Skytrak golf site now up, $$$ ?????

Dan, I've only been on Skytrak a couple times and it's already been set up, so I don't have any thoughts on that. But what you said about being accurate with the irons and nothing above that is pretty spot on in my experiences. The first of anything is typically a learning experience, so if there is a second iteration, I'd expect a lot of the learning curve to pay off in terms of hardware.

Interesting read. I guess what I'm seeing is it does a marginally good job doing basic stuff but is quirky in ensuring you get good results. Trying to get the more expensive data just isn't there yet. If this was reliable and did what the others did for the price id really be interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting read. I guess what I'm seeing is it does a marginally good job doing basic stuff but is quirky in ensuring you get good results. Trying to get the more expensive data just isn't there yet. If this was reliable and did what the others did for the price id really be interested.

My takeaway is that it's an enjoyable unit to have rather than hitting balls into a net in a garage, especially during the months when playing outdoors isn't a reality.

Moving beyond that, I don't think it meets the expectations I have set forth in my goal to better understand the clubs I am hitting.

Windows has been supported for quite some time now. It is iOS and Windows only. No OS X, and no Android.

Awesome thanks. I checked last night and must have missed it on their site, I see it says windows now.

I've had my Skytrak for over a month and have had several sessions on it. Figured it's time to give my review on it.

Overall:
I think it's an excellent Launch Monitor for the money. It's currently the only device on the market in this price range that will give accurate and detailed feedback/data on actual ball flight. Perfect for personal home range use and practice.

Pros:
Small, portable, quick and easy to set up. I don't find it hard to level with the surface you're hitting on. The protective case they sell, while not robust, makes its easy to adjust the height and to make sure the unit is level.
It's Easy to align with the two laser dots in the align feature.
Accurate data. Ball speed verified with another radar device. Distance and ball flight verified visually at range. Balls that draw/hook/fade/slice, seem to show appropriate levels of left/right spin depending on how much the ball moves visually at the range.
Stable iOS app, has never crashed on me.
Shot delay not bad. Ready to go by the time you place another ball on the red dot.
Ability to export data from range sessions.
SIM option available with WGT and other options reportedly to come soon.

Cons:
Extra range features should not be a yearly subscription.
Customer support leaves something to be desired. often speak to people that don't seem to know much about the product.
Battery Level Indicator is not displayed accurately, even after the latest iOS update.
Only SIM option right now is WGT. WGT point of view is not first person.

Closing:
There have been reviews that question the data they get...ie crazy backspin numbers with driver, low and inaccurate distances. I have not had these issues and think it could be defective units. If you do decide to buy one, I would recommend taking it to the range and verifying the distances you're getting. It may not be as accurate as the GC2...but it also costs significantly less. Is it thousands of dollars less accurate? I'd say no. As I stated earlier it's perfect for home range use and working on your swing. But if you're doing a club fitting, need to have precise ball spin data and have the money for a GC2...I would opt for the GC2. Especially since you can add hmt which I would love to have to. But that again adds another thousands of dollars over the cost of the skytrak.

Hello everyone. Glad I found this site!

Had golf simulator equipment installed by Par2pro in Edmonton just before Christmas. Using Skytrak as well. Love the skytrak price point but unfortunately experiencing the same distance issues throughout the bag from 60 degree wedge to driver. Seems around 10% - 15% too short for me and others that have had over to test. Outdoors normal drive is 250-270, max Skytrak is 225. Similarly 3 wood 230-250 outdoors max 210 Skytrak. 8 iron 160 outdoors 140 Skytrak, etc. all the way to 60 degree wedge which is 85-90 outdoors vs 75 or so Skytrak.

I have sent data logs in to Skytrak as requested and also should be getting a call from a gent named Howard (Skytrak software developer according to Skytrak customer support person I talked to yesterday) in next day or so to check a few more things before I send unit back to be replaced. Quite simply I believe unit is defective.

hit 30 drives at golf town testing Existing driver vs M1 on weekend and averaged 258. Took newly purchased M1 home and maxed out at 220. I really hope can get to bottom of problem because really getting into playing WGT when it is -30 C like last weekend. Just don't want to have to hit driver then 5 wood into all the 400 yard par 4s when outdoors would be driver 9 iron or pw.

Will update my experience as it progresses. Built my whole basement around the simulator and don't want to have to shell out another 4-5k to get a CG2 when Skytrak is working ok for many.

Hello everyone. Glad I found this site!

Had golf simulator equipment installed by Par2pro in Edmonton just before Christmas. Using Skytrak as well. Love the skytrak price point but unfortunately experiencing the same distance issues throughout the bag from 60 degree wedge to driver. Seems around 10% - 15% too short for me and others that have had over to test. Outdoors normal drive is 250-270, max Skytrak is 225. Similarly 3 wood 230-250 outdoors max 210 Skytrak. 8 iron 160 outdoors 140 Skytrak, etc. all the way to 60 degree wedge which is 85-90 outdoors vs 75 or so Skytrak.

I have sent data logs in to Skytrak as requested and also should be getting a call from a gent named Howard (Skytrak software developer according to Skytrak customer support person I talked to yesterday) in next day or so to check a few more things before I send unit back to be replaced. Quite simply I believe unit is defective.

hit 30 drives at golf town testing Existing driver vs M1 on weekend and averaged 258. Took newly purchased M1 home and maxed out at 220. I really hope can get to bottom of problem because really getting into playing WGT when it is -30 C like last weekend. Just don't want to have to hit driver then 5 wood into all the 400 yard par 4s when outdoors would be driver 9 iron or pw.

Will update my experience as it progresses. Built my whole basement around the simulator and don't want to have to shell out another 4-5k to get a CG2 when Skytrak is working ok for many.

have you taken your skytrak to the range to compare with actual flight and distance? Here's an example of someone else's experience with tested accuracy against trackman. No doubt there might be some defective/off skytrak's out there. But best way to test is to just take it to the range.

http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/skytrak/54613-test-vs-trackman

have you taken your skytrak to the range to compare with actual flight and distance? Here's an example of someone else's experience with tested accuracy against trackman. No doubt there might be some defective/off skytrak's out there. But best way to test is to just take it to the range.

http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/skytrak/54613-test-vs-trackman

Thanks. I wish I could but where I live the driving range won't be open until early April (if we are lucky).

So my driving range was (and will have to be) the GC2 at Golftown. I think I may ask the manager there if I can try the head to head comparison that Par2pro did on YouTube which showed how close the two units read.

Got through to Skytrak again today and they now want me to send unit in for testing but they seriously doubt anything is wrong with the unit. And will take about 3 weeks in the dead of winter. Not sure how I feel about sending a $3000 Cdn unit away in the mail! Bring on the bubble wrap!

Thanks. I wish I could but where I live the driving range won't be open until early April (if we are lucky).

So my driving range was (and will have to be) the GC2 at Golftown. I think I may ask the manager there if I can try the head to head comparison that Par2pro did on YouTube which showed how close the two units read.

Got through to Skytrak again today and they now want me to send unit in for testing but they seriously doubt anything is wrong with the unit. And will take about 3 weeks in the dead of winter. Not sure how I feel about sending a $3000 Cdn unit away in the mail! Bring on the bubble wrap!

Hopefully it works out for you, and I'd love to see the continued results of your experiences!

For those not following the Skytrak updates at the PGA Merchandise Show. Skytrak has an updated version that now has the option to have greens on the range. It will show your percentages for greens hit. You can set the size and distance. Also has a new leveling feature built into the software. All you would have to do is make sure the unit is level with the hitting surface. You can see these on par2pro's video

I think I need to get a good demo on how to accurately setup the Skytrak for anything teed up.

I spent about an hour and a half with the unit a couple days ago, and I really think the numbers are close to solid (minus one out of every ten shots or so) with balls not teed up. Not entirely sure about the directional values and am still working that out, however I am much more satisfied with the numbers --- Up until I tee something up.

That's when things start to get a bit goofy for me. I look forward to spending some time on the range with it this year trying to pinpoint the variances. It's intriguing if nothing else.

Oh, and I still think it's ridiculous I have to pay a yearly fee in order to have a 'session' saved on the unit. That seems way over the top to me.

I really want one of these. Are you able to use courses from TGC yet?

Bummer, being able to build and play on your own course would be awesome.

They are in beta with TGC (have been for awhile). It will eventually be available on SkyTrak, question is when and how much. If you look on YouTube you can see some video of TGC and SkyTrak in action.

I think I need to get a good demo on how to accurately setup the Skytrak for anything teed up.

I spent about an hour and a half with the unit a couple days ago, and I really think the numbers are close to solid (minus one out of every ten shots or so) with balls not teed up. Not entirely sure about the directional values and am still working that out, however I am much more satisfied with the numbers --- Up until I tee something up.

That's when things start to get a bit goofy for me. I look forward to spending some time on the range with it this year trying to pinpoint the variances. It's intriguing if nothing else.

Oh, and I still think it's ridiculous I have to pay a yearly fee in order to have a 'session' saved on the unit. That seems way over the top to me.
I have to agree with you on teed balls. I have been using a Skytrac driven simulator for this off season, two units are at my buddies shop. I seem to be maxing out at 260 on drives teed up and that is a good 25 yards short. Using a rubber tee and setting the dot to just on the front edge of the rubber seems to put out the most consistent data. Off the matts it seems spot on.

Video looks pretty solid for tgc

I just can't get past paying 2000 for a unit and then having to pay a yearly fee to get anything other than a basic range.

I just can't get past paying 2000 for a unit and then having to pay a yearly fee to get anything other than a basic range.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.... but based on the fact that it's SkyGolf, does it really surprise? It's how they function as a company.

Don't disagree with the sentiment but don't downplay getting a fully working launch monitor that is insanely portable and is accurate for 1/5th the cost of any legitimate competition. That's a huge benefit to anyone's game.

For the simulation options that was never the original intention for the unit and that they've gotten one option out there within a year and are working on three more is remarkable as well.

Don't disagree with the sentiment but don't downplay getting a fully working launch monitor that is insanely portable and is accurate for 1/5th the cost of any legitimate competition. That's a huge benefit to anyone's game.

For the simulation options that was never the original intention for the unit and that they've gotten one option out there within a year and are working on three more is remarkable as well.

I think paying 100 dollars a year to see a session history is laughable.

..and let's be honest... it's a nice unit, but it's not perfect. Not even close.

Next winter I'll be helping my dad build a indoor simulator for his basement, and this right now is probably top choice due to lower cost. Really watching to see how you guys get it dialed in with balls off the tee. For home simulator play paired with TGC I think this would be fun.

Had a chance to get a GC2 with HMT for $2500 and still kicking myself for not looking into that deal. That would have been more than ideal.

Next winter I'll be helping my dad build a indoor simulator for his basement, and this right now is probably top choice due to lower cost. Really watching to see how you guys get it dialed in with balls off the tee. For home simulator play paired with TGC I think this would be fun.

Had a chance to get a GC2 with HMT for $2500 and still kicking myself for not looking into that deal. That would have been more than ideal.

That price is ridiculous.

Back