Could You Take The Challenge?

Only if they fit my game. Which means for me that I would have a chance to make any adjustments or changes in shafts , flex, length, loft, lie angle or club head after a brief trial of playing with the set on a regular basis for a week or two.

But once they were dialed in I could Game this hypothetical set for five or more years. Easily. Because once your equipment is dialed in the rest is repetition and practice.

Scratch baby here I come.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

As much as I love my current set...I would have no problem switching and staying loyal for at least a year. You never know, it could be longer.

If I picked the clubs, I'd have absolutely no problem playing them for the entire year, maybe even 2 or 3 years.

Easily. I don't work well with change, haha.

Im really surprised the overwhelming majority is on one side.

A lot of people in this thread have a career in politics in their future.

Edit: nvm it's not my place to say haha didn't want to offend

I think for me it's the fact that I'm a Callaway guy and I don't hit much else, so I cannot see any reason not to game this bag for the next year

Can't say I'm buying it either. With as many people that are actively trying to improve their game, there is no way you could say that any club will fit you for the entire year, much less a whole bag.

If they have sentimental meaning, maybe. If you've been playing the same game for 15+ years, sure. Otherwise you could be limiting yourself.

Can't say I'm buying it either. With as many people that are actively trying to improve their game, there is no way you could say that any club will fit you for the entire year, much less a whole bag.

If they have sentimental meaning, maybe. If you've been playing the same game for 15+ years, sure. Otherwise you could be limiting yourself.

Unless someone makes some serious swing changes during the year I don't see how an iron set purchased early in the year wouldn't for someone throughout the year. There are a lot of guys on here who like to tinker including myself but I know for me I can easily play the same set for the whole year and not see it limiting myself. I made some swimg adjustments this year and it didn't affect the irons I had or the irons I was tinkering with that weren't fit for me. It will be a challenge to not want to tinker but the op is about a challenge

A lot of people in this thread have a career in politics in their future.

The baited "if I gave you free stuff" question is going to lead to that. People are hoping that because of who posted the initial question that means its going to happen. I played the same clubs for 3 years without changing anything out. That was out of monetary necessity though. lol

The baited "if I gave you free stuff" question is going to lead to that. People are hoping that because of who posted the initial question that means its going to happen. I played the same clubs for 3 years without changing anything out. That was out of monetary necessity though. lol

For those that have been around THP long enough, they know that we have multiple events per year that come with golf clubs.

i wonder if you said 2 years if it would change?

Unless someone makes some serious swing changes during the year I don't see how an iron set purchased early in the year wouldn't for someone throughout the year. There are a lot of guys on here who like to tinker including myself but I know for me I can easily play the same set for the whole year and not see it limiting myself. I made some swimg adjustments this year and it didn't affect the irons I had or the irons I was tinkering with that weren't fit for me. It will be a challenge to not want to tinker but the op is about a challenge

Yes, I agree with what you are saying in your situation. You're a single digit capper, but for guys that are 15+ handicap there is room for major swing changes. Also you'd have to keep the whole bag, top to bottom, not just irons, for the entire year.

And it's just so much fun to play with bright shiny new toys!

Yes, I agree with what you are saying in your situation. You're a single digit capper, but for guys that are 15+ handicap there is room for major swing changes. Also you'd have to keep the whole bag, top to bottom, not just irons, for the entire year.

And it's just so much fun to play with bright shiny new toys!

I started the year of as a 15 and my swing changes weren't major and my hdcp actually dropped with improved putting and short game. I played z545s for most of the year outside of a few months of playing some rounds with Bridgestone DFs in a reg flex (normally play stiff).

the z545s came out if the bag at the end of the season for the apex cf16s. If it wasn't for me wanting the apex now the z545 would still be in the bag. I play with another guy who dropped from a 14ish to a 9 this year and is playing clubs throughout his bag that are a couple years old. Most of the guys I know play the same clubs for years before switching, until I came to THP I thought I was one of a few who switched a lot, but found so many here who switch a lot(then there is Kang who is in another world of his own :D)

imo anyone can play the same clubs throughout the year regardless of cap or even improvement. New shiny stuff is an attractive thing for tinkerers and even the thought of new tech gets people wanting to switch to something new and it may not be what's best for them.

Hmm, for me it might. I guess it would all come down to how well I'm playing. I know equipment doesn't help as much as we want it to, assuming good fit, but it's such a good excuse to use for the tinkerers among us (which I am one of).

I think I could even do two years. I think I'm at a level with my game that as long as I was fitted properly for my clubs I could stick with them. It would be hard just because I get bored and like shiny objects, but it could be done. Keeping a putter that long would be the hardest. It's always my putters fault when the ball stops going in the hole.

Hmm, for me it might. I guess it would all come down to how well I'm playing. I know equipment doesn't help as much as we want it to, assuming good fit, but it's such a good excuse to use for the tinkerers among us (which I am one of).

Right there with you. Two would be tough for me too, feel like I would be missing out on trying some tech that may mor may not improve my game, knowing it's my swing more than the equipment. New and shiny would be hard to ignore for two years

well....since I have had my putter since 1972....a year or 2 would be no problem...lol

wouldn't be too much of a problem

That still wouldn't be a problem for me. For those who know me they know my previous irons were in my bag for 10 years, woods have been in there for at least 5 years now, putter courtesy of THP for 3 years

Irons and wedges were changed this year and once I find the driver I like my bag will be sorted for quite some time

Now that I found a hybrid and putter I fell in love with, I could no doubt make it 2 years without switching. That includes the love of my life Chrome Soft!! lol

I just clicked a year of using my Driver, hybrid, irons, and putter. I swapped out my fairways (to one old, one new) and wedges (went back to my old ones). I like to pretend that I am content to continue playing them going forward, but I would be lying if I told you I wasn't looking at some clubs online last night.

I just clicked a year of using my Driver, hybrid, irons, and putter. I swapped out my fairways (to one old, one new) and wedges (went back to my old ones). I like to pretend that I am content to continue playing them going forward, but I would be lying if I told you I wasn't looking at some clubs online last night.

New versions of the same club line don't count, right? :alienthingy:

Back