Skytrak golf site now up, $$$ ?????

You just running this off an iPad? Any thoughts of hooking up a projector?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You just running this off an iPad? Any thoughts of hooking up a projector?

Projector doesn't interest me. I have one but have no desire to run it that way. I have It running from iPad to a big screen tv via thunderbolt to HDMI.. It is really great to practice at home. Not playing a ton of WGT so far but I am loving the challenges.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After more use of my ST, I'm finding that my numbers are fairly off from the course.
I have a GPS and a laser that I use at the course. All my shots from a 7i and below are a hit and stick type of shot with a carry of 160 with my 7i and around 10 yards less with each club as I go down the bag.
My ST is telling me that my 7i carry is only 140. I wasn't sure if it was my off season swing or what, but tomorrow I'm going for a lesson at GolfTec and going to compare my ST to the GC2.

Are you setting the temperature humidity and elevation to match what it's like outside?

I have to come and check out your set up Rob!!

Are you setting the temperature humidity and elevation to match what it's like outside?

Yep. Set at 2600 elevation to match my normal conditions and set to 70*

Arwin what are your 7i spin and LA #'s

What type of mat are you using?

I'll have to go home and find the numbers. Too bad I can't look up my numbers online right now

After more use of my ST, I'm finding that my numbers are fairly off from the course.
I have a GPS and a laser that I use at the course. All my shots from a 7i and below are a hit and stick type of shot with a carry of 160 with my 7i and around 10 yards less with each club as I go down the bag.
My ST is telling me that my 7i carry is only 140. I wasn't sure if it was my off season swing or what, but tomorrow I'm going for a lesson at GolfTec and going to compare my ST to the GC2.

Have you brought your skytrak to the range and compared the numbers with actual distance? I've brought mine to the range the first two times I used it and the distances were pretty accurate. I was hitting on the skytrak today at home and was getting distances that were 10-15 yards off from what I usually see on the course. Knowing there were people reporting problems with distances...I was getting worried something was suddenly wrong with my unit. Hopped in the car and headed over to the range. Low and behold for the shots that I saw land right at the yardage markers, displayed distances were spot on....from 50yrd to 200yrd.

On another note. I received the tees to use with my skytrak so I don't have to keep realigning the unit

Here are my averages from yesterday:

Ball Speed: 108
Club Head Speed: 84
Launch Angle: 21.8
Backspin: 6374
Carry Distance: 146
Total Distance (with Firm course settings): 154

I played WGT again yesterday and it was a joke. I couldn't hit my driver more than 220 yards with the roll on St. Andrews. I thought the ball would've rolled out like crazy on St. Andrews.
Frustrates the heck out of me that I can't change where I'm aiming (or at least I don't know how to). It's also weird that I can't select the auto 2/3 putt when I'm on the green sometimes. Sometimes, it'll give me the option and sometimes, I'll have to putt it out.

I just noticed there's a new updated app for iOS with numerous fixes. Anyone try it out?

I just noticed there's a new updated app for iOS with numerous fixes. Anyone try it out?

Some of the fixes are related to bluetooth related - fewer connection drops from what I understand.

I just realized that when I first started using the ST, I was using my PC which was v2.1.
Last night and the previous sessions, I was using my iPad because I wanted to use WGT, which is on v2.0.

Hopefully the update will fix some of the issues I've been having.

Still going to do the comparison to the GC2 today at GolfTec in about 20 minutes!

According to trackman averages from the LPGA what your seeing is right for ball speed, LA, spin

So I just came back from GolfTec and compared my ST to the GC2.

Here are my numbers from today:

Ball Speed: 113
Club Head Speed: 89
Launch Angle: 19.9
Backspin: 6798
Carry Distance: 154
Total Distance (with normal course settings): 157

These numbers matched up very similar to the GC2 at GolfTec.

Now I suspect that my turf at home is really robbing me of the distance. Every shot at GolfTec felt nice and crisp. Their turf is much more forgiving than mine at home
At least I know my ST is working and I just need to work on getting ball contact to prevent the turf from killing my distance!

I did not get to test my driver against the GC2 though. Ran out of time.

Have you brought your skytrak to the range and compared the numbers with actual distance? I've brought mine to the range the first two times I used it and the distances were pretty accurate. I was hitting on the skytrak today at home and was getting distances that were 10-15 yards off from what I usually see on the course. Knowing there were people reporting problems with distances...I was getting worried something was suddenly wrong with my unit. Hopped in the car and headed over to the range. Low and behold for the shots that I saw land right at the yardage markers, displayed distances were spot on....from 50yrd to 200yrd.

On another note. I received the tees to use with my skytrak so I don't have to keep realigning the unit

Bought the same tees.. They work great with SkyTrak

I played WGT again yesterday and it was a joke. I couldn't hit my driver more than 220 yards with the roll on St. Andrews. I thought the ball would've rolled out like crazy on St. Andrews.
Frustrates the heck out of me that I can't change where I'm aiming (or at least I don't know how to). It's also weird that I can't select the auto 2/3 putt when I'm on the green sometimes. Sometimes, it'll give me the option and sometimes, I'll have to putt it out.

Just drag the aim stick to your preferred target.

There is a known distance problem with woods specific to WGT. It is up to WGT to fix it, but SkyGolf has made them aware of it.

I seem to be in the minority of Skytrak owners in that I don't get upset over these shorter distances. As long as it is consistent, you simply go up a club (if possible) or adjust your game accordingly. Just like in real life. I was always more concerned with lateral accuracy, and it has been very good for me in that regard.

If I were to want to take my Skytrak to do a club testing, I would bring one of my own clubs as a baseline so that I can compare apples to apples when seeing differences. That takes the guesswork out of the equation.

So I just came back from GolfTec and compared my ST to the GC2.

Here are my numbers from today:

Ball Speed: 113
Club Head Speed: 89
Launch Angle: 19.9
Backspin: 6798
Carry Distance: 154
Total Distance (with normal course settings): 157

These numbers matched up very similar to the GC2 at GolfTec.

Now I suspect that my turf at home is really robbing me of the distance. Every shot at GolfTec felt nice and crisp. Their turf is much more forgiving than mine at home
At least I know my ST is working and I just need to work on getting ball contact to prevent the turf from killing my distance!

I did not get to test my driver against the GC2 though. Ran out of time.

Curious as to which mat you are using at home?

v2.1.1 iOS Release

v2.1.1 Release Notes

- Improved Ball Flight Model for driver shots
- Improved Club Head Speed Calculations for all clubs
- Ability to Collapse and Plot club Averages in Session History
- Ability to delete any shot from current session in Session History
- Upgrade to 1.4 Firmware for enhanced PC/USB support
- Added Metric for Distance Display
- Improved Data Sync
- Ability to Export and Email Session data as PDF
- Fixed shot data rounding issues
- Improved login process including ‘Remember Me’ feature
- Smoothed launch data animation
- Optimized Display
- Ability to send logs for troubleshooting
- Corrected issue related to right/left hand setting
- Improved challenge scoring
- Numerous behind-the-scenes bug fixes and enhancements

Curious as to which mat you are using at home?

The mat has a huge impact on the ball speed. I have a Country Club Elite and if you fat it at all it lets you know. I have improved my contact with the ball/turf quite a bit in the last few weeks because of this issue. I have never been a mat guy until the SkyTrak forced it upon me.

I have not tried the update yet... maybe this weekend.
I agree with RBarthle17 about WGT. you just have to deal with the numbers & adjust. I have had a blast with it. I do treat WGT as a video game and do not take it too seriously. I do not dig hit shots that register that short but I just play the shot to the best guess. I like the one shot challenges.

Where the ST has been great for me is 30-100 yards. Getting the flight and spin to better values. Once again... The ball/club/turf interaction is huge. Can't wait for some downtime around the holidays to TrakOut....

The mat has a huge impact on the ball speed. I have a Country Club Elite and if you fat it at all it lets you know. I have improved my contact with the ball/turf quite a bit in the last few weeks because of this issue. I have never been a mat guy until the SkyTrak forced it upon me.

I have not tried the update yet... maybe this weekend.
I agree with RBarthle17 about WGT. you just have to deal with the numbers & adjust. I have had a blast with it. I do treat WGT as a video game and do not take it too seriously. I do not dig hit shots that register that short but I just play the shot to the best guess. I like the one shot challenges.

Where the ST has been great for me is 30-100 yards. Getting the flight and spin to better values. Once again... The ball/club/turf interaction is huge. Can't wait for some downtime around the holidays to TrakOut....

I have the exact same mat (5 x 5) and I'm hitting into a DIY net. Short term this is OK but looking forward to getting ST sometime in the not too far future.

Noticed that we are using the same putter. I'm killing it on the putting mat but unfortunately it arrive well past the close of the golf season here. Of course the true test will be on the practice greens and then ultimately on the course. Still trying out a few other putters but this right now feels like it could be the one. Yesterday I sent email to Cure to have them send me a straight shaft but no response as of yet.

Not to get off topic.. Too Late... I love the Cure. It looks like a metal detector but as long as it detects the bottom of the hole I am cool with it. If it said Cameron on it everyone would have it in the bag. It is a great idea. If you do not like. You can change it. Let me know of the st8 shaft works out.

Back