seem to understand what your saying

Back