What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woohoo! What did I win?

What. A. Day.

And what could have been. Dangit!

Southern Hills, Hawkinsville, GA

So, I started with a double on #1. Finished the front with a 43, about average.
The back though. It must have been the chicken salad sandwich I had at the turn.
I went on a freaking run, with some of the best shots I've hit all year, on the back today.
I shot a 39 with TWO double bogeys. #Boom

The highlights?
I had two Eagle putts on the back nine.
I drove a par four with my 4W (cut a corner over some trees-stuck right in the center of the green).
Bogeyed a tough par 4 that I first hit into water off the tee, then had to get out of a greenside bunker (knocked it to like a foot).
I shot an 82 without once touching my driver, used 4W to tee off all day.
And I got to hang out with a couple good dudes on a beautiful day right before Christmas.

Probably one more round to go to end the year. Hope this holds up for that round.

Good job, Toad!

And you extended your rounds with a birdie streak!

I got two today, which is awesome for me!

The wind didnt help out cause at all today lol. I am guessing you will be getting a new PB soon once you get used to your new found distance.

Was at Royce Brook today with my cousin. We played my usual tees, even at 40-45 degrees (par 72/71.5/130/6447 yds).

43-46=89 (ESC 87) with 28 putts (11 on the back)
11/14 FIR:love:
5/18 GIR :love-over:

I felt like I was hitting my irons better than that today!

Horrible hole of the day: I was at net par after 10 and then I decide to try to hit a high draw on the dogleg left #11. It turned too soon and I ended up in jail. I had a pretty equal shot forwards and slightly backwards to the fairway. I try to advance the ball and it ends up behind me. The next shot turned out the same way. I'm laughing because I brought this all on myself by trying something on the tee. I turn my 9i over and hit it lefthanded because some bushes are in the way of a righthanded stance. I hit a low shot that finally gets out of the trees and ends up in the bunker. I leave it in the bunker and then get out, but it ends up over the tiny green. Up and down for 9! I hit a second ball off the tee and it ended up in a perfectly decent spot, of course.

I had trouble with the different types of sand today (one fluffy, some damp, some just wet). I had six sand shots from four bunkers today and that annoys me; I just couldn't trust myself. I feel like the short game left me down today, although I got up and down quite a bit and I did put from off the front of the green on 18 for par after shanking my GW from 82.

45-43 yesterday in a muddy Cart path round. Started off with a 40 footer for birdie and had a slot of good shots. 32 putts which pretty good for me, only 1 3 putt. Kind of lost my way on a few holes and they all resulted in double bogies. Had a stretch from 12 to 16 of all pars then bogie double finish. I keep saying I am close, but really need to relax and trust the swing will be there and point and shoot. Ill get there, meantime more practice.

Forgot to add I had one of my best up and down for par probably of my life. Uphill par three playing 170 with the slope. Pull my 5 irons hard to the left. I was pin high about 30 yards to the left in the rough of an opposing hole. I hit a decent shot back to about 30 feet on the green. This is the hardest green on the course and it has no flt spots. It slope from the front down fast to the front. I was on the side of the hill and played my putt about 10 feet up on the hill. It climbed up the hill and trickled on down into the hole. probably the best put I have ever made. If it missed the hole it would have ran down off the green.

41/39=80, my lowest round in months. 12/14 FWs, only 3 GIRs but I got up and down 7 times. 27 putts with no 3 jacks because of the solid short game. Nice way to start off Christmas week.

41/39=80, my lowest round in months. 12/14 FWs, only 3 GIRs but I got up and down 7 times. 27 putts with no 3 jacks because of the solid short game. Nice way to start off Christmas week.

Nice shooting, Randy. Wish I could say the same.

Had a horrible front nine today (46). Came back a little on the back (42), but all in all a pretty poor day. At point on the front I was hoping for a rain out.

Had a horrible front nine today (46). Came back a little on the back (42), but all in all a pretty poor day. At point on the front I was hoping for a rain out.

That is much more in line with my last 2 months. The Pain Clinic appointment is 1/20/16 and is simply a consultation, I guess they will do the ablation sometime in Feb. This getting old really sucks as far as the body goes doesn't it buddy? Everything else is pretty nice.

That is much more in line with my last 2 months. The Pain Clinic appointment is 1/20/16 and is simply a consultation, I guess they will do the ablation sometime in Feb. This getting old really sucks as far as the body goes doesn't it buddy? Everything else is pretty nice.

Yeah, it's not for sissies, for sure. Good luck with the consultation and treatment, buddy.

Theres always next time! and some golf is better than no golf!

Theres always next time! and some golf is better than no golf!

Yes sir. Just looking at the weather pattern for tomorrow and there might be a chance to squeeze in a round again in the morning before the rains start again. This whole week was supposed to be a wash out, so, any golf is a bonus.

Went out today and shot 43/47 for a 90.

It could have been a great round. I had 2 birdies and 7 pars and was striking the ball decently. I lost my swing for 4 holes, 3 of which were doubles and I even took a 9 on a par 4. Ouch.

A very weird day today.
48/39 87 GHIN to 86.
39 putts, including a 4 putt. Only two missed fairways. Lost one ball (on my second shot). Three birdies in 6 holes to finish the round.

45/39 for 84. Best ever comp round. 29 putts in there. Had a 7 on one hole. 45 points for stableford comp. Winner on the day. Very happy.

I shot my second under 90 round with a 89. I love my XR's

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Feast or Famine round today.
45/48 93 GHIN to 89. Two 9's, one birdie. 30 putts, which ties my pb for putts in a round, with the SeeMoreZ3c.
I did not hit many fairways (7/14) which was the primary reason for the bad round. (Duh)

Feel your pain but, relative to getting old, I always keep in mind it beats the alternative. While getting old has its pains, I'm planning on getting real old. :D

Played Northview, The Canal... Forecast was 4 degree celcius with 90% chance of shower in the afternoon...

Played 10 holes before the rain was just too much to handle. On the 11th tee, my driver slipped out of my hands and went flying.... this is when we decided to leave! Ha ha

Dec%2022%202015_zps4lzkhkfy.png~original

Last edited:
91 (45/46). One of these days I am going to have a round with no blow ups.

I was five over on two holes on the front and nine over on two holes on the back (14 over on four holes, 7 over the other 14). On the back, I hit my only two sliced drives of the day; the first went into the woods on 14 (my next shot went way left and I couldn't find it so I went ahead and considered it 5 off the tee where I dropped it between hole 6 and 7 - - - not correct but penal enough, I thought) and finished with a 9, and then on 16 when I sliced it across the street. Three off the tee there and ended up with a 7.

Other than those two holes, I was crushing it as well as I could in the cold. Still getting used to the Long Bertha.

40/42 for an 82. I hit 12/14 fairways & 9 GIR. I'm absolutely adoring my Grandaddy setup. I'll have more in each thread, but I've got some thoughts in my head I want to share.

Played 9 holes at the spot. Cart path only and wet. Played 2 balls, Yellow B330 RX and White B330 RX. Shot 35 (Par) on the White and 39 (+4) on the Yellow. I am simply atrocious off the tee right now, but the hybrids and short game are helping save some strokes for sure.

I wish i was was going down to FL sometime soon. I need some Panda time. He always gets my driver in synch.

JM

Another good day today. Shot a +3 39 even 36 for a +3 75. That included a triple because i lost a ball OB and 3 birdies. We went out as a 5 today, my uncle and a few mates and we flew around, teed of about 9.05 and finished at 12.20 so just over 3 hours for a group of 5 is doing quite well i thought, that ranging from an 8(me) to a 23(uncle) handicap.

Shot a +16 88, 45/43...I can't bring myself to hate my game right now, but I'm simply not putting it all together on a hole to hole basis. My short game and putting just aren't improving.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Paladin/insights/share/81e22f72d3

That's the part of my game I figured I'd work into, and so far it hasn't happened. Is there a light switch that eventually flicks where you chip and putt better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back