THP Live Round thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe you wore nice golf clothes on a day like that. Would've wore blue jeans or jogging pants

looks like it was pretty muddy
I always wear slacks or shorts. You'll never seen me in anything less on the golf course. Just how I am suppose. My old man on the other hand could be known as "Denim Dan" every now and again. And it wasn't too bad considering it rained tonight.
They are golfing not cutting down a Christmas tree.
Fact! Anytime on the course I'll dress the part.

I always wear slacks or shorts. You'll never seen me in anything less on the golf course. Just how I am suppose. My old man on the other hand could be known as "Denim Dan" every now and again. And it wasn't too bad considering it rained tonight.

As it should be.

Don't feed the troll dude. You and your pops enjoyed golf on Christmas Day, let's celebrate that!

Approach on 9 for me. Caught it a little heavy.
a7b520034f8ae0d2be01fafeec161e62.jpg

Had 40 foot birdie putt for the tie after Maddog put his 6 iron chip shot from just off the green to about 4 inches. Miss the birdie putt on the edge. It was tracking the whole way. Lost to Maddog 1 down on the 9th! One of the better Christmases I can remember. I finished 37 and he finished 38. So he played 1 under his cap and I played 1 over playing scratch.

What a fantastic Christmas day!!! Not going to add any details, six4three5 did a great job posting the round! This is only the second time in my life I have played golf on Christmas Day in Western New York, ( I am 55 years old, so it has been a loooooong time in coming ). This is one of the best Christmas presents I could have ever asked for, playing golf on Christmas with my son. we almost had the course to ourselves. We always like to play for a little something, today is was for bragging rights. It came down to the last hole, I had about a 20 yard shot from the fringe, for those of you who know my game, I am deadly with my six iron for these types of shots, Jimmy asked me if I want the pin out, I said no leave it in, he asked " what no confidence in the shot?" I laughed and said " are you kidding me, it is my six iron, I will be surprised if it doesn't go in" ( then I laughed a little bit). I hit right where I wanted to land it and thought it had a chance to go in. it settled to about 4" left. Jimmy looked at me and smiled and proceeded to pick my ball up and toss it to me, giving the 4. He had a long 40 footer for birdie and to halve the match. Before he got over his ball to putt, I told him , " I hope you make it, we will push on Christmas Day", he did not say anything, went on with his routine and hit the putt, it was tracking, rolling nice, I thought it was in, then it just died out of the hole to 2" right of the hole. I won the match one up.

The only thing I will brag about for this "win", it was one the nicest Christmases I have had in a long time, spending time with family, doing something we love and doing it well.

Merry Christmas !

What a fantastic Christmas day!!! Not going to add any details, six4three5 did a great job posting the round! This is only the second time in my life I have played golf on Christmas Day in Western New York, ( I am 55 years old, so it has been a loooooong time in coming ). This is one of the best Christmas presents I could have ever asked for, playing golf on Christmas with my son. we almost had the course to ourselves. We always like to play for a little something, today is was for bragging rights. It came down to the last hole, I had about a 20 yard shot from the fringe, for those of you who know my game, I am deadly with my six iron for these types of shots, Jimmy asked me if I want the pin out, I said no leave it in, he asked " what no confidence in the shot?" I laughed and said " are you kidding me, it is my six iron, I will be surprised if it doesn't go in" ( then I laughed a little bit). I hit right where I wanted to land it and thought it had a chance to go in. it settled to about 4" left. Jimmy looked at me and smiled and proceeded to pick my ball up and toss it to me, giving the 4. He had a long 40 footer for birdie and to halve the match. Before he got over his ball to putt, I told him , " I hope you make it, we will push on Christmas Day", he did not say anything, went on with his routine and hit the putt, it was tracking, rolling nice, I thought it was in, then it just died out of the hole to 2" right of the hole. I won the match one up.

The only thing I will brag about for this "win", it was one the nicest Christmases I have had in a long time, spending time with family, doing something we love and doing it well.

Merry Christmas !

Sounds like a great day to me guys! Merry Christmas and great shooting by both of you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maddog and I are heading out in about 15 mins to go play. I'm thinking we should make a little match out of it. What format should we play and who you guys got to win? Me or Maddog, we'll be doing 9 and I'll be giving him 3 or 4 pops.

Nothing better than a round with pops! Merry Christmas to you both!!!

Well done to you both. Merry Christmas fellows!

OITW and I playing a post Christmas match. I'm one up through 4, but we both might be in a bit of trouble off the tee.

Didn't go in the woods, ended up holing a long putt for birdie to beat his bogey. Both lying 3 from a ways out on a par 5.

14379bb563a5511ab7f1b86fbae91aa8.jpg

Back to 1 up after a 3 putt.

OITW front edge on a long par 3 with a Heavenwood.

Merry Christmas fellas! We're about to be off!
1acea7ddce96c36d78a5ed7a91509b35.jpg

Maddogs "Game Face"

dd9db889c3435ba3449204dad1db6632.jpg

I didn't know Tom Selleck was upstate for the holidays..happy that you could get out in December and great round by both of you!

14379bb563a5511ab7f1b86fbae91aa8.jpg

Back to 1 up after a 3 putt.

OITW front edge on a long par 3 with a Heavenwood.

Looking good..have fun out there!

SanDiegoNative and I are getting ready to tee it up in 35 minutes

OITW takes the lead after 12 and I'm in trouble off 13.

83cba03bff3fc66cae0919ff6e92b6b6.jpg

Just teed off and Minh makes par on 1st. I made bogey with horrible 3 putt

Leaking oil and we are dormie at 16.

Minh took the first, my double on two tied, bogey on three and tied bogeys on four have Minh winning so far 1 up thru 4

Have a great time you too.

And I'm officially closed out. Lost my swing and couldn't recover. OITW's short game has been great today.

Finished with a par and two solid iron shots. Shot a 90 or so. I'll take anything on December 26.

#PlayTheFade is my motto of the morning so far.

Headed out shortly will try to update here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back