Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
APEX Hybrid, might have to try one again and see if I can round out the bag.

Joining a local Country Club.

Trying to decide where I am going to do a course membership this year, or if I just play different places every week instead. Range membership is a no-brainer at $100, but everything else is up in the air.

Hoping I end up with a golf bag stand for Christmas so I can get stuff organized.

New bag, new wedges, and possibly a hybrid are on the shopping list right now.

Debating dropping the 4i out of the bag to add a 64 PM grind going to a 5 wedge setup. Can count on 1 hand the number of times the 4 has been out of my bag in the last year but ending the bag at 60 leaves me with 1 club from 70 in, a 64 might just give more options. Keeping in mind our greens run 11-12 on a stimp meter and the only way to stop the ball close is send it in high since or greens keeper like to tuck pins behind bunkers.

Considering trading my Apex's for some I25's! Had the i20's and adored them... Been wanting the i25's since they've been released.

Considering trading my Apex's for some I25's! Had the i20's and adored them... Been wanting the i25's since they've been released.

I think you should head back to that thread on the 1 year equipment challenge.

Those are great irons! I played i20's for years and loved them as well... I25's are SOLID!

I think you should head back to that thread on the 1 year equipment challenge.

LMBOOOO... This is all secondary stuff.

And that was complete bag... And leave me alone, I don't think I could do it!!! Ha!

Those are great irons! I played i20's for years and loved them as well... I25's are SOLID!

Yes indeed... I played the i20's for quite some time as well! Always lusted after some i25's.

Hmmmmmm

If you liked the i20 that much, get those, no massive jump to justify the i25 imo. Gamed and reviewed them both.

I prefer the Apex, but sometimes you just have to scratch an itch!

If you liked the i20 that much, get those, no massive jump to justify the i25 imo. Gamed and reviewed them both.

I prefer the Apex, but sometimes you just have to scratch an itch!

Funny you say that... I've really been considering that. Read your thoughts on the i25's and noticed how you said it is not a huge jump in difference!

Its exactly that, it's scratching an itch. I found the i20s just a touch more forgiving and I prefer the higher ball flight just a little more as well. I don't dislike the Apex at all. I think the Tour V is just a little too much for me.

I guess it's time for my annual ponder to replace the oldest clubs in my bag, the RazrX 3h and 4h. I am thinking about the Apex hybrids (like the smaller profile but generally not a fan of the square toe design in hybrids) and the Apex UTs (beautiful but probably too much club for me).

That will start January 1 really going to try to stick with what I decide on for the whole year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It's not easy. So much great stuff.

Really need to try the new Apex irons out. High on the ponder list.

It's not easy. So much great stuff.
It really isn't. I think if I finally sucked it up and got a true full fitting by a great fitter and went in with an open mind it would be a whole lot easier though.

It really isn't. I think if I finally sucked it up and got a true full fitting by a great fitter and went in with an open mind it would be a whole lot easier though.

What fun is that?

What fun is that?
For the amount I buy and resell just to experiment I would welcome a true fitting that I stay hands off during.

Now putters on the other hand well I will always love them and want to have a few. Clubs I would like something I know is what I should be playing yearly. Not saying I want to spend years with the same clubs but would be nice to go longer than a month :)

New year will result in some changes :).

On that note I will say I am pondering a fitting and more putters

Just got fitted for my new mp5's today.

now pondering a set of mp-t5 wedges. Black ion.

Ping S series irons. hit some S56's in the store the other day and really liked them

ba5ef54941bde1264c9154909af11bb5.jpg

Such good results. But the price is a major OUCH...Canadian dollar weakness notwithstanding lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

ba5ef54941bde1264c9154909af11bb5.jpg

Such good results. But the price is a major OUCH...Canadian dollar weakness notwithstanding lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

That shaft up charge....woof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back