2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squats, bench, and my first power cleans tonight. We don't have bumper plates at my gym, so it was a bit awkward starting with the bar on top of some plates to get it at the right level. Did my work sets at 95 which is half my dead lift. Seemed to be a good starting point, but I think I might stay at that weight the next time to make sure I get the form better, then move up from there.

We travel Christmas eve, nothing will be open Christmas, so next workout might be Saturday.
Go see Brodie. Outside of endo forged blades, it will be the best money you spend in a long time.

Go see Brodie. Outside of endo forged blades, it will be the best money you spend in a long time.
That's the plan next week!

Just hit a 2rm squat. Two more sets and I'm going to be a happy camper.

2nd set = burried

3rd set = my biatch

I didn't like the depth on my 3rd set. So I did a 4th and made sure I was deep enough.

Last edited:
Christmas shopping then getting home and comfortable after eating dinner has me not wanting to move but I have to get vertical and go to the gym.

Christmas shopping then getting home and comfortable after eating dinner has me not wanting to move but I have to get vertical and go to the gym.
If you're on the fence, go change your socks.

If you're on the fence, go change your socks.

I made it and I didn't change socks. I have no sock game. Going to see if I can hurt my uterus.

I made it and I didn't change socks. I have no sock game. Going to see if I can hurt my uterus.
Changing my socks is just what I do when I'm on the fence about training. it always works.

work sets from tonight are shown below. It was supposed to be 3 sets, doubles across. But I was on the fence about depth on the third set, so I skipped my accessory work and just did a 4th set, making sure I got depth. I went overboard on the depth.

That 4th set is a very inefficient squat. Don't do that.

work sets from tonight are shown below. It was supposed to be 3 sets, doubles across. But I was on the fence about depth on the third set, so I skipped my accessory work and just did a 4th set, making sure I got depth. I went overboard on the depth.

That 4th set is a very inefficient squat. Don't do that.

I like that you can be honest when you critique yourself. I really want to do that hammer vs tire the guy in mirror is doing.

I don't have my textbooks with me to double-check grammar and proper word use by Google, but: Железнодорожный работа является лучшим для силы. (railway work is the best for strength)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I like that you can be honest when you critique yourself. I really want to do that hammer vs tire the guy in mirror is doing.
Good conditioning work. I'm not sure what it really does from a strength standpoint. Maybe muscular endurance. As badass as that looks, after he was done working on the railroad, that guy was doing narrow grip incline bench press in the Smith machine.

Good conditioning work. I'm not sure what it really does from a strength standpoint. Maybe muscular endurance. As badass as that looks, after he was done working on the railroad, that guy was doing narrow grip incline bench press in the Smith machine.

ROFLMAO.

385x2 squats last night on the top end. Happy SWOLidays.

He was doing his pencil gripping auxiliary work. ;)

Presses tonight are kicking my arse. Lifting things overhead is hard, but pretty darn awesome.

Edit. Sonuva. Last rep, had to dump it. First time I've lost a press that has gotten over my head. Písses me off.

Last edited:
Any thoughts for why you failed?

Was it a technique failure, less hip drive than usual, elbows didn't help press, etc. Or not enough strength, or simply mental?
Presses tonight are kicking my arse. Lifting things overhead is hard, but pretty darn awesome.

Edit. Sonuva. Last rep, had to dump it. First time I've lost a press that has gotten over my head. Písses me off.

Any thoughts for why you failed?

Was it a technique failure, less hip drive than usual, elbows didn't help press, etc. Or not enough strength, or simply mental?

A lot of things. Poor recovery from squat night. Grip was a finger wide. Elbows were alright. Hips good. The biggest factor, 8 weeks ago it was a 1rm max. Last night hit 2 sets of 2 and 2 singles. The weight was also heavy.

I fixed my grip for the last set. The difference is obvious.

I fixed my grip for the last set. The difference is obvious.

There's nothing more annoying than starting a lift and realize your grip is off. Did the same on two of my pull up sets yesterday.

Yeah, no doubt. That will be me in a month when I get back to a gym. lol

Who ordered protein powder for xmas?? This guy! Im such a bro

Nice Christmas eve workout today, minus the guy doing curls in the squat rack... Both squat racks were occupied, one by the aforementioned curler, so did bench, then deads, then squats, and I was honestly worried whether I'd be able to do my squats after some heavy (for me) deads, but wasn't as big of an issue as I thought. Then I came home and played in the snow with my son. Now I can go nuts and eat a bunch of holiday sweets, right?? :hungry::alien:

Christmas travel and closures threw some kinks in the workout schedule. We went to the Eau Claire Y to get a workout in. Feeling under the weather, but had a couple extra days off so I kept with the progression. Need to up the calories too. I managed to lose a little weight during the holiday. Squats, press, and deadlifts.

Christmas travel and closures threw some kinks in the workout schedule. We went to the Eau Claire Y to get a workout in. Feeling under the weather, but had a couple extra days off so I kept with the progression. Need to up the calories too. I managed to lose a little weight during the holiday. Squats, press, and deadlifts.
Eau Claire? Western Wisconsin?

Eau Claire? Western Wisconsin?
Yes sir. Knew that would get something out of you.

Parents moved here after I was done with high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back