Worst Golf Gifts - What Not To Buy A Golfer

I'm talking about those rental push carts . Where you just throw the bag on that is held by side bars and a bottom. Some of the high tech ones are killer cool . Those generic ones or rental ones are a sign of trouble ahead for me when playing (especially the rentals) . In our area they usually have a cooler draping from the back with beer and other non approved substances in them . This is from a long time muni player, usually they just equate to a long long long day if paired with them or stuck behind them. No disrespect , just a long time observation here

Nice try!! Why would anyone gift you a rental cart just to see you try to be nice about it? You are welcome to your wants and dislikes. At least stand by your convictions.

Cheap golf balls, golf ash trays, actually most anything you cannot us on a course. BTW, I have plenty to give away if anyone wants them. LOL
FYI, Jack Nicklaus says, If you are in a cart you are carting, not golfing. This game was made to walk. I am 68 and walk so anyone can. I do take a cart when the weather is bad. Our local muni got rid of those old pull carts.

Nice try!! Why would anyone gift you a rental cart just to see you try to be nice about it? You are welcome to your wants and dislikes. At least stand by your convictions.
Well there goes my Secret Gift Swap idea for next year…

I can understand you liking loudmouth when you were a bigger man. No one would dare comment. But now you have so many other styles you can drape over those shoulders. :D

very true Freddy, down to a mere 244 pounds, from a high of 400 pounds. the one thing I have going for me on ANY question of golf style.....I got six4three5 as my fashion consultant........look out for some sporty new threads for me next year.

Been bought these twice. Just no.

315mXkDqa9L._SY300_.jpg

Dude those are stylin'! The Zoo Crew probably would have just given up before a single swing if TR would have shown up sporting those.

From time to time I'll get a "golf jokes" book that's full of groaners.

I'd say that's about as bad as it gets. Or the glove that is a couple sizes too big.

Got one of those from my wife a couple years ago. Still in the tool box in the garage.

$48 to NOT pee on a tree? Really?

TRUVIS?

Do you mean the Drizzle Stick, that fits over your bag and goes in a club slot?
That thing is awesome!! Especially if you play on some course that has less than stellar carts and some are missing the rain hood altogether.

I'm not paying $48 to not help irrigate the environment.

The drizzle stick was great until mine broke somehow and I never replaced it.

I want some Truvis too, but I think Panda meant these:

41wUhv0KElL.jpg

I keep telling to ignore the madness. I think our reigning ncaa and us am champ uses a push cart.

There is an ignore function on here; we should use it more (I won't be offended if anybody uses it on me)

Maybe santa can sport you a Genesee Cream Ale head cover??????

That would be sweet to have and I've never had the Cream Ale.

hater, just a pure hater....lol

very true Freddy, down to a mere 244 pounds, from a high of 400 pounds. the one thing I have going for me on ANY question of golf style.....I got six4three5 as my fashion consultant........look out for some sporty new threads for me next year.

I don't think Loudmouth comes in denim?? But 244...good job, Maddog!

Dude those are stylin'! The Zoo Crew probably would have just given up before a single swing if TR would have shown up sporting those.

Well, I'll gladly chip in so we can arm the team ready for next years efforts!

Is this for golf?

Yeah, the blue allegedly makes white golf balls stand out on green grass... instead they make the owner stand out from normal people.

Worst golf gift I received was a bag of 100 used top flight golf balls. And I won't knock the potty putter as I have one and put the putting green down in my bathroom at time so I'm not sitting with my feet on freezing tile in the mornings lol.

Last edited:
Lately, I can't complain, my girlfriend is pretty good at telling people what I like in golf gear, however in the past I've received:

1. Cheap golf balls
2. Golf Towels
3. Generic Golf Clothes

Not trying to sound ungrateful, but I don't use cheap golf balls or enjoy cheap clothes; I don't mind spending extra for the brands I enjoy. However, I do understand that we all have different budgets, but just get me some socks or something instead of stuff I won't use.

Anyone ever receive some DISC golf disc's?

If I have time to play DISC golf, I'd rather play real golf....but thanks!

Anything that you dont use on the course. I love golf, but I dont live it.

Those blue sunglasses that are supposed to help ring your ball in the grass.

And I'm probably alone on this one, but in no way do I want anything sports fan related accessories on my bag. I love being a Mets fan, but I love being a Mets fan OFF the course. No headcovers, balls, or towels please.

I wouldn't want anyone to know I am a mets fan either...................Go Yankees!!!!! But to keep to the post, a ball retriever.

I've gotten that putter pool game twice now. I think lifetime i've used it zero between both gifts...

Brush tees lol

Some of you are ragging on some of my favorite gifts I've received over the years. I specifically asked for a Browns golf towel one year, a pull cart because I didn't want to pay the extra $1 every round to rent one, Top Flite balls in my early seasons. I also asked for a ball retriever for my birthday one year. Also in the early years of my golf game.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Some of you are ragging on some of my favorite gifts I've received over the years. I specifically asked for a Browns golf towel one year, a pull cart because I didn't want to pay the extra $1 every round to rent one, Top Flite balls in my early seasons. I also asked for a ball retriever for my birthday one year. Also in the early years of my golf game.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Browns towel and the push cart are highly approved. Everything else on your list...no, just no. Sorry not my style.

Back