Skytrak golf site now up, $$$ ?????

spudly

Reaction score
Handicap
Ok, the skytrak site is up and now showing the unit,anyone have any idea how much? they are at the Wyndham Championship this weekend with a booth, but I cannot find a price or how to order.

This unit looks nice, and seems to do what many high priced systems offer, but the kicker will be how much?

Anyone have any inside info?

www.skytrakgolf.com

Ok, the skytrak site is up and now showing the unit,anyone have any idea how much? they are at the Wyndham Championship this weekend with a booth, but I cannot find a price or how to order.

This unit looks nice, and seems to do what many high priced systems offer, but the kicker will be how much?

Anyone have any inside info?

www.skytrakgolf.com

it does look sweet and offers some good data. It would be nice to know how much. I was looking at the Flightscope xi+ and the game changer but couldn't see dropping $5k+ for flightscope and ~$6k+ for game changer.

I am right on the edge of dropping 7K for the GC2, but really like what this does, I signed up for the email alert on the site, just hoping it becomes available soon.

I am right on the edge of dropping 7K for the GC2, but really like what this does, I signed up for the email alert on the site, just hoping it becomes available soon.

Are you getting the simulator stuff and all bells and whistles with the GC2?

The unit is reconditioned, but the basic V-fit software is $2,000. This unit above may be the same price as the V-fit software alone, so I am waititng to see what happens. Hopefully since they are showing it publicly at the golf tournament this weekend, it means that they are close to making it available for purchase.

Well, color me intrigued.

The unit is reconditioned, but the basic V-fit software is $2,000. This unit above may be the same price as the V-fit software alone, so I am waititng to see what happens. Hopefully since they are showing it publicly at the golf tournament this weekend, it means that they are close to making it available for purchase.

Kind of my thoughts on this. I had a quote for just over $5k with the SW agreement and app on the flightscope XI+, at the time and even right now,couldn't justify the price. Definitely going to wait until the price for this comes out

Intrigued on the $$$$$ and how well it works

I would like to hear from someone who was at the Wydham this weekend, and stopped by the booth if possible. Contact phone numbers, company info, price, future capabilities, etc. If they are planning sim software with this, I really think I am a go as soon as it is available.

Based on what these units will cost, I am still trying to figure out how they are beneficial for the average golfer. Tiny niche market as of now in my opinion. I'll never tell someone what to spend their money on, I just find this to be counter productive in terms of chasing numbrs that may or not exist for a golf swing when what could be done is professional lessons and fittings for less.

Based on what these units will cost, I am still trying to figure out how they are beneficial for the average golfer. Tiny niche market as of now in my opinion. I'll never tell someone what to spend their money on, I just find this to be counter productive in terms of chasing numbrs that may or not exist for a golf swing when what could be done is professional lessons and fittings for less.
Gotta agree. Man I think I'd be hitting the ball pretty well if I spent 5k or more on lessons haha.

Chasing numbers is deadly for the golf game, I've seen it really scramble minds...mine being one.

I've read rumors of $1,000ish. Unsure I could even take advantage of a device like this, my $10 SwingByte already gives me way more numbers than I can understand.

I think it depends on where you are geographically. I would not be investing in a sim or this type of a unit if I lived somewhere warm in the winter. I need something that keeps me swinging during the frozen months and yet provides enough feedback to show that I am not developing bad habits, and also provide some fun at the same time. Your right, if I had my choice I would spend the 5K on a personal coach and be somewhere where I could use that advice all year long.

Unfortunatley, I live in Ohio now, not on the west coast, and until I can get back out there, I need a system that can get me though this hell hole from November to May, and yet not cost me an arm and a leg.

I think it depends on where you are geographically. I would not be investing in a sim or this type of a unit if I lived somewhere warm in the winter. I need something that keeps me swinging during the frozen months and yet provides enough feedback to show that I am not developing bad habits, and also provide some fun at the same time. Your right, if I had my choice I would spend the 5K on a personal coach and be somewhere where I could use that advice all year long.

Unfortunatley, I live in Ohio now, not on the west coast, and until I can get back out there, I need a system that can get me though this hell hole from November to May, and yet not cost me an arm and a leg.
You could just go to Golftec in the winter like I did

Yeah, except its a good drive, thats where I first hit on the GC2 unit. The setup I have now is in the house, and its really easy to just step in and hit for a while. I don't get wrapped up too much in numbers, there are a couple of us who like to gather during the harsh months and have some fun on the weekend. I had a P3 pro system with a projector and screen, and we all had fun playing a few mock rounds and throwing back a few Johnnie Walkers.

I am looking to step that system up a bit, and provide some better accuracy.

Id use it to practice into a net, or indoors. My nearest indoor golf is 90 minutes away. I dont think id go chasing numbers, but itd be nice to see my ball flight.

~Rock

agreed chasing numbers is futile and a terrible idea, artificially creating numbers by manipulating the swing will lead to terrible things when you step back on the course. I also think that money and time would be better spent on lessons and time with a pro.

But if you had the cash to drop on this type of device and got the information(training and knowledge) to interpret the numbers and what they meant to you and your swing/swing changes it can be useful. I spent a lot of time during #ohiotopia winter last yr hitting into a net on a LM and was able to make changes with the aide of my instructor.

agreed chasing numbers is futile and a terrible idea, artificially creating numbers by manipulating the swing will lead to terrible things when you step back on the course. I also think that money and time would be better spent on lessons and time with a pro.

But if you had the cash to drop on this type of device and got the information(training and knowledge) to interpret the numbers and what they meant to you and your swing/swing changes it can be useful. I spent a lot of time during #ohiotopia winter last yr hitting into a net on a LM and was able to make changes with the aide of my instructor.

Yeah, I will be using this or whatever device I get for part fun and part development. I have the whole external sim part setup, I have a net return simulator series with a nice projector and hitting mat with a putting surface. We had a great Super Bowl party last year with a closest to the pin challenge and long drive. So for me its just a guilty pleasure along with some side benefits.

I've read rumors of $1,000ish. Unsure I could even take advantage of a device like this, my $10 SwingByte already gives me way more numbers than I can understand.

How have you found SwingByte then? If it's just $10 (equivalent) then I'd be tempted by that...

Edit: How on earth did you get it for that price? Amazon looks to be £170 at best!

If its less than 2K and will have some sim software even in the future, I 'll buy it now. Really hoping that since they have gone public this weekend, a purchase price and contact number will follow soon.

How have you found SwingByte then? If it's just $10 (equivalent) then I'd be tempted by that...

Edit: How on earth did you get it for that price? Amazon looks to be £170 at best!

Seems pretty accurate so far, but it can quickly make you start chasing #'s because it gives you so many to think about. AT&T stores are selling their remaining stock for $10, they are really hard to find though ..not sure if you have AT&T cellular stores over there?

I personally wouldn't pay full price for it though, its cool and all but idk what half of the stats even mean.

Check out the homepage, THP has done reviews on the Swingbyte, Swingbyte 2.0, SwingTip, and several others. TONS of solid info on performance in them.

Check out the homepage, THP has done reviews on the Swingbyte, Swingbyte 2.0, SwingTip, and several others. TONS of solid info on performance in them.

Will do. Have to say I always come straight to the forum, really need to dig around the homepage a bit more. Cheers Jman.

If it is <$1200, is proven to be fairly accurate for ball flight, and could be used to play sim courses, I would get it.

Back